rllmuk
TehStu

No Man's Sky - Beyond update inc. VR out now

My home system has no sources of cobalt anywhere, so I teleported 20ly over to a neighbouring system   I'd previously visited that had a number of viable planets to do some gathering.

In the course of doing that I discovered underground rivers in an otherwise dry planet - that is certainly new since I last played! Got side tracked into hunting fauna for the logs, a few types of fish in those rivers. Scanning birds is a massive PITA in VR - I remember it used to be like that way back in the beginning - you basically had to kill them and scan the corpse, but they fixed that. Seems like it's gone back to how it was...

I also suffered my first death as I decided to brave it and nick some albumen pearls, thinking I'd be able to take out the sentinels with my boltcaster before they got me. Wrong :/

During the flight to and from the space station I received alerts on 3 fugitive spacecraft - all were rated mostly harmless so I hunted them all down. The in-game notification said they each had a 100,000 unit bounty on them, but my credits are still at 76,500 after destroying all three. Do I have to do something to claim the rewards? I've already left that system and teleported home.

• Upvote 1

Quick question. The upgrade modules for ships/exosuit/multi-tool etc. If I buy a new multi-tool (for example) I'm assuming I can't move the installed modules from my old one to my new one? So I have to re-purchase them?

Loving this all over again on PSVR. One really annoying thing: trying to open crates and boxes with Move controllers. I sort of have to skip around them and point a hand till I get an icon. Doing this with a bundle of three is ridiculously fiddly. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is?

13 minutes ago, Mawdlin said:

Loving this all over again on PSVR. One really annoying thing: trying to open crates and boxes with Move controllers. I sort of have to skip around them and point a hand till I get an icon. Doing this with a bundle of three is ridiculously fiddly. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it is?

Seems tied to where you’re looking in the headset, not your hand position.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, John0 said:

Quick question. The upgrade modules for ships/exosuit/multi-tool etc. If I buy a new multi-tool (for example) I'm assuming I can't move the installed modules from my old one to my new one? So I have to re-purchase them?

I think so, you might be able to break them down for nanites though before you confirm the new multitool.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Can anyone tell.me how to get the Plasma Grenade to work? It says LB but it does nothing.

Same. It’s a bug and will hopefully get patched. Someone above told me to blast doors open with your ships blasters

• Upvote 1

I launched a plasma grenade by accident last night. It was something I pressed on my right hand, and I think it was the square button. Not sure though.

Any info on the pirate bounty thing?

13 hours ago, Flub said:

How did you not get the free one? Bug? Just spend a weekend doing the chlorine refine thing. A basic freighter will set you back about 130 million.

12 hours ago, Eighthours said:

The mission has never triggered, so I assume it's a bug.

Can anyone who restarted the game for Beyond confirm that this mission triggered for them when first encountering a freighter?

First play through I got it after a couple of hours. 

Second play through it was after eighteen hours. I’d warped like, 25 times by that point but freighter defence never triggered. 

I can’t find the camera function to take photos on PSVR. It should be on the left hand quick menu but it isn’t. AFAIK you don’t have to craft the camera so how do I complete missions where you have to take photos?

I'm pretty sure you can buy Copper (and other base metals). Other ships at a trading post in a mining system is a good bet.

Scanning (even birds) is (imo) easier now because you don't have to keep aimed at the creature after you've started scanning it.

The Nexus is just unplayably unstable on PS4 in my experience. Will give 2.07 a go now to see if it improves matters at all.

And yeah, photo mode doesn't seem to be available in PSVR. Possibly the mission condition will still be met if you just hit the 'share' button?

Once you “claimed a ship” for your collection, how do you use the other one again??? Do you have to wait until you get a freighter? Will it be there later? I have a bunch of shit I forgot to transfer. 

Plus us I really miss my old ship already - it only has 16 slots compared to this one’s 29 but ... it was a handsome devil

@MK-1601Nope, tried that. I guess I can boot the game in normal non VR mode and do it that way?

Another bug. Have to deliver some de latticed crystal or something as part of a decoy mission. Deliver to the actual, verified drop off point with a marker directly on it. It takes the item.

Then the drop off point changes to somewhere off planet but you no longer have the item and can’t get it back. What’s that all about?

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I can’t find the camera function to take photos on PSVR. It should be on the left hand quick menu but it isn’t. AFAIK you don’t have to craft the camera so how do I complete missions where you have to take photos?

Pressing X in camera mode doesn’t currently work for me on PS either. 

33 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Once you “claimed a ship” for your collection, how do you use the other one again??? Do you have to wait until you get a freighter? Will it be there later? I have a bunch of shit I forgot to transfer. 

Plus us I really miss my old ship already - it only has 16 slots compared to this one’s 29 but ... it was a handsome devil

You can summon them. Anywhere. That’s why I’m after a hauler to just hold all my metal/passes etc so I can open anything I find without always needing to be flying a stocked ship. 

Blew my money on something else though. Class A. Rorange. Mmmmmm. 

31088A16-70C9-4201-938A-E00AAEC95816.thumb.jpeg.fff586dc71e7ef98aa6b0d235ca7771f.jpeg

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

You can summon them. Anywhere. That’s why I’m after a hauler to just hold all my metal/passes etc so I can open anything I find without always needing to be flying a stocked ship. 

Blew my money on something else though. Class A. Rorange. Mmmmmm. 

31088A16-70C9-4201-938A-E00AAEC95816.thumb.jpeg.fff586dc71e7ef98aa6b0d235ca7771f.jpeg

*drools* what race is that, Korvax?

Summon doesn’t work. Might try restarting the app, see if that helps

14 hours ago, Darwock said:

My home system has no sources of cobalt anywhere, so I teleported 20ly over to a neighbouring system   I'd previously visited that had a number of viable planets to do some gathering.

Cobalt nodes always look the same and there's normally loads of them in caves. Especially around the entrances to the big ones. I always like to keep my main base near to a big cave for that reason.

7 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

*drools* what race is that, Korvax?

Summon doesn’t work. Might try restarting the app, see if that helps

If you don't currently have a freighter and you claimed a crashed ship or something, you've lost the old one.

I suppose there's still a chance it's sitting where you parked it (if you can find the crash site) but in my pre-patch experience an abandoned ship will not persist much longer after you leave a planet, and definitely not if you leave the system.

8 hours ago, NexivRed said:

So they’ve managed to disable the in game camera function in the new update for PS4/PSVR. Wow...How did that get through!

5 minutes ago, Strafe said:

How do you get new ships? Hypothetically can you steal one? Asking for a friend.

Either: find a crashed one on a planet (either by chance - unlikely - or by using those beacon things to locate a distress beacon.) Pros: free. Cons: most of the components will be broken and require repair.

Or: talk to a ship pilot on a space station or planet base, and offer to buy. Pro: everything working. Con: expensive.

• Upvote 1