Jump to content

No Man's Sky - Expedition update out (co-op missions with other players)


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Did my first jump last night BUT I just bought antimatter off a man, didn't realise I needed a blueprint for it. So my only option is to, what, just keep buying this stuff indefinitely? From what I can gather I should have been given one and a procedurally generated NPC is now kicking his heels indefinitely on another star system waiting for me to return? Is there an easy way to find my way back? The galaxy map confused the bejesus out of me.

 

I did the exact same thing but once i had jumped again the tutorial kicked in for getting the antimatter, give that a go.

 

Seems the game in the early parts is trying to get you to do one thing each system if you are following the Atlus path.

 

In other news had my first dog fight and it was AWESOME! They pulled my beige cow ship out of high speed doing a space station run, 10 seconds out becomes 40 minutes so i had to fight. About a group of five surrounding me, took out a couple but shields down, dove into the menu and luckily could recharge the shields and took the others down. So damn cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

This unlocks 6pm tomo on steam. I finish at 5pm and have a long weekend to myself and it's pay day tomo. The stars have aligned, the price was putting me off but seems to be a sign from the videogame gods. Pulled the trigger.

I'm scared of a last minute delay..  Murray said earlier this week that they're still working on the PC version.. In fact I bet there are some tired heads at hello games crunching hard right now... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive just booted up and it's saying my visor is damaged and I need to repair it to upload discoveries. 

Mess working fine yesterday and when I check inventory it seems fine too.

 

Wondering if this is the reason all my planet discoveries are showing as 0% complete.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Wondering if this is the reason all my planet discoveries are showing as 0% complete.

I had to start again to get my discoveries to count, although I don't recall it ever saying my visor was broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Moz said:

I'm shelling out the full 40 for this tonight. Enough fence sitting. Not because I love the look of it (I do), not because the soundtrack is immense (it is), not because I want to support a small UK indie studio (goes without saying) but because I'm absolutely fucking disgusted by the reactions of some in the gaming community towards the multiplayer debacle. Because a little thing that was probably never going to happen happened by sheer fluke and it didn't work as intended. Never mind it was the first day of release (it's still not out on PC yet!) where most games fall over completely, never mind it was explicitly said multiple times by the developer that you shouldn't go looking for it or buy the game for that reason. Never mind that the game has tools to facilitate meeting each other that those involved didn't use for some unknown reason. Never mind that a team of under twenty people promised an entire universe and fucking delivered. The relentless character assassination of Sean, who turned himself inside-out to deliver a lifelong passion project unlike anything we've seen before, is just heartbreaking. I've never felt so divorced from swathes of the community before, and that's really saying something. Have my 40 quid mate. And a pat on the back.

Nicely said. It's a shame that certain parts of the game aren't working properly or aren't there but you know what? The game as a whole still works. It's fun. I've put more time into this game since Monday than almost every game that isn't Dark Souls or Witcher in the past few years. I've only seen the reaction on NeoGaf but its toxic and unjustified, I hope Sean doesn't get death threats like he did when he delayed the game by two months (seriously, what's wrong with people?!?!).

 

I just upgraded my warp drive, so basically fuck yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I had to start again to get my discoveries to count, although I don't recall it ever saying my visor was broken.

 

oh shit :(

 

Going to have a mess around with it in a bit and try and workout what's going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

Nicely said. It's a shame that certain parts of the game aren't working properly or aren't there but you know what? The game as a whole still works. It's fun. I've put more time into this game since Monday than almost every game that isn't Dark Souls or Witcher in the past few years. I've only seen the reaction on NeoGaf but its toxic and unjustified, I hope Sean doesn't get death threats like he did when he delayed the game by two months (seriously, what's wrong with people?!?!).

 

I just upgraded my warp drive, so basically fuck yeah.

Someone tweet Sean a link to this thread to cheer him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrCarrot said:

 

You don't need to. In those places there will be a thing that looks like the eye from the galactic trade terminal on an overgrown pedestal, that you can use.

 

Thanks, but that's not what I meant (I've already seen and used those). What I mean is, is there any way to kill those plant / tentacle things that are in some of them? They always unfurl and swipe away some of my health as I go past. The multi-tool can't be drawn to fire it, and I can't melee them either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't played the game yet, but what is the end goal of the game? Lots of people online are stating that it's to get to the centre of the Universe, but having watched the Giant Bomb quick look video it seems like you are just in a galaxy NOT the universe. All I'm seeing is stars and planet systems, not other galaxy's.
So are other galaxy's in this or are people confusing a galaxy with the universe?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, U-1 said:

Ive just booted up and it's saying my visor is damaged and I need to repair it to upload discoveries. 

Mess working fine yesterday and when I check inventory it seems fine too.

 

Wondering if this is the reason all my planet discoveries are showing as 0% complete.

 

Don't worry, I had that message a few sessions ago, but it was a glitch and everything worked fine i.e it functioned a scanner and to upload discoveries (as far as one knows).  I don't know about the % completion stuff since that all seems a bit wonky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clumpyjamie said:

I'm a bit confused. It's crashed a lot for me. I got an error message telling me I should update to the latest version. But it's already on 1.03. I'm not sure if I should delete my sabe and start again.

I think that's just a standard suggested fix whenever a crash occurs. Saw it myself yesterday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bulletzen said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't played the game yet, but what is the end goal of the game? Lots of people online are stating that it's to get to the centre of the Universe, but having watched the Giant Bomb quick look video it seems like you are just in a galaxy NOT the universe. All I'm seeing is stars and planet systems, not other galaxy's.
So are other galaxy's in this or are people confusing a galaxy with the universe?

 

I think it's one galaxy, at least the map is referred to as a galaxy map.  It doesn't bear close scrutiny as to whether it's a spiral or some other shape - it's just a mass of coloured blobs basically, and as a map it's damn difficult to navigate.

 

In a recent conversation I said I wanted to 

Spoiler

have short cuts available, i.e use black holes

but regardless I doubt I will ever get to the centre to find out I'm a robot, or whatever the payoff is.  Still, the journey is great fun so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played for an hour. First impressions are overall pretty darn positive to be honest. I did a lot of fiddling around in menus not knowing what to do, but am slowly figuring it out. My starting planet is cool, very pink and colourful. Two moons or closeby planets in the sky. Beautiful, really. And life! Small little lizard type things, one leaping worm type thing. And the best thing was these two legged creatures with buildings or a village or something that I was too afraid to approach. Absolutely amazing moment seeing them in the distance for the first time. I will try and pluck up the courage to go over to them soon.

 

Oh and I hiked a long way to a floating rock for no reason. Top stuff. Definitely hooked for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moz said:

I'm shelling out the full 40 for this tonight. Enough fence sitting. Not because I love the look of it (I do), not because the soundtrack is immense (it is), not because I want to support a small UK indie studio (goes without saying) but because I'm absolutely fucking disgusted by the reactions of some in the gaming community towards the multiplayer debacle. Because a little thing that was probably never going to happen happened by sheer fluke and it didn't work as intended. Never mind it was the first day of release (it's still not out on PC yet!) where most games fall over completely, never mind it was explicitly said multiple times by the developer that you shouldn't go looking for it or buy the game for that reason. Never mind that the game has tools to facilitate meeting each other that those involved didn't use for some unknown reason. Never mind that a team of under twenty people promised an entire universe and fucking delivered. The relentless character assassination of Sean, who turned himself inside-out to deliver a lifelong passion project unlike anything we've seen before, is just heartbreaking. I've never felt so divorced from swathes of the community before, and that's really saying something. Have my 40 quid mate. And a pat on the back.

It started with Mass Effect 3s ending. I didn't listen then and I'm not listening now. These people deserve no air time. I can garrante these people 'probably' don't even have the money to buy the game and even if they did they wouldn't buy it or play it. Its just kids....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bulletzen said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't played the game yet, but what is the end goal of the game? Lots of people online are stating that it's to get to the centre of the Universe, but having watched the Giant Bomb quick look video it seems like you are just in a galaxy NOT the universe. All I'm seeing is stars and planet systems, not other galaxy's.
So are other galaxy's in this or are people confusing a galaxy with the universe?

What makes matters worse is that the patch notes mention galactic structure, and that they can now be up to 10x bigger. I tweeted Murray to try and clarify but he didn't get back to me (probably swamped).

 

I'm working on the assumption that universe is used interchangeably with galaxy, but in game it's all galaxy (called Euclid, and I haven't heard of anyone whose galaxy is called something ended). I just need mentally abandon all the astrophysics I know.

 

Edit- unless these guys are science ninjas and @Cosmic_Guru's string theory thing is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

Anomaly. If you don't know what that is, don't read on.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Anomaly.jpg

 

What did you choose?

 

 

 

Second, got to see what is going to happen.

 

That moment when the anomaly is just there is pretty fucking special, art direction is so spot on in this game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone who can't find antimatter after swapping their ship before warping for the first time...

 

You can buy it from passing ship pilots in a space station, just keep trying, got mine on about the 16th ship I tried, for about 100,000u.   Lots of people on Reddit saying 'just restart', but there was no way I was going to after 16 hours of play.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, meatbin said:

For anyone who can't find antimatter after swapping their ship before warping for the first time...

 

You can buy it from passing ship pilots in a space station, just keep trying, got mine on about the 10th ship I tried.   Lots of people on Reddit saying 'just restart', but there was no way I was going to after 16 hours of play.

 

 

 

I spent hours trying every ship.   Nobody was selling it in my game.   Restarting was my only option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, koefoed said:

Probably played for 5h plus and still haven't got a single upgrade to my inventory. Have I been super unlucky or am I missing something. You get it from the different boxes you can find or?

 

You get inventory upgrades from 'drop pods' These are much bigger than the little cargo boxes you find lying around bases, and spawn as their own kind of waypoint on planets. I've found quite a few by just flying around keeping an eye on the ground, they occasionally show up marked with a white marker, for some reason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Expedition update out (co-op missions with other players)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.