World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

He's been around forever, he became Real Madrid's first choice keeper in 2000 when he was only 19 and first choice ever since until Mourinho's final season in charge. With Spain I think it's burnout, they've been playing constantly since 2008 with their FA arranging friendlies all over the world, the Confederations Cup along with the all the games the players have played with their clubs as well. Along with them all aging this is just one tournament too far.

Well the main problem has been that in all those games they haven't really brought that many new players through, so everybody has burned-out together. How many of the current side playing now have played in all three major tournaments (four if we count the Confederations Cup)? Quite a lot. You can understand not wanting to change a winning team, but this is the result of that.

Woo... No woof

It's funny really he had a choice between the most consistently good footballing nation on earth or one that were infamous underachievers before Euro 2008.

Germany and England... ? ;)

Remember when Spain used to be "dark horses" for pretty much every tournament they entered, would lose two games playing badly and then finally switch on the style when it was too late in the last game? I'm sure it used to happen more often than not. Poor old Australia, that's what I'm saying.

I like Chile. Not because they look strong, because they don't, but because they try to stay on their feet instead of diving everywhere.

They certainly aren't strong, a team on form could rip them open, because they tend to live by the seat of their pants quite a bit. Contrast them to Mexico yesterday, who were a heck of a lot more solid, though lacking that little bit of quality that Chile have up front.

They certainly aren't strong, a team on form could rip them open, because they tend to live by the seat of their pants quite a bit. Contrast them to Mexico yesterday, who were a heck of a lot more solid, though lacking that little bit of quality that Chile have up front.

So we just need a good old Mexican Chile then?