Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)

Dimahoo

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Good turn out tonight, more always welcome. You missed @Junker re-enactment of everyones favourite trucker film 'Duel' I had no chance.

What you all play it on? I've got the game on Xbox but could be tempted to pick up on steam deck if you play on PC.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Fused gamer said:

Gotta say that I'm loving the Wednesday Night Wrecking Club racing!

It's starting to get quite nasty on that last outer loop race 😆

Shame you can't setup a playlist of tracks as would make it much easier!

Crash on everybody!

“Little piii-iiig..”

Yeah I think now people are getting to know each other we’re a lot more comfortable being mean to each other. 
 I’ve bought both season passes now as they’ve been on sale so I’m looking forward to trying out some new vehicles next week

3 hours ago, Junker said:

“Little piii-iiig..”

Yeah I think now people are getting to know each other we’re a lot more comfortable being mean to each other. 
 I’ve bought both season passes now as they’ve been on sale so I’m looking forward to trying out some new vehicles next week

Good heads up, I'll get the other I think, some decent add ons in that lot.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing this on my Android phone (S22U) and have to say it's a bloody fantastic port. It's basically Wreckfest, same as the big versions. Looks sweet too, 60fps etc. 

Really impressive for a mobile game, need to see if there's anyway I can import my PC save, probably not but you never know, happy to play through it again, mind.

One of the best mobile ports I've ever seen, if not the best.

10 hours ago, amc said:

Been playing this on my Android phone (S22U) and have to say it's a bloody fantastic port. It's basically Wreckfest, same as the big versions. Looks sweet too, 60fps etc. 

Really impressive for a mobile game, need to see if there's anyway I can import my PC save, probably not but you never know, happy to play through it again, mind.

One of the best mobile ports I've ever seen, if not the best.

Wait. What!? It’s out on mobile!? 

This is amazing news.

• 3 weeks later...

Put a couple of hours into this today with the Deck version and I'm amazed at how well it plays/runs.

Keep pushing up the settings so got most things on high now and it still is keeping a really impressive frame rate going, not sure whether to choose the 32bit or 64bit version on launch (both work fine and look the same to me).

Only downsides are deck rumble is weak, and it canes the battery (but doesn't get the fan blown super hard/noisy).

Can be picked up for about £6 on Steam via code stores like Eneba and worth every penny

The devs have done a superb job supporting and expanding this since launch, with the dlc all being cars/cosmetics, the track expansions are all included in the base game.

Having rinsed single player back on PS4 and dabbled again on X series (only briefly) I'm really enjoying all the challenges they've added, current assortment are all set in snowy version of the tracks so looks and feels like a whole new game to me. They've also maintained the old Flat-out humour with one mode having you in a tiny cart firing huge snowballs at big cars to wreck them and score points.

The daily stuff isn't pointless either as unlocks fame points that seem to let you access all manner of vehicles (not sure if these otherwise locked or just paint jobs etc but looks cool)

It's coming up on 5y now since original launch and the package is now quite superb.