rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hello Goaty ♥

> Vic & Bobs House Of Fools Official thread

Yeah, that was varnigh flawless! Hope they can keep the quality up for the last 2, really looking forwards to the film now.

"Look at the state of me! It's the ice"

When Vic forgot the words at the end

"Grow a potato, la la la

(bob's line)

get bent (leg kick)"

:lol: majestic.

Superb, and I think the deliberate low brow setting captures the original series brilliantly. The bloke shouting 'ARSEHOLE!' at Bob from the audience had me in stitches.

They really are on top form.  You'd expect older comedians to be trading a little on past glories but I honestly think they are better than ever.  Bob Mortimer is one of the funniest people alive.  There's a youtube video of his Would I Lie To You appearances which is just amazing.

• Upvote 5

I liked the spontaneous DAAAAAAAAEEHs near the beginning.

I was slightly disappointed that Bob's face didn't do something different when he tried to do the face hole thing.

Just watched the first two back to back.

Crying laughing. Funniest thing I’ve seen in years. All of it was utterly inspired. Award-winning stuff.

Also, do I get a prize for spotting that Vic’s plastic surgery nose (the one he got from John’s (you know, above the arcade)) wasn’t in fact a dog’s ballbag, but rather the severed ear from an otter-man’s head. :coffee:

Cannot wait for the next one.

1 hour ago, morcs said:

I was slightly disappointed that Bob's face didn't do something different when he tried to do the face hole thing.

Properly belly laughed at that.

Great to see Mulligan and O'hare back too, maybe a sequel to 'Pancake Day' is on the cards.

I am scratching my head as to why this has been dumped on BBC4, seems hugely cautious unless they're taking that channel in a slightly alternative direction. Seeing both of them trying to keep a straight face through all of it is worth the price of entry alone.

19 minutes ago, marsh said:

Properly belly laughed at that.

Yeah I just thought usually when they do that gag - Bob can't do it but ends up doing something equally funny, though I guess they covered that in the orange peeling one.

I liked Tom Hanks walking off as well.

Some of the special computery effects in this are great, do you think? Surprisingly realistic with just the right amount of cartooniness, works really well.

Just remembering the gooseberry in the suitcase with the used cotton buds, will definitely be tuning into the royal variety performance for another 45 minutes of that.

• Upvote 2

On 06/12/2018 at 09:53, JPickford said:

They really are on top form.  You'd expect older comedians to be trading a little on past glories but I honestly think they are better than ever.  Bob Mortimer is one of the funniest people alive.  There's a youtube video of his Would I Lie To You appearances which is just amazing.

His WILTY appearances are some God-tier surrealism. Except they're all bloody true, no matter how outlandish the story.

• Upvote 1

On 06/12/2018 at 09:53, JPickford said:

It's great that Bob has done so much stuff in recent years. Between House of Fools, WILTY, Athletico Mince and Big Night Out he's been cranking out new material. (The fishing thing was a bit of a letdown (in pure comedy terms) but I guess that wasn't what they were going for.)

The WILTY story involving a tape recorder at school, and the first South African story on Mince (and many of the recent Mince songs) are incredible, proper gasping for air laughs.

I really struggle to think of anyone as instinctively funny, ever. Spike Milligan maybe.

• Upvote 3

It’s been a while since I laughed that hard. I sat watching it on my phone in a cafe and I think people thought I was mad.

I was literally crying with laughter when he was throwing that gooseberry in the suitcase. And I loved that both of them were having trouble keeping it together during Mulligan and O’Hare.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

I really struggle to think of anyone as instinctively funny, ever. Spike Milligan maybe.

I'm going to track down this mince thing as it sounds superb. Interesting comparison to Milligan, they both come across as incredibly mischievous.

• Upvote 1

Athletico mince is amazing, I've been listening since day one. I'm often out on the street with it on and I literally have to stop for a few minutes. Funniest thing I have in years. They are using some of the same jokes on this new series, but it doesn't seem right without Bob's impression of Peter Beardsley.

But if you are a fan of R&M, seriously look up Mince.

Why is this still called the House of Fools thread? Can a mod either split out the Big Night Out talk or rename it. I’m always skimming past it.

It's a tiny thing, but the bit where "Professor Robert Winston" gave a little saucy look after he said "gynaecology" had me absolutely creasing up.

That ghost hunters bit had me in stitches.  This was definitely better tan the first one, and that was inspired.

EDIT: it appears it's a rehash of this thing they did in 2015

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jonamok said:

Not up there with the first two

Oof, that's a bit of an understatement.

"Dirty girl with your dirty brown knickers!"

"I've been in the paddock, strictly legal"

"My cousin Terry is a hoarder"

Will keep me going until next week.

I'm blaming this George Ezra character for stealing our weekly hit of the morecambe and wise style uplifting end song.

7 hours ago, witchypoos said:

"Dirty girl with your dirty brown knickers!"

"I've been in the paddock, strictly legal"

"My cousin Terry is a hoarder"

"A real London guy. Walkin' around with a bit of pepper in me pouch, do you know what I mean?"

That's always my favourite bit, the first bit where they're just chatting, one of them will tell a joke and pull a face, followed by some slapstick punching, impromptu silly songs and now the CGI stuff too.

Not usually as keen on the other bits but absolutely loved the ghost hunters Bruce Forsyth one.

On 11/12/2018 at 13:28, esar said:

*BFI interview*

Ha, I just came to post this. Finally confirmation that it was Bob doing those weird phone calls to Iain Lee's radio show. And great to hear they're finally getting that film made.