rllmuk
TehStu

No Man's Sky - Beyond update inc. VR out now

32 minutes ago, Strategos said:

How on earth do I switch guns in my space ship (pc VR rift)

I don't have more than one gun but is it the same way you do it in the multitool? Right hand?

Played in PSVR with a mate last night and it was brilliant. The controls took a bit of learning but a lot of stuff is better in VR (especially the minority report UI) and the sense of scale is brilliant.

It's not an immediate wow like Wipeout or astrobot but it is very immersive and so easy to just start living in this virtual world.  Having a laugh exploring with a mate also made it much more enjoyable.

One question; how do you use your visor in VR?

The visors activated by pressing your left hand to your head. 

It is a strangely underwhelming initial feeling in VR compared to other experiences, but it's absolutely absorbing after a short, I'm away at the moment and can't stop thinking about driving back in

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Ran said:

The visors activated by pressing your left hand to your head. 

It is a strangely underwhelming initial feeling in VR compared to other experiences, but it's absolutely absorbing after a short, I'm away at the moment and can't stop thinking about driving back in

Thanks and totally agreed on your point; It's not an instant wow but it's the whole game, which can be a time sink any way, only more immersive. Feels a little like the future.

Really getting into this now. You are right its very absorbing in VR. It probably helps that I know what im doing from previous play throughs though. 

Still cant dogfight using the VR flight controls though, just run everytime now.

Had a bug where I lost my ship coming out of the Nexus the first time and died in space which was quite harrowing.

14 hours ago, gospvg said:

Oh man that would piss me off! I’ll try this for 30 mins tomorrow to experience the VR otherwise i’ll wait till it’s fixed.

I started again. I think i played it on day one for about a week solid, then just stopped.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Why is there still no Upload All function for flora, fauna, minerals etc? Why? Am I missing something? Is it there but hidden somewhere?

There used to before the update, but I can't seem to find it now either.