Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Halo

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the 1st series on Netflix recently, probably be years til the next one turns up on there...

As said, Andre Braugher is bloody good and I find Chelsea Peretti pretty funny, even though I didn't like her to begin with really. Looking forward to more!

I enjoyed the 1st series on Netflix recently, probably be years til the next one turns up on there...

As said, Andre Braugher is bloody good and I find Chelsea Peretti pretty funny, even though I didn't like her to begin with really. Looking forward to more!

The Captain and Terry are my favourites. The Captain because he's deadpan hilarious and Terry because he really likes yoghurt

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's me, but after the first few episodes, I've not been finding the second season as good as the first. It still makes me smile, but very little makes me laugh- the Halloween episode was a low point (just seen the up to the episode after that, which was slightly better).

• 3 months later...

Probably going to get slaughtered for this, but I've tried to give this a go a few times and can't past the feeling that it's just a police version of Scrubs. A really "quirky" main character with a hardass boss and female colleague who is a love interest. Probably doesn't help that the guy looks a bit similar too.

Just me? :blush:

Probably going to get slaughtered for this, but I've tried to give this a go a few times and can't past the feeling that it's just a police version of Scrubs. A really "quirky" main character with a hardass boss and female colleague who is a love interest.

You've just described every US sitcom. It's more Parks and Rec than Scrubs but once you start watching you realise it's a hell of a lot funnier than anything in Scrubs post season 1, and a lot of later Parks.

It's great, essentially. Give it another go and forget about bloody Scrubs.

I really liked Scrubs, and I really like this- I think it definitely has a few parallels with the same kind of quirky humour and slight sentimental edge.

Glad Braugher's not gone but they definitely need to shake things up a little for the next season- this one had far less funny moments than the first for me. By the end, I was watching it more to see what happened with the characters than for the actual humour. I still enjoyed watching it, but everything felt like it was riffing on humour from season one, which was funnier the first time around.

Is that the name of your sex tape?

:lol:

You've just described every US sitcom. It's more Parks and Rec than Scrubs but once you start watching you realise it's a hell of a lot funnier than anything in Scrubs post season 1, and a lot of later Parks.

It's great, essentially. Give it another go and forget about bloody Scrubs.

Never heard of Parks and Rec to be honest, not really watched a lot of US comedy (unless the missus has watched it on E4, I probably haven't seen it). Scrubs did get pretty shit after the first series or two, that's probably what has put me off this too. Will need to give this another chance I suppose!