IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

Help/advice please fellow players.

I'm at the stage where I'm just starting to get comfortable with travelling to whereverI fancy and am nearly finished building a fairly safe base. I have the 'free' frigate and am getting towards the end of the various terminal tutorials/missions.

What is the next best sensible thing for me to do to start generating income in the game?

6 minutes ago, DNStuff said:

Help/advice please fellow players.

I'm at the stage where I'm just starting to get comfortable with travelling to whereverI fancy and am nearly finished building a fairly safe base. I have the 'free' frigate and am getting towards the end of the various terminal tutorials/missions.

What is the next best sensible thing for me to do to start generating income in the game?

There's plenty of ways to start building up the cash. Missions from the space station are a good way to get cash and nanites. You could find a planet with ancient bones or salvaged scrap and dig them up to sell. Chlorine and oxygen in a medium refiner makes 6x chlorine to sell. Loads of ways

Some base items have the wrong indoor/outdoor type set since Beyond I think.

I'm running short of inspiration for my next base. Over the years I've tried making:

1. A castle keep with terraformed defensive walls (got zapped by one of the big world-rerolling patches)
2. A big dome farm
3. An underwater island lair (stymied by the lack of effective ways to link aquatic and non-aquatic building parts)
4. A Fallout-style vault + desert town (still have this one)
5. Various attempts at fancy beach villas/lodges

I tend to do this boring routine of flattening a big plot of land Populous-style with cement floor panels then building a massive box then getting bored/frustrated with the finickiness of the tools and lack of useful interior components. (Also there really need to be bezel-less glass panels in the basic components set that work like the glass cuboids/domes.) (And spiral staircase sections.) (And lifts.)

Maybe I'll see what clever things people have built with the switches.

I still get a kick out of setting up surprise area names / captions by burying/hiding message modules around the place. You could make a good treasure hunt / simple walking sim story with those... assuming the limit isn't too low.

Finally carved out some time to play and I have a horrid black texture decal glitch when I'm mining or shooting at ships. I've tried restarting and restarting the whole PS4 but it's still evident. Anyone encountered this?

5 hours ago, Ran said:

Finally carved out some time to play and I have a horrid black texture decal glitch when I'm mining or shooting at ships. I've tried restarting and restarting the whole PS4 but it's still evident. Anyone encountered this?

No but there was a big black square in the sun the other day 

Then I played No Man’s Sky lololololol

Spent a couple of hours builing one of those Indium Mining Farms last night, was lucky enough to find electro-magnetic field and activated Indium resources about 400u away from each other on practically my first attempt! 

But then fell foul of the base elevation bug...

EDAYVsWXYAIt2Aj.thumb.jpg.fdbf8b2fc62a731eca5ef1d3cce42c1c.jpg

Luckily my storage units are still accessible, so not the end of the world, but pretty annoying. I've tried landing my ship in various places, and I've tried both teleporting and warping in, but nothing will make it return to the original plain I built it on. Not sure whether to bite the bullet and rebuild it :/

19 minutes ago, John0 said:

Spent a couple of hours builing one of those Indium Mining Farms last night, was lucky enough to find electro-magnetic field and activated Indium resources about 400u away from each other on practically my first attempt! 

But then fell foul of the base elevation bug...

EDAYVsWXYAIt2Aj.thumb.jpg.fdbf8b2fc62a731eca5ef1d3cce42c1c.jpg

Luckily my storage units are still accessible, so not the end of the world, but pretty annoying. I've tried landing my ship in various places, and I've tried both teleporting and warping in, but nothing will make it return to the original plain I built it on. Not sure whether to bite the bullet and rebuild it :/

I'd just delete and rebuild the hut. You only need to make one cable/pipe connection to the actual farm if you want to make it bigger and that's easy to dig out without deleting anything

8 minutes ago, Flub said:

I'd just delete and rebuild the hut. You only need to make one cable/pipe connection to the actual farm if you want to make it bigger and that's easy to dig out without deleting anything

But might it revert to the original plain at some stage? Just wondered if anyone knew anything about what causes it.

3 minutes ago, John0 said:

But might it revert to the original plain at some stage? Just wondered if anyone knew anything about what causes it.

A bug. Quite a lot of them in the game at the moment. You currently have two choices. Live with it or rebuild. If you want to get into the hut you're either going to have to enter from above or dig out a hole to get in the door. Either way you're still at risk of the landscape altering again.

13 minutes ago, Flub said:

A bug. Quite a lot of them in the game at the moment.

Yeah no shit :D I more meant if anyone knew what causes the bug. Had a bit of a search on reddit and it might have something to do with nearby structures. Will have another look around this evening.

1 minute ago, John0 said:

Yeah no shit :D I more meant if anyone knew what causes the bug. Had a bit of a search on reddit and it might have something to do with nearby structures. Will have another look around this evening.

I've got messed up bases with nothing for miles around. Unless it counts stuff like damaged tech.

It's a money farm. I'd just ignore it to be honest. You're only going to go there to collect your winnings and crash a random economy after all :)

Speaking of bugs, I can’t hand in my mission properly so that I can increase my Korvax standing and use my translator for that Artemis. It gives me the money and the reward, but it still says I’ve only done 1/2 missions, and that I need to do another one. I’ve done like ten, and also reloaded my save, jumped in and out of the system ...

42 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Speaking of bugs, I can’t hand in my mission properly so that I can increase my Korvax standing and use my translator for that Artemis. It gives me the money and the reward, but it still says I’ve only done 1/2 missions, and that I need to do another one. I’ve done like ten, and also reloaded my save, jumped in and out of the system ...

If it's anything like the one I was stuck on, you need to increase a specific type of standing that not all missions give and isn't explained. It seems unlikely that you've done 10 and not managed it randomly, but there's a Gek one that's similar that wasn't working for me until I realised it was only counting missions that increased my Gek standing (which is about 1/4 of them by the looks of things). Hope that helps :/

Experimental Branch 23/08

Fixed an issue where transferring valuable treasures (such as ancient bones) to other players would result in an invalid product.

Fixed an issue where Shutter Doors had incorrect icons in the build menu.

Introduced a number of PC-specific VR optimisations (not yet available for Oculus).

Reduced graphics memory usage to improve stability.

Fixed an issue where control pads did not rumble on PC.

Fixed an issue where Gek players would float when sitting on the ground.

Added a resource message when dismantling base parts.

Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite number of creature pellets to spawn in Creative Mode.

Fixed a memory leak related to starships and Exocraft.

Experimental Branch Update 26/08

Further adjustments to PC VR optimisations.

Improved VR-specific anti-aliasing.

Experimental Branch Update 27/08

Fixed a rendering crash.

Experimental Branch Additional Update 27/08

Broadened the PC VR optimisations to include Oculus.

When in VR, removed a number of settings that have no effect in VR

4 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

I'm sure this has been asked before but how do you collect bounty?

What bounty? If you take a mission to kill pirates go back to a station and hand it in. If you get jumped randomly and kill them you'll get loot and I think standing with a rep. Sometimes you get notification that a pirate is out there waiting to be murdered with a reward amount. Kill him and you get the units straight away.

6 minutes ago, tobert said:

I keep getting a prompt asking me to check the base computer archives but when I go to my base computer (I have tried all three) there is no option to look at the archives, presumably a bug.

Select the mission from the log, wait for it to pop up in the bottom right hand corner when you come.outnof the menu. Unless that's exactly what you're doing then yeah, it's fucked.

Fair point, I think i need to try an remain focused on task otherwise I end up with about 5 different tasks on the go each with their own requirement.

Out of interest who is still playing in VR?  I started this on PSVR and thought it was amazing, however I had to give the headset back.  I missed the immersion but equally the flat version looks a lot better.

1 hour ago, tobert said:

Thanks, will give it a go.  

I like the idea of building a cool base but the endless shopping lists of required resources makes it far more laborious than it needs to be.

This game is comprised entirely of shopping lists. Here’s an upgrade! You just need a superoxide crystal but you’re 10 hours in so fuck you

Been loving this since the beyond update. Ploughed 60+ hours but the thing that infuriates me the most is having to land on ur damaged frigates and run to each damaged part to fix it. Just pointless, why can't you fix them from the freighter control room?! 

1 hour ago, tobert said:

Fair point, I think i need to try an remain focused on task otherwise I end up with about 5 different tasks on the go each with their own requirement.

Out of interest who is still playing in VR?  I started this on PSVR and thought it was amazing, however I had to give the headset back.  I missed the immersion but equally the flat version looks a lot better.

I tried playing in flat mode and couldn't get on with it after VR (on pc though I bet its a bit janky on PSVR).

Got my little fleet out on manoeuvres and my base is coming along nicely :) Have a little outpost with a teleporter on an archaeology planet so i can dig up bones whenever I want.

Depending on what I'm doing and how tired I am I play in both PCVR and pancake. If I'm just exploring and not super tired I'll put my Oculus on. If I'm base building I tend to stay in 2d.

The latest patch has done a lot for PCVR performance and the anti-aliasing actually works now so it looks a lot better.

• TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th