IGNORED

Inside No.9

Professor Puzzles

What was that last episode about then, eh?

Spoiler

Middle Englanders are so hypocritical and xenophobic that if it was the Second Coming, they’d murder Jesus for looking a bit foreign?

Did I get it? Am I smart?

10 minutes ago, Popo said:

What was that last episode about then, eh?

Hide contents

Middle Englanders are so hypocritical and xenophobic that if it was the Second Coming, they’d murder Jesus for looking a bit foreign?

Did I get it? Am I smart?

It was absolute fucking shit so I wouldn't worry too much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Bazjam said:

Thought that was a great start to the series.

Agreed.

Diane Morgan was brilliant, it’s interesting that the female guest stars always seem to make for great episodes.

I enjoyed it too, but was mildly surprised there was no twist.

Then I listened to the podcast and they seem to think that:

Spoiler

Him being dead and that guy being the ferryman while his friends survived on “the other side” WAS a twist! 

I mean, perhaps I just have that association where some people might not, but as soon as he woke up on the boat with that guy I just immediately thought 

Spoiler

Oh right, so he’s dead then 

I wasn’t even especially trying to look for anything! 

21 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I enjoyed it too, but was mildly surprised there was no twist.

Then I listened to the podcast and they seem to think that:

Hide contents

Him being dead and that guy being the ferryman while his friends survived on “the other side” WAS a twist! 

I mean, perhaps I just have that association where some people might not, but as soon as he woke up on the boat with that guy I just immediately thought 

Hide contents

Oh right, so he’s dead then 

I wasn’t even especially trying to look for anything! 

Well, I thought

Spoiler

His friends were dead too - we saw them arguing and the boat start to rock. I took “other side” to mean the afterlife.

This week episode I thought was one of there best and darkest eps they have done

spoilers ahead so don’t click until you have watched the episode.

Spoiler

It was going be sooner or later before they tackled a full on wicker man style story and this was a great one - some decent misdirection as to where it was going up until the kids “assembly” when it all as usual clicked into place. Maybe it’s the thought of killer kids but  the ending def made me feel uncomfortable in a good way in how there gleefully all happy to be sacrificing the new teacher as part of there harvest celebration. 

I really liked it but I'm surprised by some of the reactions about 

Spoiler

how scary it is, with some saying it's the scariest episode yet. With regards to being unsettling, episodes like The Harrowing and The Seance are in a different league for me. Was a great episode, though.

Yes, that was an all time classic, there's usually one every series isn't there?

Steve was properly creepy this week, he was channeling a bit of Pops I think with some of his expressions.

It was excellent but

Spoiler

the Wickerman/Children of The Corn bits were a bit heavy-handed. I think if you've seen a lot of folk-horror you probably knew what was coming. It was proper creepy though and pretty funny in places. 

Loved this week's episode but really wish they were longer. The last 10 minutes seemed rushed after such a strong beginning, given longer they could have really have creeped out the audience with those kids.