Shenmue III - PS4/PC | Out Now!

Revival

Maybe we should just have a Shenmue, Half Life 3, CBFD 2 all in one thread.

Yeah, two legendary sequels that the world is desperate for fit well with a sequel to an overrated N64 game that nobody asked for or cares about.

Yeah, two legendary sequels that the world is desperate for fit well with a sequel to an overrated N64 game that nobody asked for or cares about.

That's funny, I thought the Half-Lifes didn't come out on N64!

I jest, of course.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is rubbish and overrated too.

Maybe we should just have a Shenmue, Half Life 3, CBFD 2 all in one thread.

The reason why people lust over the potential of a sequel to the Half-Life or Shenmue series' -

• Both games have strong narratives with wonderfully constructed arcs moving towards a momentous pay-off of a crescendo.
  • This final-part was never delivered, with the final (so far..) series installment ending on a motherfucker of a cliff hanger, leaving fans with blue-balls.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is a shit game that no one wants a sequel to, with maybe the exception of the Neogaf crowd who only ever crave sequels to games they've already played.

A totally conservative mindset, and geared up to rip any actual sequel to shreds if it didn't deliver what they've pre-conceived in their heads already.

Can't believe the amount of Conker haters :( It was amazing, especially considering it's the N64 that managed it. Scripts great, awesome setpieces, singing poo!

It's the Xbox version you need to steer away from, it's censored.

I rated CBFD higher than Banjo-Tooie, which came out at pretty much the same time.

It doesn't 'need' a sequel unlike Shenmue, though. It told it's tale, so to speak. Though of course who knows what old Rare had plans for.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is a shit game that no one wants a sequel to, with maybe the exception of the Neogaf crowd who only ever crave sequels to games they've already played.

Why would you crave sequels to games you've never played? Wouldn't you just play the game instead?

Can't believe the amount of Conker haters :( It was amazing, especially considering it's the N64 that managed it. Scripts great, awesome setpieces, singing poo!

It's the Xbox version you need to steer away from, it's censored.

I rated CBFD higher than Banjo-Tooie, which came out at pretty much the same time.

It doesn't 'need' a sequel unlike Shenmue, though. It told it's tale, so to speak. Though of course who knows what old Rare had plans for.

Same. :/

Squeezed every last drop of power from the N64; fun game, great score, just an enjoyable experience.

I probably associate it with Shenmue a bit as me and my mate used to swap consoles at the time so I played Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, and he played Perfect Dark, CBFD and Jet Force. Good times. :)

But some would prefer the original classic artwork for many titles. Just see what happens in the movie folder when they release yet another Robocop or whatever which has new artwork instead of the classic images from posters.

But some would prefer the original classic artwork for many titles. Just see what happens in the movie folder when they release yet another Robocop or whatever which has new artwork instead of the classic images from posters.

Japanese OSTs usually go with original artwork, I've already got the Shenmue soundtracks on CD and don't really think much of the actual OST TBH, it was all about the special orchestral soundtrack, now that was a special release and reveals just how far advanced the planning for the series was as it came out over 8 months before the first game but has music from both games included (or you could say it was a late release for the original canned Saturn version which featured locations from both of the DC games).

Though Yuzo Kushiro's OSTs don't have a particularly great track record for their CD cover art to be fair, so this is sort of an improvement I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...