rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

Fred scored 9 last year for Brazil and Jo 5 whilst usually being his sub, they're hardly slacking off. If anyone is in their preferred starting line it's Hulk.

Fred is back in Brazil after being released by Lyon and Jo hardly set the world alight at Man City or Everton. It's hardly controversial to suggest Brazil don't have the best forward line up at the World Cup this year. Agreed Hulk and Neymar are probably their first choice pairing.

Diego Costa is a Spanish international now. Turned his back on his homeland etc.

That was my point.

Fred is back in Brazil after being released by Lyon and Jo hardly set the world alight at Man City or Everton. It's hardly controversial to suggest Brazil don't have the best forward line up at the World Cup this year. Agreed Hulk and Neymar are probably their first choice pairing.

It doesn't really matter if they're the "best" or not, they're both doing a fine job in Scolari's system where they aren't going to be the starring figures. Neymar, Oscar and Hulk are the ones with the responsibility, the striker just needs to be a good poacher.

Me! I've got tickets for England v Costa Rica but not sure about any others. Bit of a fuck up really but it's a long (and dull) story.

I'll be in Braganca Paulista, near Sao Paulo as that's where my mate lives. I've been to Fortaleza (lovely, go to Combuco if you get the chance, fantastic beaches/scenery) but my overriding memory of it was getting food poisoning and spending two days furiously firing jets of brown water out of my arse while puking simultaneously. Avoid cream based sauces or anything left out in the open (ketchup/sauce pots on tables.)

Nice! Are you going to head up north east or stay down south? I'll definitely check that out, I'm there for a few weeks!

Ah, I got something similar from chicken/mayo in Damascus a few years ago, out for three days straight in bed, shitting and puking up on the bog (puking between my legs) also.

I've been abroad in places where they leave shit out all the time now, so I'm fairly immune to that now. I do tend to avoid mayo though now!

There are still tickets available by the way - 11:30am - 12pm every day there seem to be a lot more tickets going up, just waiting on that Salvador Quarter Final - hoping one goes up for sale.

Quite surprised Gomez didn't get in the Germany squad, even if he's been injured a lot. They're not exactly blessed with options up front.

Wonder if they'll risk starting Khedira after so long out, or whether they'll play it safe with Bender & Schweinsteiger. Mind you Bender hasn't exactly had a very good season himself.

Nice! Are you going to head up north east or stay down south? I'll definitely check that out, I'm there for a few weeks!

There are still tickets available by the way - 11:30am - 12pm every day there seem to be a lot more tickets going up, just waiting on that Salvador Quarter Final - hoping one goes up for sale.

I suspect I'll be staying down south, trying to get some tickets for the games in Sao Paulo but not having much luck. For some reason, we left it to my mate who lives in Brazil to sort it all out, thinking he'd get priority tickets or know the right person to bribe. A wildly unsuccessful strategy.

Roy to announce his squad at 2pm

We know that Ashley Cole is not going & I expect a few more surprises.

Rumours on Sky Sports Keepers are Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Fraser Forster and Rickie Lambert is likely to be named as one the strikers

The Strikers are going to be difficult to call with Rooney, Sturridge & Lambert the only certs I think. Has Welbeck done enough?

The advantage of taking Welbeck (similar to Jones) is that they can cover a few different positions. If England need to create opportunities you would argue he is a better option than Lambert but I know who I would bet on to put it away so it's a difficult call.

Sky now reporting that Lampard is confirmed for the squad, experience is good to have in the squad but who is going to miss out?

I've got this horrible feeling we're going to be really in the shit defensively if our fullbacks are going to be Baines and Johnson. Cahill and Jagielka are going to be very busy.

Can Sterling play on the right so we can leave the trio of Townsend, Lennon and Walker at home but we seem to be short of options with Walcott out.

I reckon leaving Ash out if going to be seen as a BIG mistake come the end.

Quite happy with that squad. Few players like Adam Johnson, Ashley Young and Lennon must be kicking themselves for shit seasons, they had every chance with Walcott being out.

He must be thinking Smalling and Jones are good cover with 7 defenders.

Glad Lambert is in there.

Could have been worse. Right back is a huge weak spot, especially as protection from the midfield is not likely to be great.

I'd have Barry in there over Lampard/Carrick, and Stones over Smalling (don't care that he can cover RB badly tbh). Also while Baines is a good player, I still think he's only the fourth-best English left-back.

Could have been worse. Right back is a huge weak spot, especially as protection from the midfield is not likely to be great.

I'd have Barry in there over Lampard/Carrick, and Stones over Smalling (don't care that he can cover RB badly tbh). Also while Baines is a good player, I still think he's only the fourth-best English left-back.

Agree about Barry & surprised he is not even on the standby list.

No real surprises.

I'd like us to play 4-2-3-1 with the obvious defence, Gerrard and Henderson CDM's. Sterling, Barclay, Lallana as the 3 and Sturridge up top.

Whatever we play though, I just want us to actually try and play without fear for once. I am fed up of seeing England shit themselves and progressively get pushed further and further back. I want us to play with some freedom and some belief. And if we get beaten in the process then so be it.