IGNORED

Black Sails (aka Assassin's Creed 4 the TV Series)

Chadruharazzeb

I've just watched Season 1 Episode 5. I keep the volume down and the subs on so not to waken the weans. Whoever did the subs is a particularly lazy shite. The amount of times it's came up (Inaudible) during a sentence when even at low volume I can hear what's being said is ridiculous.

One show I started off reasonably indifferent about but loved more with each passing episode. I loved it come the end and it’s one of the best things I’ve watched on Prime. Some of the locations are stunning.

Does it pick up noticeably? I tried to watch this as part of my coronarecuperation, but after a couple or three episodes I couldn't really be bothered. Too many better series vying for my attention at the moment, I don't have all day to binge (now that I'm better again, anyway).

Series one is a bit slow. You basically spend most of the time going "you're pirates, get out to sea!" but it builds this intricate world, this underlying tension, that's necessary for and critical to the following seasons. It's a show you can't judge on the first season alone, which I know is madness to say and if you're not feeling it in any way you should totally give up, but I reckon if you stick with it, it'll stick its cutlass into you. Phenomenal series, all told. Bloody loved it.

ok, cheers, I might just. I think I was also struggling a bit with how lightweight and clean everything is,  but obviously it's not exactly meant to be gritty realism. I just binged five series' of Vikings so it's not like I can't deal with hot warrior babes with immaculate makeup, and so on.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, pledge said:

Looks like I left this on my watchlist too long. No longer included on Prime in UK

Yep, we'd literally started watching season 1 when it began giving a warning it would be leaving Prime in x days.  But you can instead watch it on Starz via the same app and it's only £1.99 a month for the first 3 months.  We've managed to get through all 4 seasons in a matter of weeks - it's well worth it and absolutely superb.