rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hello Goaty ♥

> Vic & Bobs House Of Fools Official thread

You see, this here thread is why I come into rllmuk. Good taste. Everyone I know thought this was somewhere between average and shit. It angers me that my friends and colleagues have no sense of humour it seems.

Vic and Bob are my comedy idols and I thought this was fantastic, the bets they've been in years and for me they've never really been bad in their whole career. I haven't cried with laughter for ages but I did several times during this. Just like I used to with Judge Nutmeg and Wavy Davy.

It doesn't mean they've got no sense of humour. It means theirs is different to yours.

It doesn't mean they've got no sense of humour. It means theirs is different to yours.

The correct response to this should be something along the lines of 'same difference' but actually these are people who like Vic and Bob previously and just thought this was amateurish and not very funny, when it's clearly honed to perfection by two comedy geniuses and also fucking hilarious.

So yes, of course they are entitled to a different opinion. Unfortunately, in this case, they are wrong. :P

• Upvote 1

I preferred it over the first overall. Still not sure on the Scandinavian son, but 'don't touch me, the moron' was great.

Didn't we have a lovely day, the day we killed Bruce Willis?

The zoom in on their shoes as they prance around on the squeaky Pie Shop floor just kills me :lol:

I completely lost it when Matt Berry was told to go get the pie.

"I can't! I'm on!"

not keen on the character of bobs son, good he's rarely in it. Angelos is great

I honestly don't see what they get in Skinner.

Angelos was a poor man's George Dawes and Bosh is by far the least funny character in this. His comic timing is so off it's like he's trying to show off to Vic and Bob all the time to get a laugh.

Obviously you disagree, so what is it that you like about him?

Bosh is a pretty spot-on take on many unintentionally ridiculous north-eastern hard acts. Considering he's not even from anywhere near the area he absolutely nails the Teesside accent.

I completely lost it when Matt Berry was told to go get the pie.

"I can't! I'm on!"

I keep remembering this as I'm going about my day and laughing to myself. I was drying my hair out of the shower this morning and started to giggle uncontrollably into my towel. My son walked in and asked if I was OK.

The animated sequences, squeaky floor and Julie's "as if that matters!" were other highlights

Bruce Willis chanting over a pie often pops into my head too and I laugh to myself. That and the squeaky floor. And Bob being stuck in the bullet proof pie glass :lol:

This show is genuinely the first thing to make me laugh out loud in a looooong time!

I honestly don't see what they get in Skinner.

Angelos was a poor man's George Dawes and Bosh is by far the least funny character in this. His comic timing is so off it's like he's trying to show off to Vic and Bob all the time to get a laugh.

Obviously you disagree, so what is it that you like about him?

pretty much what CarloOos said. the character reminds me of one of the Barons nightclub Bouncers that Vic played.

pretty much what CarloOos said. the character reminds me of one of the Barons nightclub Bouncers that Vic played.

I know.

I'm with Jon here to the extent that I'm not going to neg him. I've never been a fan of any of his characters, I just don't think he's naturally funny. Like when he sprang up from below the table from nowhere. Not even a stir in my loins. If that was any of the other three I'd have been laughing.

Buff though.

Watched the first two over the weekend, really liked bits of it - highlight for me was Bob stretching Vic's plums. I lost my shit at that point.

I dislike Bosh and Erik, but I love Beef.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't seem to "get", or rather be in the right frame of mind for ep 1, despite having seen a lot of V&B. Then I saw ep 2, and it just clicked. :lol: To the extent that I went back to ep 1 and enjoyed it a lot more. Fantastic stuff.