rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

@DMReporter

SPORT: Fifa offers Argentina the World Cup trophy in exchange for ‘a small donation towards a few private projects.’

I think England deserve an assist for this World Cup win for beating Germany 5-1. Shame we didn't notice how much of a favour we were doing.

Shame we can't reorganise and learn the way they did! Like how no one in the bbc studio is mentioning that particular bull in the room.

Anyway chuffed Germany won, totally deserved. They have a awesome team and one with such depth too. Frightening but then they always do well don't they!

Can only assume someone misread it and assumed the golden ball is for best player IN the tournament, rather than of it.

Bum licking of Messi has to stop. No way did he deserve that golden ball.

And understandably, he looks like he'd rather anyone else in the world had won it instead.

8 hours after they've won the world cup and after the world has spent most of that watching a sad Messi - Germany finally go to get the trophy.

This presentation is so drawn out and painful, and yet I'm still watching it.

German third choice keeper goes from on loan at Northampton Town to World Cup winner in five years.

I was texting my mate that messi looks arrogant walking away from his team mates and not standing with them.

Then all of a sudden he's golden ball winner?!?!? Most of the German lads would be better suited than him.

Shame we can't reorganise and learn the way they did! Like how no one in the bbc studio is mentioning that particular bull in the room.

Anyway chuffed Germany won, totally deserved. They have a awesome team and one with such depth too. Frightening but then they always do well don't they!

The funny part is though that us English think that it was our triumphant 5-1 win that triggered the reboot - but it was their shite performance at Euro 2000 that did (such is our arrogance of course)

• Upvote 2

Not a bad way for Klose to sign-off his international career - top goalscorer ever in finals and a winner's medal.

Ha, what an awful handing-over of the trophy! The President looked like she'd rather be anywhere else by the way she passed that on!

Who the fuck was that woman in the green that couldn't give 2 fucks about presenting the trophy. I hate Blatter handing the trophy over too, he always make a meal of it.

It wasn't a kneejerk reaction to the 5-1, the wheels were already in motion after their dismal (even worse than England) performance at Euro 2000.

Anyway yeah Germany were my picks at the beginning of the tournament, they are by far the most well rounded team so I'm glad they won.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Sharkenergy. Oh well!.

• Upvote 2

The funny part is though that us English think that it was our triumphant 5-1 win that triggered the reboot - but it was their shite performance at Euro 2000 that did (such is our arrogance of course)

Yeah didn't they still end up qualifying for the competition and then end up going further than us in it? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Yeah didn't they still end up qualifying for the competition and then end up going further than us in it? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

You certainly are - they finished bottom of their group (with us in 3rd).

Edit: Oh, did you mean the 2002 WC?

You are remembering correctly - they qualified and made the final.

Edited After the 5-1 defeat, I mean.