IGNORED

Goat Simulator, GOATY!

Retroid

I've played this for about two hours, and I've yet to "complete" it. I haven't done all the achievements, I haven't found all the collectibles and I still find easter eggs all over the place. For me, this has been worth the pricetag so far, and I know I've got quite a bit of content to unveil.

Can't wait for the Steam Workshop to fill up with weird stuff for this :)

I thought it was a funny article. It's basically the Snakes on a Plane phenomenon again, where someone comes up with a shit idea and everyone thinks "that's so shit, how funny would it be if they actually made it??!!" and then they make it and it's £7 and it seems a lot less funny than it did in the comments section about a year previously. it's a bit like Surgeon Simulator - a hilarious idea and a side-splitting free joke game, and then they make an actual game with a career mode and loads of secrets and charge money for it, and then you realise you it's still a joke game, but the butt of the joke is suddenly the person paying £10 for it, rather than the game itself.

That said, if people are happy to pay £7 for Goat Simulator, then the developers are justified in charging £7 for it. It does look incredibly funny from the videos - there's something inherently hilarious about wonky physics - but I can see why someone would think the whole LOL GOATZ thing was a bit naff.

• 6 years later...

Yes my 5yo has spent hours screaming with laughter playing this game! It’s hilarious just watching her.

Also, the increase in frame rate (FPS and stability) on a Series S compared to my Xbone X is pretty substantial. Who’d have thought the best game to demonstrate upgrading your console was this broken mess?!

• 1 year later...

So Goat Simulator 3 then... 🤣🤣🤣

Fantastic trailer, it gives me hope that they're not going to stray far from what made the first game so wacky but wonderful.

I have put more hours into the first game than probably any other game in existence. Three years ago, when my daughter was five she discovered the game and ever since we've been using it as a platform to tell all sorts of stories.

She loves it and it's become a near daily fixture in our lives. Often she'll come home from school and one of the first things she'll do is run up to me and detail some new wild and wonderful adventure our goats can go on. Often the adventures will travel across the various bonus worlds and use multiple mods. We've been orphaned goats born in space who have to free MMO world from a tyrannical dinosaur, we've been bandit wizards who have to save kittens from an evil camel, we've been Olympic paragliding goats who have a lifelong rivally and so, so many more.

It's a stupid, inane game in of itself but when you combine its generous sandbox, mods and endless amount of secrets with a childs imagination, it becomes this amazing canvas for free form story telling.

I missed the original announcement and only learned of its existence last night. When I told my daughter (because this was completely unexpected and boy, had we pined for a new world to visit, I hadn't imagined there would ever be a sequel) she must have spent ten full minutes jumping with delight.

Honestly, I'll just be happy with a change! As much fun as we have with it, "goated out" has become a common turn of phrase in our house. 😂

Anyway, if you have kids I can reccomend giving it a chance, see what they do with it.

From the look of that trailer, the team knows what made the first game so special and with the promise of a bigger world, more customisation and expanded multiplayer options, I'm sure many more adventures await. 🙂

I was wondering why they were using a not-so-timely Dead Island 2 parody for the trailer, but I remembered they did the same thing for the original and the Dead Island 1 trailer, so I guess that makes sense.

The first GS is fun, though. Just a silly sandbox to mess about in for a bit.

On 19/06/2022 at 21:30, Robo_1 said:

So Goat Simulator 3 then... 🤣🤣🤣

Fantastic trailer, it gives me hope that they're not going to stray far from what made the first game so wacky but wonderful.

I have put more hours into the first game than probably any other game in existence. Three years ago, when my daughter was five she discovered the game and ever since we've been using it as a platform to tell all sorts of stories.

She loves it and it's become a near daily fixture in our lives. Often she'll come home from school and one of the first things she'll do is run up to me and detail some new wild and wonderful adventure our goats can go on. Often the adventures will travel across the various bonus worlds and use multiple mods. We've been orphaned goats born in space who have to free MMO world from a tyrannical dinosaur, we've been bandit wizards who have to save kittens from an evil camel, we've been Olympic paragliding goats who have a lifelong rivally and so, so many more.

It's a stupid, inane game in of itself but when you combine its generous sandbox, mods and endless amount of secrets with a childs imagination, it becomes this amazing canvas for free form story telling.

I missed the original announcement and only learned of its existence last night. When I told my daughter (because this was completely unexpected and boy, had we pined for a new world to visit, I hadn't imagined there would ever be a sequel) she must have spent ten full minutes jumping with delight.

Honestly, I'll just be happy with a change! As much fun as we have with it, "goated out" has become a common turn of phrase in our house. 😂

Anyway, if you have kids I can reccomend giving it a chance, see what they do with it.

From the look of that trailer, the team knows what made the first game so special and with the promise of a bigger world, more customisation and expanded multiplayer options, I'm sure many more adventures await. 🙂

This is such a lovely post. As someone who has made games for most of my life, reading about how this one game really matters for one child makes me happy. When I played the original I enjoyed it for an hour or so, doing daft stuff, but it wasn't really my thing (but then there's huge swathes of popular culture that isn't for me). I seem to recall reading about this sequel, and thinking who cares? Clearly some folk do, and I was wrong. A little reminder that my opinion is just that.