IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

I cannot warp from my base, just get stuck in the zoomy animation forever.

Also the stupid save system lost me 30 mins work! jumping out of the cars should save like the ship does.

ALSO the cars are SO destructive! I wish they would pick up the resources they destroy!

A Starg∆te!

I really don't understand watching people playing games, it's usually dull as dishwasher. Except this, I love playing vicariously through videos of tales from this game, we all see something slightly different. 

That's a fine looking ship.

I'm going to ignore the atlas path for now and get some stability. It's slow going, survival, and I'm always jumped by pirates. Luckily, I've dived back into the atmosphere each time. On a planet where it storms 167F, but had enough Emeril to raise 350k petty cash. That'll come in handy for slots. I'm kinda done with hot, cold, and poison though. I could do with a terribly beige planet for a bit, so I can romp around without constantly being near death.

I got the exocraft too last night. :) , yeah, lots of fun and super detailed. 

My my base is coming along and even flashes up 'Welcome, put the kettle on' as you enter, should anyone stop by.

All the new additions and refinements, with the ships specs, additional crafting, missions, trading etc. have really added player investment to the game; I feel like I'm part of a living world now rather than than a passive observer of some clever but repetitive shell of systems which the game was on release. Love there's none of the tessalation now as you approach the surface.

Fixed why my pro was sounding like a jet engine- turned off uncapped frame rate and it sounds normal instantly.

This is my GOTY at the moment, which isn't bad for one I stuck a heap of hours hours into already and has been gathering dust on the shelf for a year only taken out to update. 

btw Davros were you playing since before day one? I can't remember if you were ;) 

I had my first 'death' on Permadeath last night. I was just about to switch off for the night when I decided to jump back out of my ship and get the last bit of emeril in a mine next to me. Leapt in, fell through the floor into the upside-down and started drowning in nothing. Switched the PS4 off before I died. No way I'm going out like that. 

Fired this back up last night and jumped back into my old save. Then I realised I totally forgot how to do stuff. I went into the star map and couldn't fathom it at all..so.... I think I need to start again...

Anyway, I fumbled my way down to a planet and the game kept telling my to press down on the d-pad to follow the mission but I pressed it and nothing happened, jumped back in the ship and headed back for the station, and it the game hard crashed. Balls.

Yeah, it's amazing. I think they added hi-res textures with the latest update.

That said, it's always been a looker. That's why I've been mashing the screenshot button for a year. To be honest, some of my earliest planets are still some of my favourites, but then again I'm spending a lot less time on pretty planets anyway, as they always have aggressive Sentinels. That aspect of Survival mode is starting to get on my nerves actually.

I think they said they wanted to get that 70s SF paperback cover look to the planets.. I'd say they succeeded.

I finally got to restart this last night, just playing on normal as I enjoyed this more for relaxing exploration than being overly challenged. Obviously my mind is looking for thing that are different although I'll bet most are the same. However, it feels like they've tightened up the initial part of the game at least, getting the ship going and fuelled up took me less than half an hour. Maybe this was because I had more of a clue of what I was supposed to be doing, but I suspect they did tweak it so you weren't dossing about on some planet roasting (in my case).

Was surprised how quickly it all came back to me, most of it anyway. Things like scanning wildlife seems to have changed a bit. Not got to renaming stuff yet.

And it still looks amazing. It's definitely one of those games where you can just go mad with the screenshots.

I tend to use a USB stick to save the screenshots, then do whatever with them on the PC.

I was so pissed off when Photobucket stopped doing free third-party links. Been using that feature for the best part of 15 years! The cheek.

20 hours ago, Stanley said:

I was wondering this. I love my home planet and would be reluctant to leave but my base is in midair. Have I mentioned that before ;)

I had a go the other night. I was asked to 'go build my first corridor!' but my base was about 12 metres in the air. Does it not procedurally fix itself if you leave the planet and come back? I took quite a health battering trying to jetpack up to the front door in survival mode!

Also I noticed a cluster of three planets I gazed up to had exactly the same cloud formation at the same rotation. My heard did a little groan.

19 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

To be honest, some of my earliest planets are still some of my favourites, but then again I'm spending a lot less time on pretty planets anyway, as they always have aggressive Sentinels. That aspect of Survival mode is starting to get on my nerves actually.

But that's where your trick of wiping out the sentinel army comes into play! You have to work before you enjoy paradise.

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

But that's where your trick of wiping out the sentinel army comes into play! You have to work before you enjoy paradise.

Ha! True. Every time though man. I don't think I've seen a single lush/tropical/paradise etc planet without aggressive Sentinels. It's really silly that they've hardwired it into this particular mode.

3 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Ha! True. Every time though man. I don't think I've seen a single lush/tropical/paradise etc planet without aggressive Sentinels. It's really silly that they've hardwired it into this particular mode.

Maybe it's just a high chance rather than hardwired.

21 minutes ago, Lydso76 said:

I had a go the other night. I was asked to 'go build my first corridor!' but my base was about 12 metres in the air. Does it not procedurally fix itself if you leave the planet and come back? I took quite a health battering trying to jetpack up to the front door in survival mode!

Also I noticed a cluster of three planets I gazed up to had exactly the same cloud formation at the same rotation. My heard did a little groan.

It doesn't seem to fix it if you go away and come back. I just started building on the ground near it.

16 minutes ago, Stanley said:

It doesn't seem to fix it if you go away and come back. I just started building on the ground near it.

Can't you build a lift or fashion some steps or something? Post some screenshots. I want to see this city in the sky. 

I remember when base-building first came in a guy basically stacked buildings all the way up into space.

3 minutes ago, Pob said:

Can't you build a lift or fashion some steps or something? Post some screenshots. I want to see this city in the sky. 

I remember when base-building first came in a guy basically stacked buildings all the way up into space.

Will do, I could build one of those jetpack ladder things. It's not really high up so you can get in OK by jetpack, it just looks a bit daft.

• TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th