TehStu

No Man's Sky

On 09/08/2018 at 09:14, Flub said:

Farm plants now grow in real-world time (rather than game time), allowing farms to continue growing while you are away from the game. As a consequence, adjusted farming times + prices.

Uhmmm....? As far as I could tell this was happening anyway? Normally I'd pick all my plants before switching off and then when I returned to the game 12+ hours later, they'd all be ready again. Bit odd.

3 minutes ago, Danster said:

Uhmmm....? As far as I could tell this was happening anyway? Normally I'd pick all my plants before switching off and then when I returned to the game 12+ hours later, they'd all be ready again. Bit odd.

It was a bit weird I think. Most of the time like you they did but sometimes I'd load up my game and certain ones wouldn't have budged.

Just had the weirdest bug. When I logged out last night I had 6 stacks of Whispering Eggs in my Exo Suit. When I logged on this morning the eggs had been replaced with Oxygen. Mildly annoying as that was approx. 3 mill down the drain :(

On 09/08/2018 at 02:32, SpagMasterSwift said:

Still portal jumping using random glyph dialup codes to see what sort of planet I end up on

Get a load of Richard Dean Anderson, here.

• Upvote 3

Finally got to play this over the last couple of days. 

My oh my, it couldnt BE more different. I started again, made my first base yesterday, just a rudimentary little wooden house on a gorgeous red planet. 

Managed to jump to another couple of systems, took a portal back, cant find my base planet... :lol:

Thoroughly enjoying its slight hand holding this time around, last time it was like, huh? wut, you do what how?

Made a TOTAL boo boo too when i found 

Spoiler

a crashed freighter

I didnt realise that it had stuff I could loot! 

Hence I am back to try... 

Anyway, what a game :wub: 

I even got in a dogfight and won, as well as being chased by the sentinels a LOT. 

• Upvote 2

Just found out (after 65 hours of play) that warp drives 'stack', so putting several S-spec drives next to each other lets you warp ~2000ly, with each warp using only a few percent of fuel. I'm now stocking up for an epic push towards the galactic core.

Yeah, also peeps miss linking the same colour outlines of the upgrade modules to offer better effects, too. 
Ahem, I did. 

1 hour ago, Trumpets said:

Just found out (after 65 hours of play) that warp drives 'stack', so putting several S-spec drives next to each other lets you warp ~2000ly, with each warp using only a few percent of fuel. I'm now stocking up for an epic push towards the galactic core.

Wait, what? Doh.

Edit-thinking more about this, I just assumed you needed one of each type. So, what would be optimal for a trip to the center is by stripping a ship down to a flying gas can, loaded up entirely with S drives. I assume it wouldn't even need to be a fighter.

3 hours ago, noob said:

Finally got to play this over the last couple of days. 

My oh my, it couldnt BE more different. I started again, made my first base yesterday, just a rudimentary little wooden house on a gorgeous red planet. 

Managed to jump to another couple of systems, took a portal back, cant find my base planet... :lol:

Thoroughly enjoying its slight hand holding this time around, last time it was like, huh? wut, you do what how?

Made a TOTAL boo boo too when i found 

Reveal hidden contents

a crashed freighter

I didnt realise that it had stuff I could loot! 

Hence I am back to try... 

Anyway, what a game :wub: 

I even got in a dogfight and won, as well as being chased by the sentinels a LOT. 

I’ve yet to find anything of worth at any crashed freighter. It’s all containers of carbon or oxygen. Wow.

7 hours ago, TehStu said:

Wait, what? Doh.

Edit-thinking more about this, I just assumed you needed one of each type. So, what would be optimal for a trip to the center is by stripping a ship down to a flying gas can, loaded up entirely with S drives. I assume it wouldn't even need to be a fighter.

That's what I thought also, but I tried to fit a fourth S-drive shortly after I posted that and the game wouldn't let me, so three seems to be the maximum, letting me go 1300ly each jump.

Doing the maths on that, from where I am in the galaxy, if I completed full jump every minute it would take me TEN HOURS to get to the middle, and that's without having to stop now and then to refuel.

Fuck. That.

Since wormholes are currently bugged out in my game I'll have to look for another way to get there, portals maybe?

If you scroll back to shortly after launch in this thread, that's essentially what someone did. I didn't read their spoiler so I've no idea if it was worth it.

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

If you scroll back to shortly after launch in this thread, that's essentially what someone did. I didn't read their spoiler so I've no idea if it was worth it.

I did it. It took around 300 warps.

1 hour ago, Trumpets said:

Blimey, how long did that take?

About 40 hours I think. I played for about 125 in total at launch and the last 3rd or so of that was just warps.

1 hour ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

So... this is pretty good now then, is it?

Its not as good as it was at launch (IMO) but it’s still awesome.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

Its not as good as it was at launch (IMO) but it’s still awesome.

ef8.jpg

I figured this would be pretty cheap now but those damn crafty retailers have put it back up to full price. I'll bide my time.

I just don’t like most of the additions. I do like how it’s easier to make money and the (bugged to hell, sadly) new “tutorial” storyline, but the base building and extra crafting steps go against everything I loved about the original game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Worst thing about base building is always wanting to add more, I think creative mode would destroy me.

8C2085A8-1023-45FB-905C-3E5A7AF0E15B.thumb.jpeg.2a50e97345bf54e3d5e53445c6735623.jpeg

I tried to visit another players base using the portal directory - it didn’t work but discovered a lovely planet with the best alien ever!

2E849F72-3C92-4679-9D40-836D9F5EF20B.thumb.jpeg.c3ee07b68339e91c79718c8cca8e2dd2.jpeg

147FBAC6-5159-4DB4-A74D-BCE11C984E74.thumb.jpeg.2c7d5c498c4b6e522a105c5506a43d73.jpeg

905F0F7D-8B47-4B6C-B05D-10A7677816FF.thumb.jpeg.8e1b13caf11d53f34cb9b1942ce52f4b.jpeg

Whenever I tried to get near for a picture to show how crazy tall he is he’d Kick me for miles. So I thought I’d seen it all...

• Upvote 7

Has anyone tried moving a fairly big base?  I don't like the planet i'm on and I'm building on the side of a hill.  Its all because my base computer quest got broken, and in a panic, after I fixed it, I just set up shop!

I'm wondering if I just delete the base computer, whether it will just all stack to the recycler thing when I rebuild it.

Yeah, I think I will.  I can do a manual save so if it all goes wrong I can hopefully just reload it.  Got to find a planet that's not trying to kill me first!

From watching a few older youtubes some of the stuff doesn't recycle but that may all have changed now.  I will give it a shot tonight, hopefully, and report back.

• Upvote 2