rllmuk
Revival

Shenmue III - PS4/PC | Out Now!

People queuing for Yu Suzuki signing:

ECa9sZxXUAAOjja?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ECa-_N7XUAIaY5f?format=jpg&name=4096x409

ECa_As7WkAEoDn3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Courtesy of ShenmueDojo :)

Cam version of the upcoming trailer in spoiler if you would prefer to wait for direct feed  (I would!)

Spoiler

Amusing swag :

69208019_2489593911276677_51543496816685

• Upvote 9

I'm glad they kept the vibrant colours, it looks like a modern AM2 game. It's great to see a built up area as all we've seen is rural stuff so far. I'm really impressed. The mechnical arcade games are a really nice touch. I'll miss the Sega games but the Afterburner theme is confirmed in (when you're chopping wood well - genius  :lol:) and there's pictures of Space Harrier and Virtua Fighter in the Bailu arcade, so who knows? Maybe they are keeping some surprises back.

Less than 3 months to go before Shenmue III is a reality !  :omg:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Less than 3 months to go before Shenmue III is a reality !  :omg:

Spoiler

:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

But seriously...

Spoiler

:omg:

• Upvote 1

I dived back into 2 this weekend just past!

I have never seen 2 people make such hard work of a job as Ryo and Delin moving a few crates from one end of a room to another. 

• Upvote 8

I smashed Shenmue 1 in 11 hours last month or so, managed across maybe 4 or 5 sessions with it. Don’t be daunted by the perceived / half-remembered epicness. It’s actually a easily digestible enough wee game by modern standards.

(Can anyone remember / confirm if 2 is similar? :unsure:)

• Upvote 1

Those times look doable by the time 3 comes out.    Everytime since it came out on the DC I think I stopped playing the first before the end and only ever did a couple of hours of the 2nd on the Xbox (much to my shame).  Time to put that right. 

50 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Maybe I’m tripping. Could well have been 21 hours. Fuck, I dunno. I dicked about plenty, like.

Took me about 15 a few months back.

Started playing the first one last week and it has dated rather badly. Tank controls and clumsy mechanics (The voice acting is also up there with Resi Evil 1).

I remember being amazed when it came out on the Dreamcast, wandering around a semi open world, able to go into shops, arcades and do jobs. Felt proper next gen.

I put many hours into it but I didn't finish it, think I just had enough after a while and couldn't be bothered with seeing out the story. I also hated the quick time events with a passion, often failing them as I just wasn't quick enough.

It's funny, for such a "legendary" game series I am, personally, not feeling the excitement for this mythical third and final game finally coming out. I will wait to see what the reactions are like here before buying which also gives me time to complete the first two (never played the second one).

Third and final? Didn’t Yu Suzuki double down on his commitment to the original vision and the many volumes it would take to tell the whole story?

Yeah it's not the final game. He's said he can finish it in 5, but if 3 is not a success he will continue the story by alternate means i.e manga. 

Here's the best photo on the Internet today.

ECfhSVLXoAAkl9V?format=jpg&name=large

Brilliant! 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Popo said:

I dived back into 2 this weekend just past!

I have never seen 2 people make such hard work of a job as Ryo and Delin moving a few crates from one end of a room to another. 

UGH HUH! 

UGH HUH! 

WE'RE PUTTING IT DOWN! 

I knew Yu wouldn`t let us down. Even after all the bad press and negativity toward Shenmue 3 I still had faith he would pull it of. Best $100 I`ve spent!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

Yeah it's not the final game. He's said he can finish it in 5, but if 3 is not a success he will continue the story by alternate means i.e manga. 

Here's the best photo on the Internet today.

ECfhSVLXoAAkl9V?format=jpg&name=large

Brilliant! 

Ha, I always assumed it was meant to be a trilogy of sorts (and one that was never going to be finished).

I wonder, if the sales of 3 are strong enough, would someone like Sega be willing to fund further sequels?

68720186_10157257813335803_8890051118344

Shenmue III tops IGN Japan upcoming releases poll. . (the other two games are Links Awakening and Sakura Wars)

14 hours ago, deKay said:

Well Sony funded this one so sure.

Apart from the E3 marketing, since Deep Silver took over publishing duties I would say they have contributed very little. Look at Death Stranding's Sony-funded budget vs Shenmue III. I bet those actors licenses dwarf the S3 budget alone

So I picked up my Shenmue 1 save last night and headed out of town to the

Spoiler

Warehouse district

and eventually managed to

Spoiler

break into old Warehouse Number 8 with the help of the tramp giving me some directions

I think I got about this far years ago as I don't remember much else - Am I pretty far in?