rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

Glad the BBC Pundits are agreeing that Messi wasn't player of tournament. For me, it was Rodriguez.

Feel sorry for Marko Reus. Imagine your country winning when you were set to play for them before getting injured.

I bet Chiles isn't over on ITV ;)

I'd have gone with Rodriguez. Especially considering the 'lesser' team he was playing for. I'd also have Muller and Neuer up there (could Neuer have won it?). Maybe Sanchez too.

They're all agreeing that Messi didn't deserve it!

Well that's because he didn't. I disagree with Shearer, too - even if he had scored the winner he wouldn't have been the best player. Agree with Rodriguez as the star (as I said last week).

You certainly are - they finished bottom of their group (with us in 3rd).

Edit: Oh, did you mean the 2002 WC?

You're talking of Euro 2000. He's talking of World Cup 2002 where they bounced back from Euro 2000 and 5-1 loss in qualification to lose in the final only to a fantastic Brazil.

It wasn't a kneejerk reaction to the 5-1, the wheels were already in motion after their dismal (even worse than England) performance at Euro 2000.

Anyway yeah Germany were my picks at the beginning of the tournament, they are by far the most well rounded team so I'm glad they won.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Sharkenergy. Oh well!.

+1 anyway :D

Vickery is such a good and knowledgeable speaker. Lovely to listen to his insight.

Rio knows ghetto. He's been to my house...

(he used to go out with a friend of my sister)

It wasn't a kneejerk reaction to the 5-1, the wheels were already in motion after their dismal (even worse than England) performance at Euro 2000.

In that case, maybe we can claim that England's 1-0 victory over them in Euro 2000 helped contribute to their revival? :P

• Upvote 1

Gary Lineker just thanks Alan Hansen (retiring) and also said its been great working with you - and with you too Alan (Shearer) and didn't thank Rio. So is Shearer heading off to work with Chiles on ITV? Please hahaha.

Bit weird that the trophies were so Adidas-sponsored. So yeah, Messi, their biggest face, he wins one of them despite being a disappointing reminder of what he can really be throughout the tournament. Hmm.

Maybe a bit too conspiracy-theorised. I like that Fox had to get a PED comment in though - maybe the checking at the WC is more stringent so he's off them so that is why? But sheesh, even when he's bad you still push that line?,

Yeah, not understanding Messi getting player of the tournament. Mueller or Rodriguez deserved that. Hell anyone from the German team would have been more worthy. Or Mascherano. And I'm a Messi fan.

Really good tournament overall with a deserving winner.

I didn't watch much of Match of the Day during the season, but when did Guy Mowbray become the lead commentator? I don't mind, I like him, but it was Pearce at the Euros.

And this montage is making me sad :(

Fuck me I really do love the World Cup and this one has been outstanding. On to Russia.

In Russia, the World Cup wins you.

Messi, player of the tournament? Really?

bN3OYlY.jpg

It's almost as if the sponsors of the award had a vested interest in giving it to a man they pay a small fortune to represent their brand every year, isn't it?

• Upvote 2

You are remembering correctly - they qualified and made the final.

Edited After the 5-1 defeat, I mean.

Thought so. Pretty funny really when you think how much we make of that win.

Anyway this tournament has had everything hasn't it, absolutely brilliant. Team of the tournament for me were still Chile, loved watching them play.

Honda goal not even in that extended highlight montage. I bet they didn't watch the game because it was a 2am kick-off. Bastards.

Honda goal not even in that extended highlight montage. I bet they didn't watch the game because it was a 2am kick-off. Bastards.

It was a good game, too. Seems so long ago! 7 games over that Saturday/Sunday and I saw them all. Happier times.

Robben best player for me.

Pogba won the young player award? That's far more undeserved than Messi!

or more than likely loads of accounts setup with different outcomes then the name changed after the result

Yes, seems like the sort of thing that would be easy to auto-generate.

If it had a coherent English language username and 9800 followers before the start of the match, it might be more plausible...

Well, there goes my sleep for the night. Living in the red light district if Frankfurt, my night will be filled with fireworks, honking card and shouting drunks.

Marcel you should be out there and enjoying the atmosphere! :)

Been a great world cup, the kick off times being fairly work friendly has definitely helped.

Yes, seems like the sort of thing that would be easy to auto-generate.If it had a coherent English language username and 9800 followers before the start of the match, it might be more plausible...

Tweet a load of outcomes then delete those that don't come off.....

BQjqhpB.jpg

It was a good game, too. Seems so long ago! 7 games over that Saturday/Sunday and I saw them all. Happier times.

It was a good game by knock-out standards, but it took ages to get going. Basically when Drogba came on. It's terrifying, really, to be able to remember that after so many games.

In the end I managed 61/64 games, due to having to run a charity quiz on the last day of Group G/Group H and ended up watching Germany/USA on my phone at the drinks reception, phone balanced between nibbles. I think my favourite game was USA/Belgium, even if just for the extra time. Probably the game that no-one really expected much from, Algeria/South Korea was the most satisfying viewing, that was a cracker. Costa Rica were amazing, their win over Uruguay was another possibility for my favourite game for the result even if it was a little scruffy. Germany were the team of the tournament, but Colombia ran them close until Brazil kicked them all over the pitch.

Good stuff, all in all.

I have no idea what I do with my life now.

• Upvote 1

What are we going to do now for the next 30 odd days till the new footie season kicks off?

Withdrawal symptoms already.

• Upvote 1