rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

Ok it was an average performance we had a few chances but could not finish them off.

It's a friendly he was not playing his starting 11.

GK Hart, Foster & maybe Butland

Def Baines, Cahill, Cole, Jagielka, Johnson, Jones, Walker & one other?

Mid Gerrard, Carrick, Wilshere, Henderson, Barkley, Lampard, Lallana & ?

Fwd Rooney, Sturridge, Sterling, Townsend,

So he didn't play his starting 11 and weren't great, but he pretty much played your starting 11?

Almost the defence would have been Baines, Cahill, Jagielka & maybe Walker/Johnson

Mid Sterling, Gerard, Lallana, Townsend/Not sure how long Walcott is injured for?

Up front Sturridge with Rooney playing behind

4,4,1,1 Formation

I thought we looked ok going forward yesterday created a few chances, defensively Roy needs to start playing his regular four so they can gel.

We're going to win it :)

Seriously, we don't have a chance I hope he takes a bunch of youngsters to give them the experience for Euro 2016 & you never know they might pull off a few surprises like the young germans and get us to the second round.

Townsend over Oxlade-Chamberlain? :unsure:

I think the latter could do a much better job in the commentary box.

As an aside I am most excited for THE WORLD CUP STICKER BOOK! I completed mine last time, at great expense - swapping with other forumites too. I also went and bought an entire BOX of stickers at WH Smiths. Best £50 I'd ever spent. 100 packs!! Cannot wait to do it again this year!

The only sad thing about that (really!) - Beckham was a sticker in the book... :(

For 2014 I predict a LOT of swaps for Glen Johnson.

They both had matches where they have played well but nothing on a continuous level.

Roy seems to like them both so they'll probably both be on the plane.

Actually both have not featured much for their respective teams.

Chamberlain was injured for the first half of the season but has made a few appearances since returning to fitness and has mostly performed well

I think the latter could do a much better job in the commentary box.

As an aside I am most excited for THE WORLD CUP STICKER BOOK! I completed mine last time, at great expense - swapping with other forumites too. I also went and bought an entire BOX of stickers at WH Smiths. Best £50 I'd ever spent. 100 packs!! Cannot wait to do it again this year!

The only sad thing about that (really!) - Beckham was a sticker in the book... :(

For 2014 I predict a LOT of swaps for Glen Johnson.

Isn't that losing the point of collecting them just buying 100 packets? I remember I used to compromise on my dinner and bus money my mum give me ti get a few packets but it lasted months to collect them, think they were 25p then so they've gone up 100%! damn Tories

We can draw with Italy.

If Lugano plays for Uruguay then we will be fine.

Costa Rica is a must win.

Going back through the FIFA rankings, England were ranked 24th going into Euro 96!

That was probably due to not playing any competitive games, ie qualifiers.

That was probably due to not playing any competitive games, ie qualifiers.

i'm not sure it was just down to that. the run-up consisted of the disastrous Euro 92 campaign, when Brolin knocked us out, and the failure to qualify for USA 94. Graham Taylor's reign, basically.

Has Lucas Moura had a bad season at PSG? I thought for sure he'd be in the squad. Also, Fred and Jo? They really needed Diego Costa...

Isn't that losing the point of collecting them just buying 100 packets? I remember I used to compromise on my dinner and bus money my mum give me ti get a few packets but it lasted months to collect them, think they were 25p then so they've gone up 100%! damn Tories

You can get packs of five in Asda for £2.... :)

Both my daughters are colecting these, despite having no interest in football at all! :) I've already spent £20....

Just over a month.. really can't wait. I have these tickets:

Uruguay v Costa Rica

Germany v Ghana

Croatia v Mexico

Bosnia v Iran

1H v 2G

I also have 1B v 2A (Spain Brazil? Netherlands Mexico?) but I can't make it since it's not in the direction I'm heading (and flights are too pricey to back-track).

Anyone else going? I'm going to be in Fortaleza a couple of weeks (going to Brazil on the 21st of May) then Recife for a couple of nights (tight schedule) then Salvador for a month.

Has Lucas Moura had a bad season at PSG? I thought for sure he'd be in the squad. Also, Fred and Jo? They really needed Diego Costa...

Diego Costa is a Spanish international now. Turned his back on his homeland etc.

Anyone else going? I'm going to be in Fortaleza a couple of weeks (going to Brazil on the 21st of May) then Recife for a couple of nights (tight schedule) then Salvador for a month.

Me! I've got tickets for England v Costa Rica but not sure about any others. Bit of a fuck up really but it's a long (and dull) story.

I'll be in Braganca Paulista, near Sao Paulo as that's where my mate lives. I've been to Fortaleza (lovely, go to Combuco if you get the chance, fantastic beaches/scenery) but my overriding memory of it was getting food poisoning and spending two days furiously firing jets of brown water out of my arse while puking simultaneously. Avoid cream based sauces or anything left out in the open (ketchup/sauce pots on tables.)

Fred scored 9 last year for Brazil and Jo 5 whilst usually being his sub, they're hardly slacking off. If anyone is in their preferred starting line it's Hulk.

German Squad announced

Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Roman Weidenfeller (Borussia Dortmund), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover)

Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Erik Durm (Borussia Dortmund), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Howedes (Schalke), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal), Shkodran Mustafi (Sampdoria), Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund).

Midfielders: Lars Bender (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Leon Goretzka (Schalke), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Andre Hahn (Augsburg), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Max Meyer (Schalke), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Andre Schurrle (Chelsea), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich).

Attackers: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim)