Next-Gen Headset Recommendations

Harsin

I want 2 of these; http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ear-cushions-parts/xp-px-series-ear-cushion/108

and one of this; http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/microphones-parts/foam-mic-windscreen-for-type-a-mic/77

Just cant seem to add them to my basket at all, if i'm getting them there may as well get the lead at same time!

I think their store is borked, try the ebay outlet

Mic foam

Ear Cushions

My TB PS4 chat cable arrived today. They work like a charm.

Cheers to mechamonkey for the amazon link again.

Looking forward to hooking up my PX5s for some Battlefield 4 later. Hopefully somebody will talk to me! See some of you online hopefully.

I've not used my mix amp yet as am playing with the sound through my proper amp. The standard PS4 earbud is really uncomfortable for me though. I've just picked up the basic turtle beach headset from Game as I had some credit to use before they next go under. One set was on the shelf at £19.99 and another identical pair at £17.99 so I picked those. They rang up at the higher price but he knocked the £2 off for me. I hope they are more comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

The TB ps4 chat lead is out of stock everywhere other than scummers on ebay asking for £20 :(

Anyone tried a adaptor that converts the 360 chat cable that i got with my headset and lets you plug it into the ps4 pad, i have ordered one for 30p that is wired properly in theory..... just wondered if anyone has tried it??

I looked into it, and it appears you need to be careful to ensure that the number of poles on adapter match what is needed. The TB 360 cables and headset adapters have three poles (three separate signals, separated by two black bands), wheras the PS4 pad input requires four poles (four separate signals, separated by three black bands).

If you look at the cable photo below you will see what I mean. The left-hand adapter fits in the PS4 pad and the one on the right goes in the XBox 360 headset. The important thing is to be sure that any adapter will convert the three poles from the Xbox 360 headset to the four poles needed for the PS4 pad.

image_476x574_ps4_cable1.jpg

You can always try emailing Turtle Beach as well. They have an online store with the cable out of stock (link), and when I asked about availability in December they got back to me quickly telling me when they would be available again.

The cable is well worth it though, as it basically makes the (probably still very decent) headset you own for the 360 work on the PS4 for a £5 outlay, rather than the substantial cost of buying new headset.

I have ordered one of these;

cellphoneshop_2205_515751605.jpg

and have this;

mQyOB-0HI855pyJM7N9GteA.jpg

The theory being that you convert the lead to put into the PS4 pad bit... It is a 30p experiment (someone on amazon says it works...) and i would just order the TB lead if i could!

Have Sony said when it will be patched to allow voice chat over BT, i assume it will come??

Whats the deal with iphone headphones, I thought they were supposed to work for sound and as a mic?

People can hear me coughing and stuff, but not actual chat?

Work fine for me (Sennheiser PX-100-ii I's, the iPhone variant of the Sennheiser PX-100s).

Work fine for me (Sennheiser PX-100-ii I's, the iPhone variant of the Sennheiser PX-100s).

Weird, mine are the boxed ones from iPhone 5 and work fine with phone but don't seem to work for voice chat on ps4

Weird, mine are the boxed ones from iPhone 5 and work fine with phone but don't seem to work for voice chat on ps4

I think im decided on px4 or px5 ...trying to work out the difference now apart from presets. Seems to be impossible to buy a px5 for ps4. Closest i can see is the px5 for ps3 from argos for 199. Which seems to be what people are all buying adaptors for.

Read the link...ps4 owners...update your headphones to run without a cable. It says there.

1. Download and install the newest version of the Advanced Sound Editor found here.

Note: This software is currently only Windows Compatible. If you are a Mac User, please click here to give us your mailing address and we will send you a PS4 Chat Cable.

2. Select the Advanced Sound Editor Shortcut found on your desktop

3. Connect your Phantom headset via the USB Programming Cable that comes with the headset.

4. The Advanced Sound Editor will automatically notify you that a new version of the firmware is available, select “Ok” both times you are prompted.(Be patient, the update can take a couple minutes, do not disconnect your headset during this process).

Note: If you are not automatically notified, manually go to the “Configuration” tab and select “Restore All”.

5. Once updated, you’ll see a dialog box that says “Restore Completed! Default Factory Settings Restored!”

6. Turn your headset off and back on.

7. Your headset now has a “PS4 Mode”. To switch to this mode hold down the Mode Button until the headset announces “PlayStation 4”. Holding down the Mode Button again will switch back to Xbox360/PS3 Mode.

8. Follow the set-up diagram here.

*Note if you are a Windows user who would rather not use this solution, please click here to give us your mailing address and we will send you a PS4 Chat Cable.

So im confused now...does either the px4 or px5 run without one of these leads on a ps4?

That was my point, no it seems not.

That guide you linked to a couple of times is only on the PX51.

I have the XP400 so same as PX4 and no where does it suggest that update will work.

The Astros are meant to be pretty damned good anyway and it does say on their website

Hey PlayStation fans! ASTRO Gaming headsets are fully compatible with the PlayStation 4 with an update of the 1.50 firmware, which will be available on Launch Day. With the firmware update, ASTRO users of the A30, A40, and A50 product lines will be able to experience Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound and utilize online voice chat. The ASTRO A50 headset will be one of the only fully wireless solutions for the PS4.