rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
sixbuttons

Coolface F1 - Unofficial Xbox 360 F1 2011 Championship

Even though we only had 4 people last night, that was the most fun I've had in ages. 2011 is a God damn sublime fluke of a game with a real sensation of speed, cars that react with the same power and handling you'd expect the pinnicle of engineering to, and offers close entertaining racing up and down the field.

So we had 4 people last night, 2 more were up for it but couldn't find/didn't have have the game, 3 others who said they'd come probably forgot or were busy which is absolutely fine, Kiro would totally play if he wasn't bogged down at work, annnnd I'm pretty sure Meerman will come round to our way of thinking . It's a good sizable phoenix from the flames.

So here's the proposed rules of CoolfaceF1 (yes, I renamed it - Mexos, you may do the logo), a relaxed alternative to the bullshit we've had to put up with for the past few years:

- All played on 2011 with equal cars, 50% races

- All penalties scrubbed (within reason, if you cut half the circuit every lap then you can die in a fire)

- Points to be awarded for positions 1 to 6 if we have less than 10 regular participants

- Make your own teams with car manufacturers randomly selected (these will not necessarily match your team), or drive as a privateer - your choice!

- Gary and Boozy boards

- Casual chat allowed and encouraged. This is a non-serious championship and will not contribute to the official stats. Bonus points for best conversational topic and injoke of the night.

- As your Dear Leader I am automatically world champion before we start

Calendar would be: Australia, Turkey, Catalunya, Montreal, Valencia, Britain, Germany, Spa, Monza, Suzuka, India, Brazil (totally willing to revisit this if others have different suggestions but we are sticking to a 12-race calendar)

Dates TBA.

It is worth doing this in a championship format to keep some structure and allow us to keep playing together, but again - completely casual. You either show up or you don't, no big deal.

I do feel like we need to a minimum of 8 to make this worthwhile and preferably 10. So, sign ye asses up plx.

Entries:

1. Rice Kingford

2. Mexos

3. Picasso

4. LeChuck

5. Moodmon

6. John0

7. TG 30K

8. ?

• Upvote 1

Could not make last night but I am in for the above, If we score from 1 to 6 are we going to use the pre 2002 F1 scoring system of 10-6-4-3-2-1, calender does not feel right with no Monaco on it though.

• Upvote 1

Could not make last night but I am in for the above, If we score from 1 to 6 are we going to use the pre 2002 F1 scoring system of 10-6-4-3-2-1, calender does not feel right with no Monaco on it though.

Yes.

What track would we drop in favour of Monaco, gentleman? I am very keen to keep Catalunya and Nurburgring in for entirely selfish reasons, but I will listen to you peasants and take your opinions into account.

annnnd I'm pretty sure Meerman will come round to our way of thinking.

Nope. Sorry.

Currently buried in FM4, playing the game through and through because of new stick shift heaven.

post-3265-0-12141400-1391346410_thumb.jp

Can't guarantee I'll be there every week, but yeah count me in and will make it to as many races as I can!

APKing? Meerman Jnr?

Edit: Harns?!

Also, I think we could aim for a shorter Championship maybe.. how's about:

Australia, Suzuka, Silverstone, Turkey, Interlagos, Spa, India (then maybe 1 or 2 more out of Valencia, Barcelona, Montreal)?

Australia, Silverstone, Turkey, Interlagos, Spa, India, Catalunya, Montreal, Nurburgring would give us a nine race calendar BUT I have a better idea - everyone involved choose their favourite track and that goes in. We can do it in sign up order so we have no repeats.

Right fuck it, gonna buy this at the weekend? When is next race? Dont know what favourite track is, ill havew a go at weekend and let you know!

• Upvote 1

Valencia? :)

Pretty much all the tracks on 2011 are fun.. don't think it will matter that much.

I've got a feeling if we are all picking a track each that my choice will not be very popular with the rest of the group.

I wouldn't worry, mine is Singapore in the wet.

Only joshing.

resize_image.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ooooh.. interesting idea that you get to pick the track AND the conditions though....? :)

Right fuck it, gonna buy this at the weekend? When is next race? Dont know what favourite track is, ill havew a go at weekend and let you know!

Probably in conjunction with the new F1 season. Definitely after I get back from holiday (first week of March) because that's how important I am.

Now: for Joyce's knowledge, did this one need an online pass? I have a sneaky suspicion it did? Just in case he picks up a second hand copy.

Ooooh.. interesting idea that you get to pick the track AND the conditions though....? :)

That is indeed interesting. I... will leave that open to the group to decide on, as I am not against it, but do keep in mind that the dynamic weather did work bloody well in 2011.

Ill try find a new copy, if not ill buy a 2nd hand one and buy a online pass no worries.

• Upvote 2

For some reason, the first thing that ran through my head was Welsh Wizard F1.

I've just remembered our brilliant inter-team pit codeword we were due to use in Season 7.

'Meerman'.

I am really quite looking forward to pCars. Seems the most obvious choice and I'm sure more than just us will buy it, for a championship expansion.

On no fucking Earth am I buying F1 2014.

Ah, the online racing folder is alive!

Hello all :)

And yes, PCars is definitely on my radar. Be nice if I can use my Fanatec with the PS4 (doubtful) as its gathering dust these days while I play Fifa 14 and my Vita (and wait for The Last Of Us to come out in June).

I haven't forgotten about Coolface F1 if people still want to do it, I'm just preoccupied with digging myself out of a hole at the mo.

My belief is reaffirmed that if you can't do a proper sim game, you should go for a more arcadey style with some sim elements. That's why 2011 was so damn good (that, and that it's the only game in the entire series that was eventually fully fixed and visibly bug free)

I'm very excited about pCars. All in all should be a good time as Forza Horizon 2 (we all know it's coming) will land around in the same vicinity. Are we all saying PS4 version?

Hi guys *waves* :)

I will almost certainly pick up a PS4 at some point.. but still holding out for any info about wheel support... don't suppose we've heard anything from anywhere?

Ah yes, that so-far wonderful paperweight with no games...

TOWERFALL ASCENSION

48989300.jpg

Hello chaps! 1000% up for pCARS when it lands. It's been too long, it would be great to get some racing going again with you guys. I'll not pretend that a grin didn't appear on my face when I saw that there were new posts in here. :)

• Upvote 3

TOWERFALL ASCENSION

Unfortunately this is the kind of game that makes me want to do damage to puppies and kittens.

I'm not suggesting PS4 won't come good, it obviously will, I just seem to find all the next-gen games I want to play at the moment are on the other thing.

I wish Pinball Arcade wasn't made by idiots that have no idea how physics work. I'd have a reason to turn the thing on then :(

But don't mind me, I have had a terrible week. I even bought a 4-pack of Special Brew to destroy myself with this evening, that's how bad it's been.