deKay

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition

41 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Oh, thank fuck for that. The item grinding was the only part I didn’t like and a completely baffling design decision. I may actually get somewhere now they have added the shop. 

Preordered. 

Now you just have to grind for rupees to buy items instead. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

Oh, thank fuck for that. The item grinding was the only part I didn’t like and a completely baffling design decision. I may actually get somewhere now they have added the shop. 

Preordered. 

this is what stopped me really getting into Adventure Mode... time for a triple dip.

sake.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, scottcr said:

this is what stopped me really getting into Adventure Mode... time for a triple dip.

sake.

I never found myself short of items :huh:

32 minutes ago, scottcr said:

aye - but you put 30000000 hours into the game.

I was playing it properly, yes.

• Upvote 2

Still hoping for some genuinely new stuff in this, a few extra characters or some extra maps or something, just to give me the excuse to buy it all over again really.

10 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Still hoping for some genuinely new stuff in this, a few extra characters or some extra maps or something, just to give me the excuse to buy it all over again really.

There are BOTW costumes for Link and Zelda. And the shop already mentioned.

Did you get the 3DS version? If not, there were maps in that which didn't make it to the Wii U but are in this.

Yeah I got the 3DS version plus its season pass, I thought it was superb. I was hoping for a little bit more in this one, but it seems to be basically the content of the 3DS game with the graphics of the Wii U version. Which is great and all, but still. A couple of costumes don’t really warrant another purchase. 

22 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yeah I got the 3DS version plus its season pass, I thought it was superb. I was hoping for a little bit more in this one, but it seems to be basically the content of the 3DS game with the graphics of the Wii U version. Which is great and all, but still. A couple of costumes don’t really warrant another purchase. 

There's a pretty big system overhaul if that video on the previous page is to be believed. 

8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

There's a pretty big system overhaul if that video on the previous page is to be believed. 

No? It just shows the item shop. That's the only new thing, and that doesn't change the system.

5 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Trust me, I've seen at least like 2 videos on it. It's a big change. 

Well, I've never needed to grind for items so it won't be a change at all for me :)

49 minutes ago, deKay said:

Well, I've never needed to grind for items so it won't be a change at all for me :)

Of course you did. There's absolutely no way you had every item you needed when you needed it without having to revisit a map tile you'd already played.

7 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Of course you did. There's absolutely no way you had every item you needed when you needed it without having to revisit a map tile you'd already played.

I never revisited tiles to get items. I revisited to S rank them, or to level up characters, or to get the spider things, sure, but never to get items. Had most items coming out of my ears after that.

1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

How? I suppose, you *did* play it for 3,000,000 hours as @scottcr said above. :lol: 

Pretty much :)

Grinding characters to level 100+ takes time!

• Upvote 1

Surely they'll add BoTW's Champions to the playable character roster. Right? And Hestu. And Beedle. And Kass. And Kohga. And Purah. And Bolson. And Kilton. And a Lynel... 

• Upvote 1

Latest trailer, looks fucking lush yo! That music is terrifying though. 

(there are rumblings of improved texture work and lighting system?)

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Nequests said:

Why do you have four copies, deKay? Genuine question.

I bought it digital for the Wii U and 3DS originally. But now I want it not-digital "to keep forever". I got the 3DS card from someone on here for that reason and also for my daughter to play it (she loves it as much as me - and on the Wii U about 75% of all the time I've spent on it has been in co-op with her) on her 2DS.

And now I have the Wii U version physically too.

I fully expect to get the Switch version in both formats as well.

57 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Latest trailer, looks fucking lush yo! That music is terrifying though. 

(there are rumblings of improved texture work and lighting system?)

Clucking bell.

I really hope they do a 2 player mode with two Switches. Because then I have an excuse to buy it twice and get a second Switch.

I realised I don't think I ever bought the DLC for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U), largely because I've got so much of the base game to get through. Given it's unlikely this stuff will be reduced, if not forgotten entirely, what's the best of it to get content wise?

Also is the only way to buy it now directly from the Wii U itself? I can't find any other avenue and the store page that does exist is pretty rubbish at explaining anything and is without prices. I can't check any of this myself because I lent my Wii U to someone last year, which reminds me I should ask for it back.

4 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

For a digital copy, you either have to buy on the Wii U itself, or redeem a code here: https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/

Game are selling download codes for £32: https://www.game.co.uk/en/hyrule-warriors-274180#download

I've got the game, it's just the DLC I'm interested in. What's the best value, and how much it is - I've an opportunity to get some eShop credit at a decent price is all, so I may as well do it now as I've never spotted any DLC price reductions in the interim.

Just asked the chap who's got my Wii U to return it and he's actually had it for about 6 months :lol:

I've got my Wii U back! As far as DLC goes then I'm on the shop, and it looks like the most interesting option is to get the Hero of Hyrule pack (includes the Master Quest, Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask packs, all of which include maps), and then maybe the Legends Character pack which has 5 new characters in it that don't sound a bit crap. Over a tenner for that latter pack though, are Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes, Skull Kid and Linkle really good fun or are they just "if you're enjoying the game levelling up this lot will extend it all a bit"?

To be honest I need to get back into it, I'd not played a huge amount when I got it but it seemed to be a lot more fun than I was ever expecting, amazing what a few familiar characters can do to a genre.