Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)

I'm hosting an online racing night in Wreckfest this Friday from 8PM UK time :)

We've got around six regulars from the weekly online GT Sport racing already. By all means join in the banger racing fun!

6 hours ago, McSpeed said:

I'm hosting an online racing night in Wreckfest this Friday from 8PM UK time :)

We've got around six regulars from the weekly online GT Sport racing already. By all means join in the banger racing fun!

count me in - I should be about if I am not with my usual crew on it.  Fantastic fun and really is the more the merrier.  Shame it doesn't support full 24 players on console like the PC version.

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

count me in - I should be about if I am not with my usual crew on it.  Fantastic fun and really is the more the merrier.  Shame it doesn't support full 24 players on console like the PC version.

Ooh, usual crew? How many people? Could be great to merge groups for the racing :)

Is this still fun single-player? I know this sort of thing is probably more fun in multiplayer, and isn't going to be as demanding as Forza or GT Sport, but I've embarrassed myself online racing too many times to fall for that again. Still want to play this as I loved Flatout 2/UC. 

Yeah single player is fantastic and that provided you with the cars required for multiplayer (although you can load crap ones to get you going).  They have also just added daily, weekly and monthly single player challenges in the latest update.

38 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Yeah thats a good idea - just a few mates from around the world but I will suggest that those still about 8pm merge with you guys?

37 minutes ago, Parappa said:

I have found using the Playstation Events groups pretty good at arranging things so maybe worth setting one of those up? 

I think setting up a party and getting everyone in there would be the best way to go. Tried Events with GT Sport a few times but always ending up confusing rather than helping people.

Very much looking forward to Friday night! :)

Have the console versions been fixed yet? The patch last week killed them (especially xbox). The game crashes out on the press start menu. Reddit / twitter full of posts about it and the devs have gone silent. Tried a couple of re-installs and it doesn't fix the issue.

29 minutes ago, marsh said:

PS4 version working as of Wednesday night, though I didn't venture fully online....

From what I've read online, it's just some PS4 users. With XB1 it seems to be loads more. You press start on the main menu and the game just locks up and crashes to dash.

2 hours ago, Pob said:

This still happening @McSpeed? I'll join if I can.

Absolutely! We're starting online Wreckfest racing with forumites and friends on PS4 tonight at 8PM UK time :)

2 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

Have the console versions been fixed yet? The patch last week killed them (especially xbox). The game crashes out on the press start menu. Reddit / twitter full of posts about it and the devs have gone silent. Tried a couple of re-installs and it doesn't fix the issue.

There was a fairly big update (2.2 GB) just now, so perhaps that fixed whatever may have been going wrong on PS4.

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

Absolutely! We're starting online Wreckfest racing with forumites and friends on PS4 tonight at 8PM UK time :)

There was a fairly big update (2.2 GB) just now, so perhaps that fixed whatever may have been going wrong on PS4.

Fingers crossed. I'll try a reinstall of the Xbox version. 

Aye, thanks to @McSpeed for the hosting duties. I'm not sure what the protocol is if you venture online, I suspect it's absolute mayhem? with less apologies? What I did enjoy was the 15 lap smashathon which culminated in missing a player at the crossover on one lap and then collecting them at the same point a lap later! Really quite impressive.

It's also worth noting that while we kick about with some really very good GT Sport players, there are also those out there that are really very good at wreckfest. I need to start spending my way through my campaign money by the looks of it.....

For online with randoms I find you just have to take it as it comes - its great fun and thats enough for me.  Also you don't get a huge amount of XP or cash from online races.

I would suggest completing the campaign with damage set to realistic (for most events) and change difficulty as you see fit as that affects XP and cash rewards but it will help to know the circuits and the cars.  Also tuning and modding to your advantage is key.

18 hours ago, Mr Tony said:

From what I've read online, it's just some PS4 users. With XB1 it seems to be loads more. You press start on the main menu and the game just locks up and crashes to dash.

If I remember that was an issue at launch as well. I believe in some cases removing the chatpad (if you use one) fixed the problem. It worked for me at the time.

• 2 months later...

I really like the game, but I really wish they would try and improve frame rate performance on the PS4 pro abit. Maybe a quality / performance option?

51 minutes ago, dvdx2 said:

I really like the game, but I really wish they would try and improve frame rate performance on the PS4 pro abit. Maybe a quality / performance option?

;)

• 1 month later...

So i bought this about 4 years ago on Steam, when it was 'Next Car Game' - as i really enjoyed the FlatOut games... but it was more of a tech demo at the time.

Didn't really play it properly until last month - & just started on the multiplayer last week - it's amazing. Genuinely some of the funniest gaming moments I've ever had.

Some servers where people try to race properly with a few set rules... then there are some servers which are absolute carnage, pure chaos.

Magical game. 10/10 from me.

A taste for anyone wondering: