IGNORED

No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th

TehStu

Never seen anything like that! There should be more weird stuff like that than dancing cows.

Just noticed after leaving my starting planet on the PC version that there have been 2 other players passing through, discovering systems nearby (Guinda and Black, know em?). There's something definitely up with the starting planets if there are 3 of us within range.

I also noticed that if you put the galaxy core in the centre of your screen (in the map) you can zoom out a long, long way from your start system. I zoomed out by over 100,000ly from my start position before giving up. Which means we start nowhere near the outer edge. :wacko:

Patch seems to be working a treat. No crashes since, and played for 4 hours+ yesterday. And I can upload stuff no problem, other than my starting planet as far as I can tell (I'm pretty sure it still shows as 100% despite it not being so).

18 minutes ago, Tailfly said:

What are peoples one pro tip for the game? 

Mine is installing the lock on companion unit for the multi tool, makes the flying sentinel robots and the dogs a piece of cake. The Walker is still a total dick though. 

Don't spend money on multi-tools you will be given them for free from Aliens.

Visited my first Extreme planet earlier. 300 degrees C, with weather described as 'Incendiary Dust'! The storms were really quite something, and ate through my suit in only a minute or two. I found the largest mountain I'd seen yet, and had to dig myself in at several points to make it to the top.

Pros? Radnox, Radnox everywhere. Although it was 800 Aluminium I actually needed, which I finally gathered after trekking through miles of caves. 

Now I have a Warp Drive Tau ho ho ho...

1 hour ago, Tailfly said:

What are peoples one pro tip for the game? 

Mine is installing the lock on companion unit for the multi tool, makes the flying sentinel robots and the dogs a piece of cake. The Walker is still a total dick though. 

When flying over the planet in your ship, slow down to your lowest speed & tilt forward so you can see the ground.  This makes spotting things easy, especially suit upgrade pods, so you can upgrade your suit capacity & capabilities quite quickly (as long as you have the credits).

Just remember to grab some Plutonium every now & then to keep those Launch Thrusters fueled.

I'm at a similar planet Davros, its CONSTANT cold storms with really tricky terrain all over and extreme cold water too but its the first one I've come across with almost plentiful  Albumen Alien-type egg things so am getting a bit of cash from it. Tossing up wether to jump on to find a nicer planet but the potential money is keeping me there.

33 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

I'm now stuck on a planet with no plutonium I'm 15 minuets away from my ship and I still can't find any, it's absolutely barron and I have none for my launch thrusters 

Top tip... 

Always keep stocked up on plutonium 

Go back to your ship and you'll find some magically appear right near it

1 hour ago, Theholyhogg said:

I'm now stuck on a planet with no plutonium I'm 15 minuets away from my ship and I still can't find any, it's absolutely barron and I have none for my launch thrusters 

Top tip... 

Always keep stocked up on plutonium 

i got stuck like that with frenzied sentinels. that planet was a living hell

So, I gave it a go...and it's cute. But it's nothing near what the dev's promised. I don't see how they can at all justify asking for £50 considering they pretty much sold the game on features that didn't make it into the final product. Biggest swindle since Weinberg? Probably.

23 hours ago, John0 said:

Arrgg. I've had this planet on 92% for ages now. Need one more species, a bird (obviously) that I've seen 3-4 times, but every time when I've pulled my scanner out they just disappear into thin air (presumably they're too far away for my ps4 to handle). I will not be trying to 100% any more planets. The fact the game sets you a goal of getting 100% but no means of seeking out anything new is infuriating. Not to mention when I try to scan anything in the air I resemble someone trying to play Call of Duty with their toes. I'm just wondering about now looking into the sky for hours trapped in an obsessive completitionist's nightmare.

This is my life now...

6 hours ago, John0 said:

Right time for some pics I think:

My starting planet <3

CqFt9JbWAAEk8Cu.jpg

CqFuEbsW8AAcWVH.jpg

Couple of other nice views:

CqFucEfXYAIo5xN.jpg

CqFuSy3WIAAlX1u.jpg

And finally, a bonus gif!

Edit: Oh didn't realise gfycat worked so well on this forum now! Sweet.

Dark Souls Crossover confirmed! You're about to get cursed!

19 minutes ago, macosx said:

Look for rounded spires, brown colour

Is that on planets? I rarely come across any on planets either.

In other news, I'm currently trying to pulse drive into a star, just to see if I can. I'm now three days away from any planet.

• TehStu changed the title to No Man's Sky - Endurance | Switch version Oct 7th