Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Halo

• 4 weeks later...

So recently we started the whole show from the beginning and just as we finished season 5, season 6 started on Netflix (just very good timing). We haven't seen any season 6 yet but so far this is easily my favourite cold open. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I read they binned a load of completed episodes after last summers protests, so I wonder if it’s become too difficult to make a pretty right-on sitcom with everything that’s going on as a backdrop. Maybe it’s for the best as some of the episodes where they tackle big issues head-on feel a bit clumsy and less fun to watch. Really disappointed it’s finishing though, it’s such an amazing show.

29 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Ah OK. I think the quote I read was that they were “ready to go”. I suppose I read too much into it.

Yeah, it wasn't entirely clear from the quote. I think it's just scrips, I imagine if there had been completed episodes they would have been released at some point. 

14 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I read they binned a load of completed episodes after last summers protests, so I wonder if it’s become too difficult to make a pretty right-on sitcom with everything that’s going on as a backdrop. Maybe it’s for the best as some of the episodes where they tackle big issues head-on feel a bit clumsy and less fun to watch. Really disappointed it’s finishing though, it’s such an amazing show.

There's been a lot of discussion in the American media about how cop shows built the public's false view of the cops over the 20th century. Lionised them as hard-working, selfless good guys, rather than corrupt discrete organisations built on racist infrastructure.

I can imagine that a lot of people involved with the show, considering its inclusive ensemble, feel like they're a part of the problem. Despite their best efforts.

That said, since it was originally envisaged as a Parks and Rec spinoff, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another, very similar show in the same universe before too long.

26 minutes ago, schmojo said:

There's been a lot of discussion in the American media about how cop shows built the public's false view of the cops over the 20th century. Lionised them as hard-working, selfless good guys, rather than corrupt discrete organisations built on racist infrastructure.

I can imagine that a lot of people involved with the show, considering its inclusive ensemble, feel like they're a part of the problem. Despite their best efforts.

That said, since it was originally envisaged as a Parks and Rec spinoff, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another, very similar show in the same universe before too long.

Bearing in my the fair points you raise, them aside its absolutely thr type of show I could see a continuation of down the line. 

• 3 months later...

It's coming back on 12 August. And for the final season, episodes will be airing in pairs, with two each Thursday (US). Though apparently we shouldn't expect it to be done in 5 consecutive weeks, thanks to football getting in the way.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, 5R7 said:

NINE-NI...oh...oh...oh this is a heavy return 😕 i mean... what with *gestures at US policing* it kinda makes sense...

Yeah glad they addressed it but also it feels futile. A little odd Amy was completely sideline from serious discussions on it with the B story with Holt while Rosa/Jake etc

Spoiler

Until that last scene 😭

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/08/2021 at 17:10, 5R7 said:

NINE-NI...oh...oh...oh this is a heavy return 😕 i mean... what with *gestures at US policing* it kinda makes sense...

edit: Ep 2 is a bit more classic 99

Just catching up now and I think it was important that they addressed police injustice. After last year, even though it's a comedy show I think them addressing things was the right thing to do. 

Genuinely teared up a little when Holt was talking to Amy.

And done.

Not the best finale ever but pretty solid. Lots of call backs and most of the "ongoing" story stuff had already been wrapped up.

This season, while comfortable, never felt like it achieved the highs previous episodes had managed.

Still really going to miss this and AS trying not to choke up and the end was quite affecting.

Spoiler

Title of your sex movie

😭