Jump to content

Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)


Dimahoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been playing this single player a bit, picked it up a few weeks ago. It is great fun! Agree with whoever said it in the thread that it's a rare gem in that it has the feel of a game you don't really expect to be made anymore.

 

The not giving the win to the last car standing thing is annoying in single player too though! I've been playing on realistic damage vs the AI in career mode and a fair few of the races devolve into just trying to survive. And with some of the later ones being 12 laps, I've been in the same situation where it's several laps of driving round on your own in a car that barely steers just trying not to wreck it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/06/2021 at 11:25, p1nseeker said:

Have they enabled the movement of my PS4 progression to PS5 yet?

I popped into this thread to ask the same thing. Booted it up on PS5 yesterday expecting it to be sorted. Shame, as the game itself is ace

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

Looks like the PS4 to PS5 save issue is fixed in latest update.

 

I saw briefly they mentioned how you transfer a save from one machine to the other but didn't see a mention of how you migrate a save file from the 'old' version you played on the PS5 to the 'new' version which seemed to be a different app

 

Did they cover that ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

 

I saw briefly they mentioned how you transfer a save from one machine to the other but didn't see a mention of how you migrate a save file from the 'old' version you played on the PS5 to the 'new' version which seemed to be a different app

 

Did they cover that ?

 

You get. A prompt when starting the ps5 version that asks if you want to import the ps4 save. There is also an option to manually import it in the settings menu. 

 

It's worth noting that you will lose all your tourney points when you migrate. I didn't lose any cars though, but you do need to redownload the ps5 version of any season passes, which is a bit odd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Polmon said:

You get. A prompt when starting the ps5 version that asks if you want to import the ps4 save. There is also an option to manually import it in the settings menu. 

 

It's worth noting that you will lose all your tourney points when you migrate. I didn't lose any cars though, but you do need to redownload the ps5 version of any season passes, which is a bit odd. 

See, i kept the points but lost the cars.

(I grabbed my PS5 save from the cloud again anway so i got them back).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s working now. 
 

however I’ve a little confused; I have this installed via Gamepass. I can go to the Microsoft store and it overs me the series version for £8.39 for it. Now if I go to the “in this bundle” section, it tells me it includes a bonus car and the series version which is 10% off with gamepass.  If I click that it lets me install with gamepass for free. It’s installing now, does this mean the update is free for gamepass? I’d read it wasn’t previously? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 04/07/2021 at 07:47, dvdx2 said:

Anyone know how to actually buy the ‘upgrade for series x’ - it prompts me to press y to do so, but takes me to an empty screen and I can’t find it in store?!

Did you get it after? I'm having a quick blast on this again and noticed the message at the bottom. To be honest though, it looks really nice running on the XSX anyway, so wondered what 10 bucks could improve. Not that I mind paying.

 

Quite tempted by the car pack which has that giant Beetle monster truck type thing, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing the Playstation 5 version of this from PS+, it's a fine game that I enjoy a lot EXCEPT for the UI. It's so unintuitive and lacks so many obvious shortcuts or information about the race you are about to do/have done that I can't believe it passed QA. Half the time unless you're constantly pausing you never know if you've achieved the challenge for any given race or not as there is no post race indication, and if you somehow forget and progress to the next race having missed it you will need to redo the entire championship to get back to where you were. Infuriating!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Haribokart said:

I've been playing the Playstation 5 version of this from PS+, it's a fine game that I enjoy a lot EXCEPT for the UI. It's so unintuitive and lacks so many obvious shortcuts or information about the race you are about to do/have done that I can't believe it passed QA. Half the time unless you're constantly pausing you never know if you've achieved the challenge for any given race or not as there is no post race indication, and if you somehow forget and progress to the next race having missed it you will need to redo the entire championship to get back to where you were. Infuriating!


I think the challenges are the worst part of the game, all a bit pointless, I just tend to ignore them now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm starting to, especially as you have to do over with points to have another go at the stars. If it let you replay without doing that it would surely hand more replay value.

 

But yeah, having to pause the game to see the challenge progress is daft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/09/2021 at 14:55, TehStu said:

Did you get it after? I'm having a quick blast on this again and noticed the message at the bottom. To be honest though, it looks really nice running on the XSX anyway, so wondered what 10 bucks could improve. Not that I mind paying.

 

Quite tempted by the car pack which has that giant Beetle monster truck type thing, too.

It wasn’t great when the patch was first released but, it looks and plays fantastically now. Still has some bugs like floating debris and it’s really annoys me that when you drive over scattered tyres, you might as well be driving over cardboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went for it, you're not wrong, it's a nice step up! Thanks.

 

Now I've just discovered the tournament mode. Can't believe it, thought it was a multiplayer thing but it's just great challenges that give the game unlimited lifespan. Check it out if you haven't already!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

NECROBUMP

 

This is out on Switch, I'm reviewing it for MHG and I'm impressed. Solid in the main at 30fps and at very much reduced fidelity but it doesn't chug as much as I thought it would. Damage modelling seems to be entirely intact. Need to give handheld some time because I've only played docked. I'm surprised no one has taken the plunge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you get the upgrade version do you end up lobbied with only other upgrades (as they have bigger lobbies I think?). Wasn’t sure if it’s worth it since lobbies are pretty full on the base game pass version. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.