IGNORED

Shenmue III - PS4/PC | Out Now!

Revival

“This is Ryo. That’s his dad on the floor getting beaten to death by Lan Di, the guy in the green coat. Ryo’s sworn to avenge his dad and has travelled from his home in Japan to Hong Kong, and now to somewhere in China, where he’s met some cool peasant girl called Shenhua and some weird shit just happened. Now it’s time to find Lan Di once and for all and FUCK HIM UP. Get to it (but don’t forget to race some ducks too while you’re at it).”

Like, that’s all they need imo.

18 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Kickstarter people - Is the Shenmue III physical looking exactly the same as a retail copy then? It's been that long that mine is getting delivered to parent's address so considering the retail switch-a-roo

Same as retail yeah (including the usual PS4 gubbins on the back), with a slim cardboard slip. Not worth holding out for.

cIMG_0630.jpeg

I don't think there has ever been a game that I really couldn't care what the reviewers think. I think it's bound to get very middling reviews - metacritic under 70% I reckon.

But yeah, totally expecting the pitchforks to be out and screams of BIAS.

Played around 3 hours upto yet, awesome stuff.  Yu has done this game justice by staying faithful to 1 &2, whilst bringing upto date. All i will say is fans wont be disappointed by what i`ve played.

Also I went for ps4 version and had played trial version of pc maxed.  Visually doesn`t seem to be anything in it other than ps4 framerate, which hovers between 30 and 60fps.

30 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

Tomorrow's only an hour away in Japan!  Can I have my code then pls!

If it was me personally giving them out of course you can. :lol: I suspect you will have them shortly though - Yu want want to keep Japan waiting surely?

9 minutes ago, Hodge said:

Played around 3 hours upto yet, awesome stuff.  Yu has done this game justice by staying faithful to 1 &2, whilst bringing upto date. All i will say is fans wont be disappointed by what i`ve played.

Also I went for ps4 version and had played trial version of pc maxed.  Visually doesn`t seem to be anything in it other than ps4 framerate, which hovers between 30 and 60fps.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Benny said:

ARGH GOD DAMN YOU ALL HAVING IT TODAY

Sorry, getting a little emotional...

If it's any consolation, I have it here but won't get to play it until Wednesday at the earliest. Bloody real life getting in the way of virtual forklift racing.

1 hour ago, Joystick Chevron said:

“This is Ryo. That’s his dad on the floor getting beaten to death by Lan Di, the guy in the green coat. Ryo’s sworn to avenge his dad and has travelled from his home in Japan to Hong Kong, and now to somewhere in China, where he’s met some cool peasant girl called Shenhua and some weird shit just happened. Now it’s time to find Lan Di once and for all and FUCK HIM UP. Get to it (but don’t forget to race some ducks too while you’re at it).”

Like, that’s all they need imo.

Fair.

It’s been said before, but Yu really spent a lot of time not saying much with this story so far :lol:

5 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Yikes, if it makes a PS4 Pro's fans go berserk, I dread to think what it'll do to my humble vanilla PS4...

Probably much less. I think Pros have a tendency to make much more noise than standard PS4s.

I think it's running at an uncapped framerate, which is causing it to go nuts in cutscenes in particular. To be honest I'd prefer a 30fps cap, it's a bit too variable for my liking as it stands, so maybe it's something they'll patch in at some point. My Pro is a noisy beast at the best of times so it might be that others find this more bearable than I do.

One other oddity is that trophies don't appear to be live yet - I don't know if you can earn them in the game, but the PS4 tells you that there are no trophies if you check on the dashboard.

42 minutes ago, Joystick Chevron said:

Yikes, if it makes a PS4 Pro's fans go berserk, I dread to think what it'll do to my humble vanilla PS4...

My vanilla PS4’s fans were definitely ramped up. It’s the loudest I’ve heard them go since I opened the system up and cleaned the fans/replaced thermal paste. Think it was mainly the cutscenes triggering it.

My copy has arrived apparently. I won’t be able to get at it until the weekend though as I had it sent to a different address (forgot to change it).

Dunno whether I should go through 1&2 again before I play it - the last time was on DC. I’m assuming saves aren’t transferable from the HD versions?