Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)

Dimahoo

45 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I believe most people here who play this on Xbox do so via gamepass, if they launch the £10 dlc for the upgrade you'll then be dependent on the game remaining on gamepass to be able to play the upgraded version (if my understanding of how gamepass works is correct).

I bought it on PS5 but prefer the Xbox version, not sure now which one to upgrade.

Yeah it's frequently on sale though. Putting your pad concerns aside it'd make more sense to get the ps5 upgrade as you own that version if you don't want to double dip.

I'm happy enough with the version on game pass. I'd happily buy a proper sequel, but by the time fancy pants v1.5 is out I think most of us will be over it. 

It'll split the number of online players too. Unless it's cross gen play, but since they've bumped the number of players up I doubt it. 

• 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Parappa said:

On PS Plus this month! 

PS5 only, though.  Still a result for those of us lucky enough to be able to snag a console.

Loved this when I played it on PS4 when it came out, but none of my mates were playing it and the load times were awful.  Fingers crossed for the PS5 version.

3 hours ago, catinthehat said:

PS5 only, though.  Still a result for those of us lucky enough to be able to snag a console.

Loved this when I played it on PS4 when it came out, but none of my mates were playing it and the load times were awful.  Fingers crossed for the PS5 version.

Load times are fine for the PS4 version on PS5, I expect this one to be even faster. I hope there’s some element of cross play with this new version otherwise there will be a very fragmented player base. 

These tweets make it very clear that the PS5 PSN version for 'free' will be the updated game including the paid extra update.

I hope that the save files are seamless as got it on the PS5 already downloaded from the store when it launched, so hopefully that save is picked up.

Hmmm. Just downloaded the PS5 version and it looks like it’s a separate game to PS4 version which I already have installed on my PS5. 
it hasn’t picked up my existing game save. A quick Google and I think this is how it is.

In better news the loading times seem decent, graphics a fair bit nicer and haptic trigger for the brake feels interesting. 

13 minutes ago, Junker said:

Hmmm. Just downloaded the PS5 version and it looks like it’s a separate game to PS4 version which I already have installed on my PS5. 
it hasn’t picked up my existing game save. A quick Google and I think this is how it is.

I was worried the saves wouldn't carry over

15 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I was worried the saves wouldn't carry over

Shame, but I’ve spent 30 mins on the PS5 version and it’s a significant upgrade - feels REALLY good to drive. As I said previously load times are good and menus nice and snappy. I think I’ll enjoy playing through it again.

Oh bollocks I've played through the entire career mode twice already - once on PS4 and once on Series X. No way I'm doing it again!

Are the Dualsense haptics used in the update?

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Oh bollocks I've played through the entire career mode twice already - once on PS4 and once on Series X. No way I'm doing it again!

Are the Dualsense haptics used in the update?

Yes they are, only had 30 mins with it so far but I noticed the brake trigger has a feeling of resistance to it which is quite interesting. 

2 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

Was this rushed out or something? Seems one hell of an oversight

It’s just a massive pain in the arse to have separate title IDs share save data thanks to the absolutely archaic way Sony have things set up. 

I’d guess they’re hoping to have it done by the time the PS5 version is available for everyone else to buy next month.

The lag online is incredible on ps5. Still as no one's really played it, i'm pissing through and winning quite easily.

My dlc cars are there, but I only recently played single player and can't be arsed doing it all again so early.

The £10 upgrade is going to be a hard sell on Xbox. I genuinely can’t tell the difference from the new PS5 version and the patched series x version, with the exception of auto-hdr and light haptics that the Xbox won’t  support anyway. Fancier grass?

(clearly if you’ve not played it at 60fps that’s the main improvement, and transformative)

13 minutes ago, Stanley said:

The Xbox version received an update today, around 4gb, is that this new version?

It’s not an update, it’s a ps5 specific version, I expect they will release an Xbox series paid version in the future that again won’t be an update.

It’s fun online but the internet is kinda horrible. I ended up in a room where a guy would say “‘do you want to play minecraft with me” over and over and over again. He was clearly taking the piss and trying to be funny but it just took me straight back to Xbox live in 2004 when Halo 2 got released.

48 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

I see the two season passes are currently on sale on Xbox - are they worth it? I assume it’s mainly extra cars.

Yeah. If your gonna be spending aot of time playing online. 

Just now, Harrisown said:

It’s fun online but the internet is kinda horrible. I ended up in a room where a guy would say “‘do you want to play minecraft with me” over and over and over again. He was clearly taking the piss and trying to be funny but it just took me straight back to Xbox live in 2004 when Halo 2 got released.

Hit that big mute button. Found the same today. 

2 hours ago, Harrisown said:

Do you?