rllmuk
Revival

Shenmue III - PS4/PC | Out Now!

As my previous post on here, absolutely delighted to hear Yu Suzuki got life time achievement award.  It is deserved, because unlike alot of other developers Yu was into the hardware as much as the software side and had alot of input developing Segas model 1,2,3 boards as well as Dreamcast.  He pushed 3D graphics to where they are today and was a pleasure living through the 80s and 90`s visiting the arcades and seeing what Am2 could deliver.  Then going back home and wishing one day we will get arcade PERFECT ports at  home :D 

Just noticed Shenmue 3 has shipped aswell, fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Timestamped video of the award above.

Worth watching as it's presented to him by someone who posts on this very forum....

And for the bit after the presentation too! Thanks for sharing...

Just pondering over where to get this at the moment PC or PS4.... have the first two on Steam on the PC.

AM2 we're arcade gods to me when growing up. Sega and AM2 are what made the arcades so special always impressive and the must see/play machines. They literally made the arcades for me. 

Also the reason why I preferred Saturn over the PS back in the day. Sega Rally in particular was such a great game.... easy to pick up but loved just racing around shaving time off... :) Happy days.....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MattyP said:

AM2 we're arcade gods to me when growing up. Sega and AM2 are what made the arcades so special always impressive and the must see/play machines. They literally made the arcades for me. 

Absolutely.

Even their logo embodies 90s arcade games imo.

Sega_AM2_logo.png

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Sega Rally was by AM3, not AM2! :quote:

I know and not a Yu Suzuki game either. I was just commenting about Sega racing games in general.... Wish Sega would do a straight arcade perfect port of this to the current gen consoles.(less car branding if it causes licensing issues)....

Anyway apologies for the slight thread derail. Really looking forward to Shenmue 3 next week! Now there is a sentence I never thought I'd be typing  :)

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Mine has been dispatched too. I wonder if there’s any chance of it arriving tomorrow? I’m going to go and buy a can of knock-off Cola from a vending machine to celebrate. 

They’re being sent by the same company that sent Bloodstained to the Kickstarter backers. They used the Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service. So don’t get your hopes up.

On 13/11/2019 at 18:34, Down by Law said:

Launch Trailer!

No story spoilers.

It looks amazing, Yu Suzuki has worked miracles with his budget.

Lan Di and Niao Sun in particular look amazing

Some nice nods to Virtua Fighter in there too :)

The voice acting is very Shenmue. I’ll be playing this with Japanese voices.

Well mine has been dispatched. 

Watching that launch trailer made me do a laugh. This game is going to be fucking shit and I can't wait. :D

• Upvote 1

Still playing Death Stranding. Think I'll save this to play in two weeks when I'll be at home for a few days recovering from a vasectomy. Somehow it seems quite fitting to use that time to play Shenmue 3.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Years between when Shenmue was set and when it was released: 13

Years between when it was released and now: 20

I feel fucking old. And I'm still as excited as a school boy at Christmas.

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

They’re being sent by the same company that sent Bloodstained to the Kickstarter backers. They used the Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service. So don’t get your hopes up.

Do you know what the customs situation with this is going to be? As technically it would be over the threshold if sent from America.

27 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Do you know what the customs situation with this is going to be? As technically it would be over the threshold if sent from America.

If you're in the UK, it's being distributed by a company called Spiral Galaxy, who are UK-based themselves.

Is this going to be the case for all the higher physical reward tier items too? As that is my primary concern when I found out they'd got a foreign company to fulfill the backer rewards, paying £50+ of customs charges wasn't something I had ever thought about.

I suppose I should confirm my details then and get my copy sent out, though the thought crossed my mind that they'd somehow manage to fuck up the initial pressing and it would be prudent to wait to see an all clear before getting it sent out :P

20 minutes ago, mushashi said:

If you ordered the European version you’ll get it sent from the U.K. If you ordered the American version it’ll be sent from the US so if you don’t live in the US then expect to pay import duties.

My Kickstarter copy has been shipped but I'm not touching it until Christmas. I've waited 18 years for the next entry in the Shenmue series so I can wait another few weeks.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, mushashi said:

Is this going to be the case for all the higher physical reward tier items too? As that is my primary concern when I found out they'd got a foreign company to fulfill the backer rewards, paying £50+ of customs charges wasn't something I had ever thought about.

I suppose I should confirm my details then and get my copy sent out, though the thought crossed my mind that they'd somehow manage to fuck up the initial pressing and it would be prudent to wait to see an all clear before getting it sent out :P

Sorry, I wouldn't know as I backed the game only. I've read that the physical items are being sent separately but not where they're being sent from.

1 hour ago, pastry said:

52A4430E-6154-4A88-9C80-FCE45E5F40ED.thumb.jpeg.c3e592cf95f263f1c0cc2d0ea5117c72.jpeg

Yes!!

However I’m only up to forklift driving in Shenmue and have the entirety of 2 to revisit.. not sure I’ll do that by Monday!

Same here. I'm going to take my time with 2 and enjoy another Shenmue Christmas.

Just had an email with instructions on how to use the backer code but no actual code. I binned the demo one when they sent it out and not sure where it even came from... have I lost it?