rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Puzzles

Inside No.9

I don't think the name of this show has helped it, it's not memorable.

I agree. In fact, even the original, shorter title "No. 9" would have been better. It's a real shame if people missed out due to not realising what it was.

Been a great series though and I'm looking foward to more of them.

The Harrowing

I think I was waiting for some clever denoument, that never materialized, though perhaps that *was* it, in a meta sense, as we always expect some twist. It did mean that narratively, the story was over well before the credits, and the rest was just playing out. It *was* creepily excellent.

Also- was that the same house that the Blind Beanie-Babies collector lived in, in Psychoville?

A quick heads-up that this is back for a new series this month...

SITCOM: Inside No 9
On: BBC 2 HD (102)
Date: Thursday 26th March 2015
Time: 22:00 to 22:30 (30 minutes long)

La Couchette.
Dark comedy series from Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton. What goes on behind closed doors on the street where you live? Inside No. 9 invites viewers into six very different No. 9s, where the ordinary and mundane rub shoulders with the extraordinary and macabre.
(4 Star)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=8627

Copyright © GipsyMedia Limited.

• Upvote 3

I really hope Jack Whitehall was only in that one episode. I feel we should have a James Corden style thread for him on here. However, I do like him flirting with Stephen Fry when he is on QI.

Haven't seen the first episode of the second series yet but skipped to last night's after the praise on here. It was really really great, I got a bit of a lump in my throat at the end.

They've become a very accomplished writing pair. I used to love The League Of Gentleman back in the day but seeing repeats recently I found it a bit tiresome in its relentless crudeness and vulgarity. They're progressed a lot since then.

It was very different to the other episodes. Almost like a stand alone 30 minute drama. Bleak but beautiful.

I felt like

Time to Say Goodbye

was a pretty big give away though, being such and odd choice in it's usage.

Just found this thread, glad I wasn't the only person who thought the last episode was amazing. Fantastically set up and performed. Very moving.

I also loved the first episode of the series.

I had no idea this was the second season though, I'll have to look for the first now.