IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

Is it worth reporting bugs? I don't know how swamped they are. But containers are buggy: do certain things and you can't return stuff to your inventory, it keeps pulling from your suit. Silly things like that.

When did they change the generation of resource deposits? I was on another toxic hell hole last night and got tired of snorting zinc, so I went underground for a bit to mindlessly grab antrium. As I turned one corner, I saw one part of the  dark cave come to an abrupt stop at a shiny dark green wall. Turns out it was a seam of emeril. It wasn't just a wall, but up inside a hollow which, once cleared, led deeper into the cave. I then found another by sight - just a small patch on the ceiling, which once I drilled into it, expanded up into a huge, bulbous cavern.

I don't know when they did that, or if I just haven't spent enough time caving, but I felt like my old man but in Space South Wales.

Survival Mode disaster!  I casually wandered to a (?) location on a hot planet a little way from my ship and saved straight away when I got there as I was a bit low on life support, resources and a lot of hostiles were milling about. Ironically I probably left some handy resource on my ship which was now out of range but I didn't sense much danger.

Here's a lesson: Since 'upgrading' my multitool a while ago I lost the grenades for digging in against the harsher planet elements. This proved a royal pain in the ass since I don't have the blueprint to re-craft it.

The location turned out to be a locked door research lab thingy and because my life support was low sentinels killed me before I could blast my way in. I tried again and then panicked as I realised my previous saves were getting overwritten. I found myself in an impossible death loop! I mean seriously impossible! I die in seconds, before I can get enough resources to craft a shield plate or get through the steel door. I could dismantle some stuff to try and get the resources required but even that would be a tricky with no pause when in menu management. I'm going back to Normal mode. I've figured Survival mode is just going to be too much of a constant grind for me to endure.

I hadn't thought of that. Survival mode is going to need some serious planning, winging it with science only works in films.

I finally got around to crafting a sigma warp drive to get to red stars. My base guys now want me to get resources from a green star, do I specifically need a tau warp drive for that, or will the theta (which is effectively better) also get there? I wasn't sure if it was explicitly tied to warp drive type, or just a function of how "far" you can warp. By chance, I have the gold/emeril needed for a theta, but not yet the nickel/aluminium for tau. Struggling to find aluminium at the moment.

2 hours ago, TehStu said:

I hadn't thought of that. Survival mode is going to need some serious planning, winging it with science only works in films.

I finally got around to crafting a sigma warp drive to get to red stars. My base guys now want me to get resources from a green star, do I specifically need a tau warp drive for that, or will the theta (which is effectively better) also get there? I wasn't sure if it was explicitly tied to warp drive type, or just a function of how "far" you can warp. By chance, I have the gold/emeril needed for a theta, but not yet the nickel/aluminium for tau. Struggling to find aluminium at the moment.

This is a super handy guide to the various warp drives and which star system types you can reach:

http://www.carlsguides.com/nomanssky/warp-reactors.php

Different star classes require different warp reactors in No Man's Sky. There are several colors of stars: yellow, red, green, white, brown (reportedly), blue (and shades/combos of these such as reddish brown). Each have different classes. You can see the class of star as the first letter in the system's analysis category when viewing on the map:

Class F Star System - Yellowish White (travel with normal warp reactor)

Class G Star System - Yellow (travel with normal warp reactor)

Class K Star System - Orange (travel with Sigma Reactor)

Class M Star System - Red (travel with Sigma Reactor)

Class E Star System - Green (Travel with Tau Reactor)

Class B Star System - Blueish White (Travel with Theta Reactor)

Class O Star System - Blue (Travel with Theta Reactor)

I've never actually found a Class O system.

10 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

This is a super handy guide to the various warp drives and which start system types you can reach:

Ah hah, so it's not a question of range but the specific warp drive. Ta!

So I should be picking up a base PS4 (hopefully I can track one down for ~£100) in a few weeks, and ive got this game ready to go!

What mode should I start first? Im thinking Survivial as ive seen gameplay vids of this and it dont seem too hard.

Still no multiplayer features im guessing? Thats what Elite Dangerous will be for when it comes out ^^

7 hours ago, JPickford said:

A black one?

Any colour really but it looks like black is the cheapest so prolly. Maybe looking for some psn space buddies (:

@df0 i guess, I've watched alot of videos and got a good idea of general resource management and stuff. i like the idea of having to run from cold to shelter to survive, even on starting planets.

Big (3.93 GB on PS4) patch to version 1.24 released.

https://www.nomanssky.com/2017/03/4511/ 

Today we’re releasing Patch 1.24, which addresses some remaining issues and bugs players have reported since the launch of the Path Finder Update. This update is live now on both PC and PS4, and the patch notes are as follows: 

• Fixed an issue that caused player’s bases not to appear
  • Optimised light shafts, allowing us to enable them on PS4
  • Fixed a game freeze/lock up that could occur when in space
  • Improved frame rate when playing with unlocked frame rate, or vsync disabled
  • Fixed some issues with Steam controller prompts
  • Various minor performance optimisations
  • Fixed some rare crashes & freezes

Can I express my absolute love for the ground vehicles? Scanning for a specific destination genre (droppod, ruin, base, resource) is fantastic. So much better and interesting than flying from question mark to question mark.

I have a weird problem - I travelled far from my home system (two warps at max distance) in an attempt to find another players base (failed, I was on the trail of a player but they appeared to have been planet hopping and had no settlement I could find).

I gave up on that and having bought a freighter on the way and lost all my savings I want to go home to farm a bit more.

I made one warp jump to half distance. But when I go back to the galaxy map to make the last jump home and select 'home system' it goes weird, and auto selects the centre point of the galaxy (the rest of the star field more or less disappears). Music changes as well, which tells me it's by design.

If I deselect it, or try to move back to home system - the screen fades to white with music playing. I waited about five minutes, nothing happens. I reloaded and tried again, same thing happens every time.

Hopefully I can still teleport home but this is very strange as it looks intentional, but breaks the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th