No Man's Sky - Expedition update out (co-op missions with other players)

47 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Better ships have way more inventory. I met a life form on a space station that had zillions of inventory but he wanted 1.5 mil for it. I only had 35k :( He looked like a happy humanoid axolotl, and was a blend of coral colours. I wanted to be friends but before I knew it he flew away :(

So far I've visited 3 planets, and just need to fuel my hyperdrive so I can leave the star system. I've learned 2 Gek words! I also fed a dog lizard pelican alien and it followed me around for a bit. 

...I may of just bought one for 1.5k.

25 slots baby!!! altho it does look like a beige metal cow.

Found a planet that is riddled with cave structures with Plutonium all over and the systems space station trades high in it. took about 5 trips maxing inventory out but now with big cow i should be able to make a couple trips to get me back up over a mill.

Just reached the first Atlas waypoint (about 6 jumps from start planet). It's all a bit strange and mysterious but if, like me, you've bought into the game and are totally digging the atmosphere then it's awesome. Shades of Revelation Space. :)

6 minutes ago, siread said:

Just reached the first Atlas waypoint (about 6 jumps from start planet). It's all a bit strange and mysterious but if, like me, you've bought into the game and are totally digging the atmosphere then it's awesome. Shades of Revelation Space. :)

Yep same place as me!

Bought this today despite still being a bit unsure. You know what? I really like it. I can imagine that in my first 6 or so hours with it that I've probably done a lot of things that I will spend the next however long doing again and again, but that's fine by me. I find it pretty relaxing, but it is nice to have the survival element there to add a bit of an edge of danger.

Just reached my second system, and named the first planet after my cat because why the fuck not. If anyone of you chaps comes across a deep yellow planet rich in red vegetation called Maximum Gary, you'll have found it. Spent a few hours mining gold, which allowed me to buy a new ship with 23 inventory slots. Upgraded my suit's inventory space up to about 18, and just found a new multi-tool which has 8 slots and looks like a pulse rifle. Awesome.

EDIT: oh, by repeatedly talking to Gek chaps and finding a fair few monoliths, I now know 52 Gek words!

Fortunately i got a relatively safe first planet with friendly animals, lots of gold, and a nice moderate climate.

Really enjoyed the slower pace, its slowly easing me into the inventory mechanics and I've just spent over 2h fiddling about on my opening planet getting my ship working and looking for outposts

Lovely change of pace from the usual big games that drop you into excitement and noise instantly

I played for a quick ten minutes (2 and half hours) last night. Messed around on the starting planet, fixed the ship then followed a distress call (I think). 

I'm really enjoying it, the sense of discovery is amazing, and I hope that continues (I don't have a good track record with this kind of thing). 

There does seem to be so much I've missed in terms of how to play the game. Waypoints, computer chips, hacking. I keep trying a couple of doors and boxes and it tells me I need something to get them open. Not sure if I've missed that. I've got no idea how the galaxy structure works or even where the hell I am. Did anyone else find it a bit full-on with things to learn, straight from the off?

Does the scanner find and catalogue new lifeforms and the visor point you to items of interest?

But it's fun. I don't care about multiplayer or getting to the end, for now it's just enjoyable messing around. 

My daughter just likes re-naming the planets. 

Edit: 42K for a new gun? Why I oughta...

36 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

So , suffering from extreme cold? No caves around? Simples. Just

Reveal hidden contents

use your mining laser to create one in the nearest big obelisk of gold or such like , hop in and warm up

. I was like :omg: when I discovered that .

Or you could just

dig your own cave in the ground

like real explorers do :) 

Bought this in a moment of drunken madness and hype peer pressure last night, cannot stop playing, this is all my wishes come true, SPACE ADVENTURE HOoOooOioo.

im following the atlas trail, it's all a hit scary and super sci fi, I love it. 

I discovered the quick movement trick early on so here's a video I made to showi it, best avoiding all spoilers otherwise I think, that's what I'm doing.

I got given a free multitool with 18 slots by an alien for agreeing to marry someone. It's got a few installed mining speed techs.

Also just bought a nice pink ship with 23 slots for 1.5million

h5CnVgZ.jpg

k1UHoK1.jpg

4TqPrz8.jpg

tVcRESA.jpg

sdiieak.jpg

9hVLPsM.jpg

NMigJgM.jpg

Earlier I dropped out of warp right into the middle of a capital ship battle.

i was just ambushed by 4 space pirates on my way to off load my priceless cargo which i'd spent most of the night farming. They beat the shit out of me. Woke up in the space station and no cargo. My focus has now changed from a peace loving mining chap to a build the baddest ship i can and find the c u next tuesday's and blow them to hell. Fucking fantastic :)

10 minutes ago, boybrown said:

i was just ambushed by 4 space pirates on my way to off load my priceless cargo which i'd spent most of the night farming. They beat the shit out of me. Woke up in the space station and no cargo. My focus has now changed from a peace loving mining chap to a build the baddest ship i can and find the c u next tuesday's and blow them to hell. Fucking fantastic :)

If you go back to the spot you died  - it'll show in space with an icon if you do a scan - you can recover your cargo.

The same happened to me, and I had the same reaction 8-)

Was quite underwhelmed and a bit meh at first.

6 hours later I'm overlooking the most amazing vista on some kind of crazy space monument and have learned alien dialect from a glowing post that I followed from a space beacon off another planet.

fucking utterly amazing 

16 minutes ago, PeteJ said:

If you go back to the spot you died  - it'll show in space with an icon if you do a scan - you can recover your cargo.

The same happened to me, and I had the same reaction 8-)

Cheers! I've just landed on a planet with no frickin' plants and i haven't got enough fuel to thrust off into space :) trying to find plutonium now

I fricking love the space ports. Just watching dudes turn up in their crazy-arse ships. The ship design mostly looks a bit functional, but the variety is amazing. I may be imagining it but I think they are getting more diverse the further I travel from home (similar to the sentinels often being Frenzied in this part of town). Also love how you get access to the what I'm calling "the lounge" when you have an atlas pass. Need a level 3 to get into first class though! Love this game!

Still not found any copper. Guess it must be really rare, seeing as its not even for sale anywhere.

And of course still not found those 2 damn discoveries on my starting planet! Now sure if they're creatures or what.

Hmm . Have just stumbled across a rather favourable glitch regarding buying ships ..

I saw a ship I fancied at a trading post . So I bought it . Then realised that the hyperdrive didn't have a warp core. And I hadn't travelled out of my system yet . So I reverted to the previous save , which was only 5 mins previous. So I did a bit of mining and Then took my old ship back to the trading post and sold some stuff . Got a achievement for earning 1million , And when I had returned to my ship it had transformed into the ship I had bought , only this time it had a fueled hyperdrive and launch drive etc. Not only that, but my bank balance was as it was before I bought the ship.

Im pretty sure it's not supposed to work like that ...

• TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Expedition update out (co-op missions with other players)