rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

Formula One - 2014 Season

Can't lie Red Bull in trouble makes me a bit happy.

Quoted for truth.

BTW, check out the F1 league thread. Informal races in a game from the past. Hope you can make some. :)

RaceCar Engineering's car tech overview based on what is known so far (scroll down a little bit to the second section and click on the images of the cars).

I for one am not even a little bit suspicious that the "Renault" packaging issues affect Red Bull and entirely separate team Toro Rosso but not Caterham.

According to Renault, the installation in the Caterham is different to the Red Bull and Toro Rosso :coffee:

I got the impression from the Renault tech guy Ted interviewed on Sky yesterday, that the problem was with the battery bit and how it works with the H and K energy recovery units.

"Adrian has gone back to the drawing board because there's nothing more they can do at the track. I think he is pretty happy working in his office back at Milton Keynes and he'll definitely be getting involved in trying to sort this out for as soon as possible," confirmed Ricciardo.

:omg:

They really are in the shit!

• Upvote 1

I see Bernie has been at it again the crazy old fucker.

BBC Sport’s chief F1 writer Andrew Benson:

"F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has been a vocal opponent of the new Formula 1 for years, and he continues to rail against it now. Talking to UK newspapers, he has condemned the problems being suffered by the teams in Jerez, saying: "Look at the last few days. I said it was going to be like this — a total farce. They insisted on these new engines. They talk about saving fuel. They don't need these new engines to achieve that. They should get smaller motorhomes, then they wouldn't need so many trucks going all round Europe. The whole thing with the new engines is totally absurd. People want noise — something special, that is what F1 is all about. Now we have quiet engines and nobody on the track.' Ecclestone then admitted: 'The season could be really unpredictable and that is the exciting thing.'"

I thought Bernie used to say the engine noise isn't important, not that I'd be surprised at him doing a 180 when it suits him.

So far today :

1. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) 1m35.334s, 64 laps
2. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 1m36.951s, 91 laps
3. Kevin Magnussen (McLaren-Mercedes) 1m38.391s, 49 laps
4. Felipe Massa (Williams-Mercedes) 1m39.256s, 34 laps
5. Daniel Juncadella (Force India-Mercedes) 1m41.132s, 32 laps
6. Kamui Kobayashi (Caterham-Renault) 1m43.193s, 45 laps
7. Daniil Kvyat (Toro Rosso-Renault) 1m44.016s, 8 laps
8. Adrian Sutil (Sauber-Ferrari) 1m44.234s, 43 laps
9. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull-Renault) 1m45.374s, 7 laps
10. Jules Bianchi (Marussia-Ferrari) 1m45.192s, 5 laps

Its not looking good for the Renault boys is it :)

Same here. Although I am hoping that the lack of running might not bode well for their full race reliability, especially if they're right on the limits with the ERS packaging stuff.

And as Webber's kers never worked for more than one race in ten they don't exactly have an impressive track record with that sort of tech (assuming they weren't deliberately slowing him down ;)).

Newey WILL sort out the car. The big question is can Renault sort out the engine before the homologation deadline.

All that time he is repackaging the car is time he isn't looking at performance development. :eyebrows:

RB have bigger problems that they are letting on. :sherlock: