rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Puzzles

Inside No.9

I've finally got round to watching this on Netflix (only yesterday realised they're repeating it on BBC2), and it's the best TV I've seen for ages. I'm almost finished with series 3.

I rewatched The League of Gentlemen not so long ago, and thought it was quite dated in places. Inside No 9 shows how far they've matured in all aspects of writing - plot structure, the brilliantly well-hidden twists and counter twists, the ability to create memorable one-off characters, cracking dialogue, the swtich from hilarity to delicious nastiness. Even some of the lesser episodes have so much going for them. And as performers they've never been better. Steve Pemberton in particular is fantastic - I always thought he was the best and most versatile actor of the three (compare the average-bloke-down-the-pub Mike with the terrifying Pop, for instance).

The Devil of Christmas, though. Holy. Shit. :o

• Upvote 6

Just binged watched all of this over the last week or so.  What a fucking stupendously great programme.   Best thing I've seen in ages.  

Hard to pick favourites, but I'd vote:

S1: Tom & Gerri

S2: 12 Days of Christine

S3: OH GOD THESE WERE ALL EXCELLENT, Diddle Diddle Dumnpling was probably my favourite though

S4: OH GOD THESE WERE EVEN MORE ALL EXCELLENT. Can't choose..  Though 'And the winner is' was probably the weakest / least twisted. 

Roll on Season 5.  :wub:

• Upvote 6

On 29/01/2019 at 14:30, Hanzo the Razor said:

I hadn't at the time but have since! Fucking superb. Especially funny as my gf recounted a story of how her parents watched it live but bought into the 'problems' so much that they changed channel! Fucking hell lol.