TehStu

No Man's Sky - VR Mode Announced

On 18/11/2018 at 13:12, fragglerock said:

You get a free freighter at some point, then you can summon it and it will jump to where you are.

Yeah I think that happened to me but then it never showed up afterwards.

Help me guys. I’m addicted to harvesting storm crystals. It can serve no useful purpose. It will just unlock more opportunities to harvest something else. But why can’t I stop?

I'm super late to the party on this , is it worth picking up now, seems like a metric fucktonne of updates have improved it to a considerable degree as it was getting hammered a while back?

2 hours ago, lolly said:

I'm super late to the party on this , is it worth picking up now, seems like a metric fucktonne of updates have improved it to a considerable degree as it was getting hammered a while back?

Oh definitely worth a go :)

i airways liked it anyway, but it is a much more complete game now than it was before.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lolly said:

It's a great game if you like something a bit more chilled out and relaxed. I've spent a long time just mining and generally collecting things to boost my credit. Plus it's only about £12 or something these days. I think it's fantastic for about 20 to 30 hours but then I found the lack of any real narrative structure or positive mission design told in the end. But there's nothing to suggest Hello Games might enhance this as they've supported the game really well since its controversial release.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lolly said:

If you like survival games, exploration at your own leisure, sci fi, dog fighting and a bit of a mystery I'd say you can't go wrong. This game has a bit of everything so it might be a bit of an acquired taste but overall I think it's a fantastic game with an insane amount of content. 

• Upvote 2

Very tempted to come back to this game having seen all the progress Hello have been making on it.

Quick question... I have a save on PS4 from my launch week antics (circe 40 hours worth) but now tend to use my Xbox One more often than not (and only have Gold at the moment for online). Given all the changes to the game, would going back to my old game give me any real benefit, or would getting it on Xbox and starting again from scratch be just as good?

I just got the horn....but

How the fuck are they going to keep the frame rate steady with those bases?

1 minute ago, Thor said:

I wonder if it will be a free update. I'll happily pay for this.

They said it was free after they showed the trailer.

When is the new patch due to drop? I want to get into this again.

It’s amazing how much this game has changed.

I kind of miss the. 8 bit sparseness of the first game but can’t wait to play what looks like No Mans Sky 2.

For those that are having their interest piqued by the recent announcement I’d highly recommend this game as it stands now after several years of massive and far-ranging patches and content updates. It’s a completely different and unrecognisable  game to the rather insipid one that it launched as and is well worth your time. 

I don’t have VR and have no real intention of getting it but if there’s one thing that could tempt me it would be this. God, landing on some of those planets when there’s a storm raging would be incredible. :blink:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I hope you don’t have to use move controllers.

i think it's been totally redone for PSVR with Moves apparently. I heard this on a PSVR YouTube stream. I'm sure there will be an DS4 option though.

Not played this since the Next update mangled my painstakingly constructed & utterly ridiculous base. Looks like I'll be digging it out again, along with the vom-goggles. :D

Oooh shit that looks good. Really good. Haven’t played it since bingeing at launch, but the idea of it in VR is very compelling. How much does VR rely on the extra grunt of a Pro though?