rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

Uruguay aren't amazing though. Defence and midfield aren't really up to the standard of the attack. Still probably better than England though.

They have Suarez though and if he's on his game, the rest of the team doesn't really matter.

Erm, you guys know that Uruguay finished 5th in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, narrowly scraping past Costa Rica in a play off, right?

Erm, you guys know that Uruguay finished 5th in qualifying for the 2010 World Cup, narrowly scraping past Costa Rica in a play off, right?

So what you're saying is Costa Rica will be out for revenge, thus allowing England to luck themselves into the second round? ;)

Going into the draw we knew we'd face a seeded team and/or a strong team from outside Europe. Of all the combinations it could have been, this is definitely not the worst. Still, Italy are more creative than us, Uruguay score a lot and Costa Rica have upset European teams before. Hodgson is going to have to pray that his players are fit and ready.

Looking at group C at least it means if we do get out of the group and quarter final place should not be impossible. Although Colombia are a very very good team presently.

http://news.sky.com/story/1179192/world-cup-englands-opening-game-is-moved

England's first game has been moved. After pressure from broadcasters, it's now kicking off at 11PM UK time. Which means it will be even warmer for the players. But at least the broadcasters interests have been looked after.

Won't someone think of the international television market??

Don't be silly

I'm a Liverpool fan, I've seen it happen a various occasions ;) Besides I wasn't being serious. But if he's on fire and the rest of the team are playing average, he can still change the game massively in their favour. He's that good.

If they've changed the game so it's easier to watch in the UK I'm pleased. Both teams have to deal with the same conditions so it's fair game.

Additional time-out water breaks have been proposed which seem like a sensible idea.

Is there a spreadsheet with fixtures and times (hopefully in BST) knocking about?

Lots of fake ones but not found anything genuine yet, when I do will add to the first post.

• Upvote 1

I'm going! Ticket was booked pre-qualification on the basis that I'd still have a great time regardless. I'll be based in Sao Paulo so hoping to get to see the England v Uruguay game, any others are a bonus. I always said I'd go to a World Cup and Brazil was just too tempting.

So who's going to take Suarez out on the last game of the season?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've been working out the time off I need to book from work for the England games.

First match is a Saturday 14 June 2014

England v Italy, Arena Amazonia, Manaus, 23:00 (BBC)
Next is the big one
Thursday 19 June 2014
Uruguay v England , Arena de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, 20:00 (ITV)
Then comes the first holiday, I will be booking the afternoon off
Tuesday 24 June 2014
Costa Rica v England, Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte, 17:00 (ITV)
If we win the group we play on Sunday 29th June at 9pm
If we finish second then we play Saturday 28th June at 9pm.
Assuming we get pass the second round we have a QF on 4th or 5th July at 9pm
Then semi-final & final are all 9pm Kick Offs.
So I only need to book off the one afternoon to watch all the England games. The other matches I will will most likely miss the 5pm kick offs but will certainly watch the 8/9PM matches.