Revival

Shenmue III - PS4/PC | 2019

Yes its true, After fourteen years Shenmue III is finally a reality and Yu can back the project now via Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/

There seems to be a lack of transparency in general about the funding of the Shenmue 3 project, During a reddit AMA (ask me anything) last night [20/06/15] Yu Suzuki has stated that the completion of the game is dependent on the final funds gathered from the active kickstarter project.

Suzuki's vision for the game is quite grand but he can only achieve a non barebones game with your help and funding towards it. If you want to see the game as he originally intended please support the Kickstarter and help make the project a success.

• Upvote 7

In that case, I suggest that buying Shenmue 1 may help.

I should have mentioned that I have Shenmue II for Xbox, but I don't think there is a port for Shenmue.

Yay, Shenmue 3 from the creator of Knack.

and

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Has anyone played them recently? How do they hold up? All those loading screens seemed sort of worth it because it was such a huge, detailed, incredible, beautiful world, but I imagine it gets pretty frustrating now that we're in an era of almost seamless open worlds.

And the controller...

I'd love to re-play them, but in truth I'm scared to go back and taint what is one of my fondest videogame related memories.

I should have mentioned that I have Shenmue II for Xbox, but I don't think there is a port for Shenmue.

No, but there is a Dreamcast version! Actually, there's a Dreamcast boxed up in my front room as we speak, which sounds just like what you need to get you on your way. What a fortuitous coincidence :eyebrows:

No, but there is a Dreamcast version! Actually, there's a Dreamcast boxed up in my front room as we speak, which sounds just like what you need to get you on your way. What a fortuitous coincidence :eyebrows:

>.< My brother did get a Dreamcast from his mate for free that I use to play nothing but Power Stone. I'm doubt he still has it but worth a check I guess.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I have one! Didn't see any power cables or conrollers but it's a start!

• Upvote 1

I worry that if they bothered to do this it would be either a massive clusterfuck or it would be a massive commercial and critical let down. I think that the first 2 games, whilst being wonderful, were products of their time and that spending 50 million quid or however much it costs to make number 3 would be very very dangerous.

Well be waiting another decade before Shenmue IV though. and the same length of time for each additional episode. Weren't there supposed to be 24 or so, although they covered chaapters 2-5 in Shenmue II?

I would definitely be owning a PS4 in time for the game's release if it ever does come out, and may call work needing a fortnight off to avenge my father's death.

• Upvote 1

I can't see it really, unless they actually release it in almost the same engine as the other two, they're never going to make a full HD open world GTA V/ Batman AA style Shenmue III.

But just imagine if they did....

I can't see it really, unless they actually release it in almost the same engine as the other two, they're never going to make a full HD open world GTA V/ Batman AA style Shenmue III.

But just imagine if they did....

I much rather stroll at a sedate pace through a few quiet residential areas and maybe a port.

Also, I hope in Shenmue III Ryo is about fifty.