IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Even exploring is a boring experience because there is no actual danger and, frankly, very little to see and do

This is true. If NMS had just lifeless rocks to explore it would be almost as boring but at least you could make bases and carve giant penises and stuff.

Now you can do all that and take in some often gorgeous landscapes. It's aiming for a different feel altogether and for Hello Games, definitely the better option than trying to tweak the science to produce the variety.

I'm a bit stuck now. My frigate? the one you send off on missions, had to be recalled because it was damaged. I landed on it and it tells me there are 4 things that need repairing. It then goes on to highlight 3 things, which I fix, and when I take off, it gives me a notification that I have successfully repaired it.

But of course I haven't and when I got back to it, it tells me one thing still needs fixing and doesn't highlight anything. So now I can't send it off on missions because it still thinks it needs repairing. Both my saves (didn't there used to be 3 slots on the PS4?) are where the frigate is off on its previous mission, so going back to either save, just leaves me back at this point with an unfixable ship.

Can I just sell it or blow it up or something and get another one without having to get a new freighter? Cheers

5 minutes ago, SteveH said:

I'm a bit stuck now. My frigate? the one you send off on missions, had to be recalled because it was damaged. I landed on it and it tells me there are 4 things that need repairing. It then goes on to highlight 3 things, which I fix, and when I take off, it gives me a notification that I have successfully repaired it.

But of course I haven't and when I got back to it, it tells me one thing still needs fixing and doesn't highlight anything. So now I can't send it off on missions because it still thinks it needs repairing. Both my saves (didn't there used to be 3 slots on the PS4?) are where the frigate is off on its previous mission, so going back to either save, just leaves me back at this point with an unfixable ship.

Can I just sell it or blow it up or something and get another one without having to get a new freighter? Cheers

Mine needs repairing and won't highlight anything

1 minute ago, Flub said:

Mine needs repairing and won't highlight anything

Just had a look on Reddit and found a thread with a lot of people complaining about this. Some manage to still send the ship on a mission, but it gets destroyed.

Some people have had success with warping to another system, and the ship then appears fixed, or with the correct highlights showing. Didn't work for me though :(

Top useful tip of the day.

If you're mining with the TM use dpad left (Or mousewheel) to switch it to the smallest size. You get more ore that way. I just mined one average sized spawn of emeril and got over a 1000.

I also seem to be missing shit loads of base pieces because I got the "Don't give existing saves the blueprint scanner" bug. Hope that patch drops soon

My explosive farms are coming along nicely. Every 30 minutes I get 1800 fungal growth (I found a station that sells ammonia by the 1000) and every 2 hours I get enough cactus to make 3-4 explosives that sell for a million each. 

Next top tip

As you travel around have a look in each station at what basic large node elements they sell. If the system has something you need a lot of build a base on one of the planets. That way you can teleport back whenever you like.

I have a station in my list that sells 2000 chromatic metal at a time and restocks very quickly

My quick database of stuff I can just teleport to and buy

Vaikous rendevouz - ammonia

Zekimovsko - chromatic

Sagyoi-Buz - Paraffinium,silver

Liuboevu XV - cobalt, oxygen, sodium, copper, salt

Roshakht - pungeum

Etrozo-Aika, phosphorus

Leywood, Ammonia, Sulphurine

Vuktya XVII - Uranium

Netunxu-Eguy - Pure ferrite

Nedaijan - Gold,Radon. Hermetic seal

Zoidel-Mor - Chlorine

Lientura - Dioxite, Pyrite

Has the way to get an Atlas pass changed? I met Polo and done a few missions for him, got some nice tech, but I thought he gave you the first pass before the update? I may be wrong though

EDIT: Scratch all that, I just got the blueprint

I'm stuck on a quest where I have to kill 8 sentinels for the Armourer.  Anyone got any advice, as I'm getting battered?

I thought I could just kill one or two, run away or teleport out, then come back and kill one or two more, until I reached the 8, but it keeps resetting the count, so I guess I'm supposed to kill 8 on one fight. There's just no way I can do this - I'm so shit at aiming in 3D I'm half dead by the time I've killed one.

Are there any tricks to this?

I've tried googling for tips, but all the online help requests seem to be for the follow on mission where you have to kill sentinels in space - nobody else seems to be having the same trouble as me killing 8 on the ground.

24 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

I'm stuck on a quest where I have to kill 8 sentinels for the Armourer.  Anyone got any advice, as I'm getting battered?

I thought I could just kill one or two, run away or teleport out, then come back and kill one or two more, until I reached the 8, but it keeps resetting the count, so I guess I'm supposed to kill 8 on one fight. There's just no way I can do this - I'm so shit at aiming in 3D I'm half dead by the time I've killed one.

Are there any tricks to this?

I've tried googling for tips, but all the online help requests seem to be for the follow on mission where you have to kill sentinels in space - nobody else seems to be having the same trouble as me killing 8 on the ground.

Hmm. I thought it was in total too.

I did eventually do the following:

- Bought the scatter blaster (or a multi-tool with it in - basically it's a shotgun) and the laser like gun (gauss?). Installed a superb upgrade for the scatter blaster.

- [L1] Took out the first sentinel with two shotgun blasts to the face.

- [L2] Took out the following two sentinels with two shotgun blasts to the face.

- [L3] Took out the following two sentinels with two shotgun blasts to the face, and the dog-sentinel with a combination of shotgun blasts and the laser.

- [L4] Took out the following two sentinels with two shotgun blasts to the face, and the giant walker thing with a combination of shotgun blasts and the laser and the geology cannon grenades.

- That would have been my eight, and if you need to do it in a row, I suspect you are going to find this hard.

Then I ran and hid in my base, and they stomped around outside resetting the timer. In the end I had to get in my ship and fly low to the ground for 60 seconds - going up into space would just have led to me being murdered by the sentinel ships.

5 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Can you not hide until they stop looking for you then go at it again?

That's what I did. The search got called off and I carried on. The count didn't reset. Would have been a nightmare otherwise.

Now got a freighter and can use the teleports. Quick question on the teleport stuff...

For some reason it's showing me as having 3 bases, I thought I only had one. If I teleport to one of them without the tech to build a new teleporter, will I get stuck there? And since the idea (I gather) is to move towards the centre of the galaxy, am I not taking a step back by going to a home base? Sorry if these are idiot questions, I just don't want to get stranded.

2 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

You won't get stuck because your ship magically comes with you when you teleport, so you could always fly back up to the space station and teleport back to your newest system if there isn't a teleporter at the base.

Ah, brilliant, thanks.

3 hours ago, Flub said:

Next top tip

As you travel around have a look in each station at what basic large node elements they sell. If the system has something you need a lot of build a base on one of the planets. That way you can teleport back whenever you like.

I have a station in my list that sells 2000 chromatic metal at a time and restocks very quickly

Why build a base computer? Can't the player just teleport directly to the station using the teleporter network?

The frigate repair stuff is bugged to hell. I haven't had the missing repair icon issue, but the repair mission always claims the repairs are complete after repairing the first component. Once I had to repair a component with five platinum, which I knew was floating around in a nearby system, so off I went. When I returned the component had decided it needed gold instead. :facepalm:

I'm still enjoying myself though. When I'm in the right mood it's a perfect game to just exist in, doing whatever takes my fancy. I'd love to see the game developed further to better emulate a real universe, but I've rationalised the current situation by just viewing it as a different reality with its own rules.

I bought the scanner tech so I could earn a little more from discoveries, however I have since traded in that tool for a larger and better one.

My question is is the tech just lost to the old tool? It wasn't a blueprint so do I have to re-buy the tech from another vendor?

Drop pods around the crashed frigate site. Easily opened with refined sodium, and I got an item worth £2m. So sold it.

It might be super rare but hey, money!

The ancient artifacts. I keep just getting the korvix cubes, are there more.

Also; sentient plants. I thought these were the alien things but they appear to be humming eggs.

I took a couple of pearls from the sentient plants yet didn't push it and left a whole load of them on one planet as I thought I'd get attacked.

Has anyone else had these much?

2 minutes ago, Lydso76 said:

I bought the scanner tech so I could earn a little more from discoveries, however I have since traded in that tool for a larger and better one.

My question is is the tech just lost to the old tool? It wasn't a blueprint so do I have to re-buy the tech from another vendor?

Yes and yes.

You have to rebuy them for the new multitool. Once you slot upgrade modules into something, they cannot be removed for use in something else. You could destroy them before trading to get some component parts back but I think that lowers the value of the trade in.

5 hours ago, Flub said:

I also seem to be missing shit loads of base pieces because I got the "Don't give existing saves the blueprint scanner" bug. Hope that patch drops soon

What's this then?

Just now, Pob said:

What's this then?

If you start a new game one of the new tutorial systems is a thing that sells you blueprints for buried tech salvage. Without it a load of the base schematics aren't available which sucks. Apparently fixed in the next patch.

What do the options with the base mean? What's the Upload option? Wehn you say redeploy, what does that mean?

Had some oddness last night. First of all it seems like you can only have one player owned freighter in a system at once. I had to jump mine away to allow my friend to jump theirs in. Secondly we were both accessing the Frigate mission assign screen (in our separate freighters, in separate systems) at the same time when it seemed to get confused about whose frigate we were looking at. I got stuck on the mission screen being shown my friend's frigate instead of mine. Had to close down the game using task manager in the end.

Why is the galaxy map such a pain to use? Selecting the right system to jump to is way too tricky. Last night I accidentally held a button down for too long and warped somewhere I didn't want to go...

That aside I'm really enjoying this. Hadn't played it before and I'm really enjoying pottering about working out how it all works at my own pace. The gameplay does have a big dose of collect and craft to it ( like minecraft, terraria, portal knights etc...) but it has cool spaceships and crazy lifeforms so I can live with that. (Plus I quite like those sort of games).

• TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th