rllmuk
TehStu

No Man's Sky - VR Mode Announced

Fancied playing something chill so on went No Mans Sky. I’d previously stopped playing after an unsuccessful mission left my grave far out of reach at the bottom of an ocean. I had planned to build the submarine and go retrieve my stuff, but instead I revisited my old base and did some portal jumps to check out new worlds. Was super chill!

AFDE9203-D03E-4A0D-9CAC-56692C4826D6.thumb.jpeg.d8e62da9f0f0f236267e78b1fb64f389.jpeg

E88A3440-5D34-4580-9DA7-CEB54978F26C.thumb.jpeg.502cc69a256e74f5286885b13754637b.jpeg

• Upvote 7

I'd like the new update to let you build or upgrade ships so you can have them however you want. You'd think it would be fairly simple to implement as they are clearly very modular already. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

If only the whole gaming community was this nice. I miss gaming being niche.

And supportive...how did we all sleep walk into Outrage Culture?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, merrychan said:

And supportive...how did we all sleep walk into Outrage Culture?

Hello Games have supported NMS really positively, and this is a nice little gesture in return for that. Had they been weapons-grade arseholes then they'd get it in the neck. Not sure what 'outrage culture' has to do with anything here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Hello Games have supported NMS really positively, and this is a nice little gesture in return for that. Had they been weapons-grade arseholes then they'd get it in the neck. Not sure what 'outrage culture' has to do with anything here.

It was in repsonse to Cool Ben's comment about missing games being niche, not to Hello Games in particular. The way folk negatively act regarding games these days is a bit of a shame.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, merrychan said:

It was in repsonse to Cool Ben's comment about missing games being niche, not to Hello Games in particular. The way folk negatively act regarding games these days is a bit of a shame.

Right enough. I'm not sure they do though. Nowadays is a step up from the last decade or two at least, with most people finding them a valid medium and form of expression.

You do still get tabloid outrages of course, but Murdoch and co have never reflected public opinion. Only sought to shape it to their own benefit.

• Upvote 1

You'll still get people going off on one about games though. I went off on a massive tirade about Witcher 3 at launch (not my finest hour in hindsight) due to a game-breaking bug that lost me tens of hours of progress. Cyberpunk next year should be good! ;)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Thor said:

You'll still get people going off on one about games though. I went off on a massive tirade about Witcher 3 at launch (not my finest hour in hindsight) due to a game-breaking bug that lost me tens of hours of progress. Cyberpunk next year should be good! ;)

Mate, game-breaking bugs that lose tens of hours of progress will always be fair game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GamesGamesGames said:

Hello Games have supported NMS really positively...

Which is a minor miracle given the amount of absolute bullshit they had to put up with from a huge number of “gamers” when the game was released. 

• Upvote 9

For the record, I always enjoyed this game. Even at launch. Got to the centre of the universe, put hours into it, had loads of adventures. Can't wait for the VR update. :)

• Upvote 6

Interesting interview with Sean Murray about the game. At the end of the article is states:

'Murray will be sharing more about Hello Games and No Man's Sky as the opening keynote of Develop:Brighton 2019. He will be discussing the story behind its original development and the transformative updates, as well as hinting at the future of both the game and studio.'

The conference in Brighton starts 9th July, hopefully he provides more information and possibly a date for the next update, as we'll be in 'summer' when he talks at the Develop Brighton event.