IGNORED

Christmas Day Gaming

mdn2

In this part of Spain, we celebrate the 26th as well, which means a 3 days eating marathon that makes you wish for that Tofurkey from the Christmas depression thread, but also means almost no gaming until the 27th.

With that in mind, I've come to specially enjoy the Christmas Eve afternoon. Highlights from past years include Devil May Cry, Vanquish and Doom II

In this part of Spain, we celebrate the 26th as well, which means a 3 days eating marathon that makes you wish for that Tofurkey from the Christmas depression thread, but also means almost no gaming until the 27th.

With that in mind, I've come to specially enjoy the Christmas Eve afternoon. Highlights from past years include Devil May Cry, Vanquish and Doom II

It's the same over here in Holland ... it more or less starts tonight, then tomorrow will be the Big One and the 26th will be the other Big One with the other half of the family. Then usually you have leftovers for one or two days afterwards too, before ramping up to New Year's eve.

Sometimes it feels more like a war of attrition than celebrating.

It's sad to see so many people looking forward to How the Saints Save Christmas, I played it about a week ago and it is one of the worst pieces of DLC I've ever played. :(

And Saints Row IV is one of my favourite games this year.

Begs the question: How long did you play it for? ;)

I've just spent the requisite two hours dipping in, so to speak, and only picked up 4/10 achievements! Yes, it's only three missions long - or short and sweet - but it's the DLC that keeps on giving... those three missions are replayable from the ship's hub. A good thing too, because I'm actually replaying the whole of SRIV (on account of my Aussie version being the only one with both DLC packs accessible from the AU marketplace).

Since I'm only Level 27 at the minute, I've had to hold off on one of the Enter The Dominatrix achievements as well (Rigging the Race), on account of not having a fully-pimped Disintegrator or Thump Gun on my person. If anyone's gone after this cheevo, you'll no doubt be aware it's teeth-gratingly tough... even on Casual difficulty.

Nevertheless, How the Saints Save Christmas landed bang on target for me... Aussie is 10 hours ahead of the UK, so my save file has been duly treated to a Christmas present as well! And the

Jingle Bell Rock sing-a-long at the end

is worth the price of admission alone!

Happy Christmas! :)

Me and the Missus are currently getting annihilated on Snowballs (heavy on the advocaat and mixing nicely in my tummy with Tylenol extra stregth Cold & Flu) while playing Mario 3D World. It feels alot like heaven, but more mellow.

S'great when your kids are 'all grown up' and do their own thing.

Well I was supposed to be played on my rllmuk bought PS3 with lots of games I bought seperately on the spanking new monitor that I bought from Amazon.

PS3 arrived, everything else didn't. Why? Yodel, that's why.

So I'm just doing what I do every day, browse the web. I'll be gaming on Friday hopefully (wouldn't count on it though - Yodel.)

Just had a bit of passive mode GTA Online for me. Really nice as it's snowing so I made my Ruiner red and white and got togged up in the Santa suit and T-Shirt to mark the season. Will be on later this evening as well, but will try and stay in passive mode for the duration.

So my brother and I are trying to unlock Christmas NiGHTS on the HD version. Was NiGHTS secretly always shit or is this HD version just broken? The controls don't feel any where near as fluid as I remember them being. Someone tell me it was always shit so I don't get annoyed and set up the Saturn.

A number of people have a few issues with the controls; it seems that it ditches the "true" analogue movement of the original and instead moves NiGHTS along fixed compass points or something. The original game is in there though, so that might be better...