IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

10 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I tried that, it said my streaming progress for this campaign (or whatever the term is) is now linked to that other streamer. Unsure how to change, if that's even possible. No matter, I didn't even know this was a thing. Will try again for day 2.

That's fucking idiotic. I watch a guy called Tangent https://www.twitch.tv/tangent?sr=a

He does long streams. Also his voice is incredibly soothing.

I didn't "link" per se, but Twitch gave me a message saying I couldn't make progress on a new streamer toward drops. I think  it was because I hadn't claimed rewards, because now it's letting me gain watch time from others.

On 21/07/2022 at 19:15, DualSense said:

So is this worth playing these days?  I bought on release but gave up on it.

It's almost completely unrecognisable. The game as it stands now is more like No Man's Sky 3.

Personally I think it's lost a lot of the charm it had originally, and things like the way the terrain is formed looked better on release, but most people think it's gone from a turkey to a triumph.

18 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Also his voice is incredibly soothing.

I've given him a go based on this but I find his voice quite harsh :(

I was just about to type maybe it'll grow on me over the new 3 hours but he's loudly exclaimed about the cost of something now :( 

Over the last twelve months I've been meaning to start a new save just to check out all the new stuff but every time I've decided that now is the time, another expansion has been anounced making me want to wait until that's out before starting....

I assume newer expansions are better at integrating the new content, so I think you may as well dive in. My most recent save was started a few expansions back and that's where I'm going to get back into this. I assume we're no longer getting the big biome updates that totally break saves, like when I lost my lovely New Iowa a few years ago.

Also - capes! Watching these streamers made me realize I had no idea they were added to the game. Weird how it makes the character look a lot better. 

8 minutes ago, Rayn said:

Over the last twelve months I've been meaning to start a new save just to check out all the new stuff but every time I've decided that now is the time, another expansion has been anounced making me want to wait until that's out before starting....

Wait until the expedition starts, you have to start again for those anyway.

2 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Wait until the expedition starts, you have to start again for those anyway.

I've done the expeditions on a new separate save game each time. The rewards are available in all of your existing saved games afterwards from the quicksilver trader at the Nexus.

Yuss, and usually the rewards for the various parts of the expeditions streamline upgrading your inventory and all that good stuff. PLUS having ships and multi tools from the Twitch drops available as soon as you can get the anomaly is a god send.

59 minutes ago, Giddas said:

I have this on playstation but haven't played since the early days, and am tempted to buy it on SteamDeck, is it worth it?

Yes. Or no. 

Depending on whether you like it. Or not. 

I think if you like relatively aimless open ended stuff with loads of systems to grasp its prob worth a bash. They seem to have made it less aimless and clunky so why not give it a go!

It's optional but lucrative I can be about tonight if you can't get anyone. I've not done it yet, I actually started the expedition on @paulamagaula's game so I wouldn't have to find a rando. I didn't ask in here as I didn't think anyone was playing.

my gamertag is monkeyboyX if you haven't got me.

I love this game but I never get very far into it. I play enough to get off the first planet and then give up. My latest attempt, just this last week, saw me start on a frozen planet, battling freezing temperatures and ice storms to survive. Stylistically it’s such a beautiful game. Amazing art direction, straight from a 70s sci fi painting or something. I really should try to get further than the first planet 😅

3 minutes ago, Captain Kelsten said:

I love this game but I never get very far into it. I play enough to get off the first planet and then give up. My latest attempt, just this last week, saw me start on a frozen planet, battling freezing temperatures and ice storms to survive. Stylistically it’s such a beautiful game. Amazing art direction, straight from a 70s sci fi painting or something. I really should try to get further than the first planet 😅

Play the Expedition. Much easier to get into.

14 minutes ago, Captain Kelsten said:

…what’s that?!? I didn’t even see it as an option! 

It's like a curated version of the game. You start a new save and select expedition on the right of the options. Then it's split into parts that tell you what you need to do and rewards you stuff which makes the journey easier and smoother (like plans, ships, resources). They last for about 2 months but you can continue the save after it's done. This one is about the Freighter update but you're generally free to do what you want anyway, it just gives you direction and purpose.

So any rewards you unlock on the Expedition will be unlocked on any save, they're available from the Quicksilver vendor on the Anomaly. They're stuff like posters, banners, capes, cosmetic stuff. It's quite interesting to play because you progress so much quicker than starting from scratch on a normal game. I'd really recommend giving it a go because you play a bit different than just doing the collect shit for 3 hours>repair ship>take off kind of thing.

I decided to play through the expedition this time, having only briefly dabbled with one a while back. I'm really enjoying it too. :)

Some of my objectives seemed to complete themselves though, with a couple of new modules magically showing up on my freighter. Would these have been built by other players or something?

Doubt it. As far as I know you have to manually set a base to "modifiable by everybody" to allow for that, and even then I am not sure a freighter is technically a base. Do know that all objectives are active all the time, which is why it's a very good thing to read then all and keep chipping away at em. Kill pirates, expand your squadron, expand your fleet, scan flora etc. Usually the moest bothersome one is the "collect storm crystal" so if you ever encounter them, pick em up.

That's weird then. I had objectives to build a refiner and a storage container on the freighter, both of which completed themselves while I was wandering around on a planet. They're absolutely there on the freighter as well, so it's not like the objectives just bugged out.

With 350 million credits burning a hole in my pocket I need something to spend it on. Already have a fleet of starship (yet I only use one). Am hoping for a proper good S-tier Freighter, no luck so far.

Someone was definitely messing with my freighter in the expedition. I had a load of other objectives complete themselves, and found myself confronted with a bunch of trolly structures blocking stuff on board too. I ended up just restarting, and so far everything seems normal.:ph34r: