Jump to content
rllmuk
TehStu

No Man's Sky - Beyond update inc. VR out now

Recommended Posts

You may get lucky and find one that is A or S rank with loads of tech and cargo slots but you'll have been luckier than I've been :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, so I've sent my first fleet off on an expedition (and by "fleet" I mean one ship) and was quite excited to see what would happen. It came back and I was told to go to the freighter for debriefing so I summoned it and docked, went up to the fleet command room. It's not there any more. The mission marker is floating around in the middle of a wall and the room which I had created has vanished. I can't create a door to get into the area and if I try to make another command room it doesn't do anything.

 

So that's the end of that already - one mission and it's fucked. :hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A frustrating few days on this after I finally left Euclid and moved to Eissentam.  I thought I'd start a new base in the new galaxy so went on the lookout for lush planets.  Fucking hell - I just couldn't find the right one.  If they were just right in terms of aesthetics, they had a heavy sentinel presence.  If they were sentinel free, they had some kind of deadly precipitation.

 

The one I have settled for is good, because it's green and sentinels are very sparse but there's no water - I was hoping to create a land/sea hybrid style base.

 

Ah well - planet Neves in the Portuwolves system will just have to do for now.  I've set up Base Nuno right next to an electromagnetic power hotspot and there are some really good resources on neighbouring planets Patricio, Vinagre and Jota so that'll keep me busy over the next few weeks.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Ah well - planet Neves in the Portuwolves system will just have to do for now.  I've set up Base Nuno right next to an electromagnetic power hotspot and there are some really good resources on neighbouring planets Patricio, Vinagre and Jota so that'll keep me busy over the next few weeks.

 

A loan in space....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's Nuno Base.  Much happier with this one compared to Yavin IV (back in Euclid). Very early days though, I've got loads left to build - fortunately I'm right by a natural power source so no need to fuck around with solar panels/batteries.

 

 

Boothjan_NoMansSky_20200319_11-24-45.png

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I think I've messed up the Atlas quest.  Thought I'd finished it, but I can't create the technology needed for the Remembrance - I must have missed a blueprint for one of the Atlas Seeds and I have no way of going back to find where it is!

 

Really annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

Hmm I think I've messed up the Atlas quest.  Thought I'd finished it, but I can't create the technology needed for the Remembrance - I must have missed a blueprint for one of the Atlas Seeds and I have no way of going back to find where it is!

 

Really annoying. 

Have you tried going to polo and asking for atlas station coordinates? Could end up jump starting something?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I'll try that - back in Euclid if need be. Ta.

 

If it's bugged, no biggie as I'm focusing on my base at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Hmm I'll try that - back in Euclid if need be. Ta.

 

If it's bugged, no biggie as I'm focusing on my base at the moment.

That's actually a good point, going back to Euclid has factored into sorting some bullshit moments for the missus and me when it breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well not only can I not get beyond the first fleet mission I'm now at an impasse with the main story line. It's told me to go to a red-sun system to mine cadmium. Ok, not a problem, here we go. Four red star systems and over 1000 cadmium in my inventory later and it's still stuck on the same objective.

 

Plus I can't get one of those Atlas Pass things to open crates and doors and shit. Apparently it's meant to be given to you after a mission for Polo but he doesn't give me missions, just coordinates to black holes.

 

Also also there's lots of busy work for my base staff who keep giving me things to do and build that I've already done but it doesn't acknowledge it.

 

For crying out loud.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Well not only can I not get beyond the first fleet mission I'm now at an impasse with the main story line. It's told me to go to a red-sun system to mine cadmium. Ok, not a problem, here we go. Four red star systems and over 1000 cadmium in my inventory later and it's still stuck on the same objective.

 

Plus I can't get one of those Atlas Pass things to open crates and doors and shit. Apparently it's meant to be given to you after a mission for Polo but he doesn't give me missions, just coordinates to black holes.

 

Also also there's lots of busy work for my base staff who keep giving me things to do and build that I've already done but it doesn't acknowledge it.

 

For crying out loud.

 

Re: the Atlas Passes - activate a map - the ones that say secure sight of interest (or whatever the term is).  Most of these lead you to an abandoned facility in which you can hack the terminal.  If you're successful, you can choose to take nanites, units or learn a blueprint.  Choose the latter - the blueprints to Atlas passes are on there.  You then have to craft the pass and keep it in your inventory.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was stumped by that after the big update - Polo dosn't give Atlas passes at all anymore (AFAIK) but all the online guides still suggest that he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I discovered if, like me, you hate having electrical wires trailing everywhere, is that you can hide them in walls. You position everything where you want it, and delete the walls. Then carefully position the wires in such a way that when you replace the walls you deleted, the wires get covered up. You have to make sure any lights aren't on the walls you delete, as the lights will be deleted along with the wall. But quite easy to do if you're building rooms higher than one level.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pics from recent travels, including some very small base building...

 

nms-01.thumb.png.7ae892ea88ee599f9baaa7369602cf7d.png

 

nms-02.thumb.png.dd976aa5bda4805136248d23c8d1802a.png

 

nms-03.thumb.png.972171b8c1e2ab06375f0da558673e0f.png

 

Totally had to kill this guy! He attacked me first! Honest!

 

nms-04.thumb.png.d5257e6999b5ec64c05d3ffad6551254.png

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh that looks fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2020 at 16:54, Monkeyboy said:

One thing I discovered if, like me, you hate having electrical wires trailing everywhere, is that you can hide them in walls. You position everything where you want it, and delete the walls. Then carefully position the wires in such a way that when you replace the walls you deleted, the wires get covered up. You have to make sure any lights aren't on the walls you delete, as the lights will be deleted along with the wall. But quite easy to do if you're building rooms higher than one level.

The update let's you hide wires. 

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I finally found a planet (name is Hiel) that is suitable for a pretty base and I found the perfect spot: on top of a high and narrow hill which gives me a great view: rainbow and planets in the distance, the ground below through glass floor panes. Gorgeous.

 

There's one problem trough: it is up high. So high in fact NPC space ships fly right over it. Yesterday while building a base I was knocked clean off :lol: 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your spaceship can only land and lift off vertically right? There's no way of equipping a ground base with the horizontal docking procedure from a frigate? I'd LOVE to have my own small docking station in the stone pillar I am building my base on top of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the new update, wasn’t there supposed to be a gizmo that you could use in bases that made wires invisible? Can’t seem to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeyboy said:

In the new update, wasn’t there supposed to be a gizmo that you could use in bases that made wires invisible? Can’t seem to find it.

Look at the video I posted a few posts above, that might help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.