rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jonny5

Formula One - 2014 Season

So I just found out that Gary Anderson has left the BBC and they are not going to bother replacing him....

Nice one you bunch of jokers, push out (reading around it seems he was pushed rather than jumped, not pretty enough for TV) somebody who really knows his shit just before a season with massive technical changes starts.

• Upvote 3

So I just found out that Gary Anderson has left the BBC and they are not going to bother replacing him....

Nice one you bunch of jokers, push out (reading around it seems he was pushed rather than jumped, not pretty enough for TV) somebody who really knows his shit just before a season with massive technical changes starts.

I noticed some comments by him in the autosport live updates page yesterday and thought it was strange. That explains it.

Perhaps they've done "satisfaction" surveys and the more casual viewer shouted loudest? My brother gets annoyed about "the amount of time they dedicate to the really boring man speculating about boring technical stuff", and presumably isn't alone in a crowd who just want to see the loud cars going fast and don't care why.

Its the same on sky, Ted who is the only one who knows where the engine is on an F1 car is given ten minuets. Whilst the fuck face presenter gets to gurn at christian horner for hour after hour. It makes you weep, it really does :(

Could that Caterham be pushing the regs? It's almost like it has a high nose with a bracket holding the wing on than actually having a low nose.

At this point with the cars being revealed, have they already been through FIA inspections or whatever to make sure they comply? Although cars have later been found in breach in past years.

Could that Caterham be pushing the regs? It's almost like it has a high nose with a bracket holding the wing on than actually having a low nose.

At this point with the cars being revealed, have they already been through FIA inspections or whatever to make sure they comply? Although cars have later been found in breach in past years.

It's legal because the "High Nose" isn't structural and is in fact just a vanity part sitting on top of the actual stuctural nose.

Mclaren have incredibly clever rear suspension that i think will have their legality questioned by the other teams...

I think the point of it is to create more rear downforce by changing the pressure near the diffuser at low speed & then actually reducing drag at high speed. This also isn't something that the other teams can copy easily at all so expect the waaambulances to start flying even though the FIA has deemed it legal.

dms1429a310.jpg

More info on it here...

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2014/0/1139.html

This also isn't something that the other teams can copy easily at all so expect the waaambulances to start flying even though the FIA has deemed it legal.

Surely that depends if the McLaren is fast or not?

bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/25949765

Some footage of the cars in motion there. They acrually look a lot better out on track than in the still photos.

Surely that depends if the McLaren is fast or not?

they would question it anyway i'm sure as it would negatively effect Mclaren which is good for you if you are a rival team fast or not.

Red Bull, having done 11 laps in total over the first two days, have just had their car come to a smoking halt out on track after 3 minutes of track time today.

Redbull Extreme Sandbagging 2014

Yeah. Obviously not faking the mechanical issues, but they always look destined for middle of the pack obscurity until Q3 in Australia.

I for one am not even a little bit suspicious that the "Renault" packaging issues affect Red Bull and entirely separate team Toro Rosso but not Caterham.

• Upvote 1