rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Flub

Psych - US Comedy cop show about a fake Psychic

I started watching this one a little while ago. I'm currently up to season 4. It's basically The Mentalist done by Comedy Central. Shaun has a talent. He notices detail and can put things together really quickly. He starts solving crimes in his spare time for the police but they eventually think he must be committing them because he's so good at it and so he convinces them he's a psychic. Shaun and his friend Gus start a psychic detective agency and every week solve a new case and quote 80s movies. Each episode starts with young Shaun learning a lesson from his dad that somehow links into the main plot.

It's stupid but I find it very, very funny.

Short trailers for season 8

I've also been trying to find somewhere I can buy the theme music. It's called I Know You Know by The Friendly Indians. If anyone can help there I'd be most grateful.

• Upvote 1

I think you'll find that The Mentalist is like Psych done by boring people, not the other way around ;)

But yeah, loved the first couple of seasons of Psych, then forgot about it between seasons. I do keep meaning to look it up again (and introduce the Mentalist-liking girlfriend to it).

For those still watching this week was the finale in the US.

I though it was really well done, and hit the emotional notes pretty gosh darn hard.

Love the Monk reference at the end

It's basically The Mentalist done by Comedy Central.

You didn't just go there!

Haven't watched the final season yet but I'm looking forward to it.

No worries, I remember absolutely loving this, not sure why there wasn't more.

Where did you watch it as I think it deserves a rewatch?

Edit - in fact I don't even remember there being so many seasons, maybe I missed a load.

6 hours ago, Cool Ben said:

No worries, I remember absolutely loving this, not sure why there wasn't more.

Where did you watch it as I think it deserves a rewatch?

Edit - in fact I don't even remember there being so many seasons, maybe I missed a load.

I discovered it on Amazon Prime.
About 8 episodes in now, I love how quirky it is and the interplay between the two leads is brilliant. I'm a bit disappointed that the female detective from the pilot isn't in it, and I'm hoping there's a running gag where the interim chief is constantly pregnant. Will wait and see.

19 hours ago, Gotters said:

never heard of this, just checked and seems to included with Amazon Prime, at least the earlier seasons, not checked how many

Thought I would check this show out. 8 seasons are available on Amazon Prime, which is all of them?

On 21/08/2019 at 22:25, strider said:

Sorry about the giant bump but I’ve just discovered this and it’s hilarious.

Yeah, me and the missus are working our way through it. 

It's sad that it's not really that well known over here.

Episode 5, Season 5 "Shawn and Gus in Drag (Racing)", is one of the many, many highlights.