TehStu

No Man's Sky

Sorry you’re encountering so many of these, deKay! :-O

Is anyone else having performance issues on a standard PS4 since the latest update? Before I got pretty much zero framerate issues and really liked the look of the game. The new update supposedly involves a positive graphical overhaul, but the overall look is now (forgive my lack of technical knowledge here) much ‘drier’/rawer (even if there is a greater draw distance) and I get constant frame rate dips on most planets. 

I still love the game, of course. I would just prefer if it looked and played as had been doing graphics-wise. I may wait for another update before continuing...

I just picked this up in the PS Store for £12.99. I'll be interested to see how much it's changed since my last playthrough over a year ago.

I enjoyed the survival aspect at the start but felt it was a bit directionless once I left the planet.

Another update when I booted up the Xbox today. I feel like I've downloaded the game about twenty times over!

Anyway, this caught my eye in the new patch notes...

Fixed an issue that prevented deleted bases from being cleared out from the teleporter list. Any new deleted bases will be automatically removed. Existing entries may have to be visited to successfully be removed from the list.

Finally!

• Upvote 1

Found a massive ocean planet. Probably the nicest looking sea bed I've found so far as well. It's sometimes hard to believe it's all randomly generated.

• Upvote 4

DoyCSCSXgAEUI0t.jpg:orig

Loving the bikes.

The terrain tessalation (which came a bit later than Next on PS4) massively improves the look of some planet types.

• Upvote 7

OH!

Seems they HAVE fixed the scientist mission! The beacon, which was previously unavailable to build because the game skipped the missions where you got the blueprints for it, is now available to build!

FINALLY.

DpAaA3CXgAINfCN.thumb.jpg.c72dc1dbc11f3bc59403236771ce9ef0.jpg

• Upvote 4

I'm so behind with this! I love it so much, and yet I'm not even getting to scratch the surface of what you can do in the game now. I still haven't built a base, or got the exocraft bays, or upgraded my ship, or anything, at least since my Next save. And that's at about 30 hours!

I think I might start a Creative Mode save, as I just want to get to the relaxing bit where I'm just staring at nice rocks.

18 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Onward to the next bug!

Oh some of the others are still there. But at least I can project a bit further now :)

7 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

Onward to the next bug!

Sigh.

So a bit later on you have to build a bay for exocraft. I already have a bay for exocraft. The exocraft expert guy tells me to build one anyway. So I build a second one. Doesn't trigger the conditions. And a third. Doesn't trigger the conditions.

So the game is fucked again. Yay.

Ooh, got a retweet from Hello Games for this shot :)

Do79dT4XUAAx2oi.jpg:orig

I think there needs to be a way to get around freighter bases faster (turbolifts?). It's possible to build absolutely massive decks now and it's a bit tedious walking around to maintain a farm (or even just from the hangar bay to the bridge, really).

• Upvote 2

You know when you build a base and you build one of the workstations, Construction, Weapons etc. and the workstation and the guy stood next to it are floating above the floor? Are they going to fix that? It's the most mildly irritating thing ever.

7 minutes ago, Monkeyboy said:

You know when you build a base and you build one of the workstations, Construction, Weapons etc. and the workstation and the guy stood next to it are floating above the floor? Are they going to fix that? It's the most mildly irritating thing ever.

Right after they fix all my bugs.

4 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

Mine are all in the floor, about waist height. I thought perhaps it was due to my base floating above the ground on stilts.

On 09/10/2018 at 20:58, deKay said:

So a bit later on you have to build a bay for exocraft. I already have a bay for exocraft. The exocraft expert guy tells me to build one anyway. So I build a second one. Doesn't trigger the conditions. And a third. Doesn't trigger the conditions.

So the game is fucked again. Yay.

Good news! I fixed it. By deleting all my geobays, and building just one.

Bad news! Can't build a Mind Arc because I need Living Glass. The game says see the scientist for the blueprint. The scientist doesn't talk to me.

For fuck sake, Hello Games, how did you manage to fuck this up so much?!

On 10/10/2018 at 22:47, deKay said:

Good news! I fixed it. By deleting all my geobays, and building just one.

Bad news! Can't build a Mind Arc because I need Living Glass. The game says see the scientist for the blueprint. The scientist doesn't talk to me.

For fuck sake, Hello Games, how did you manage to fuck this up so much?!

That's where it broke entirely for me, no Living Glass recipe, no way of getting one.

Hang on, if you visit someone via a portal, you can’t warp or teleport from that system? So what is the fucking point of portalrepository.com giving (all incorrect anyway) portal locations “near the centre”?

I think there used to be (?) an exploit that let you continue from the other side of a portal.

But also, isn't there weirder stuff towards the centre of galaxies?