Qazimod

Persona 5 | PS3, PS4 | "P5R" announcement coming in March

5 minutes ago, spanx said:

Ok, question. How do I get my social stats up? I’ve gained loads on knowledge points, but no increase. Also don’t seem to be able to get a job to improve them.... because I need higher stats. Confused. 

It takes ages. And loads of points. And if you've just done the first palace, no way will they be going up yet.

Some pointers here, but it takes time

https://uk.ign.com/wikis/persona-5/Social_Stats

Just takes a specific amount of points to increase a level, will take a while. (Tip- in the school quizzes, press the big guide button and it will show you what other people answered)

You can increase stats more by meeting certain conditions (studying when raining, for example, yields a better result). You can also increase these through your social meet-ups, too.

Job opportunities will increase later, and are normally found in the underground section on a noticeboard. Probably don't want to waste too much time on them as you'll get plenty of money elsewhere.

I'm at the point near the end of the game where all my carefully nurtured social linking is baring fruit all at the same time. Within a week I've gone from a nice young man who goes out of his way to help people, to a seedy bigamist who cheats on his high school girlfriend with a goth doctor and his maid/teacher. Now I'm targeting my vulnerable surrogate little sister who was a shut-in until a few months ago and looks up to me as a role model.

• Upvote 8

35 hours spent already!?!!? Jesus, that happened quickly. Time just disappears playing this. 

Just defeated the third palace boss, which was suspiciously easy. Really fun one through, and felt like I was actually making good tactical battle decisions. 

Now or it’s time to try and turn on the charm with Makoto. Or maybe the doctor. Hmmmm....

• Upvote 1

Sale offers:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-PERSONA512345678 - standard edition for £20

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4062-CUSA06638_00-PERSONA5ULTIMATE - ultimate edition* for £30

Offers end January 18th.

*"This special bundle contains: Persona 5, all additional Personas, all special Costumes, Healing Item Set, Skill Card Set, Japanese Audio Track, New Difficulty Level (Merciless)"

...aaaand that's the final boss. This is the only game I've been playing for the last six weeks, and that's after resuming a year-old 35 hour save. Total playtime is 101 hours, plus whatever is left after the boss.

One of the games of the generation, no doubt.

• Upvote 3

Yay announcement announcement.

They did always say they wouldn't do an enhanced version of P5 though, because they made the game they wanted to make. Plus it's not like there's content to put into any kind of GOTY version, unless you count a shitload of costume DLC. That leads me to believe it's a Switch port more than a Playstation re-release.

Or... it actually is extra content in the form of DLC. Which also makes no sense.

Could well be a Switch announcement at some point, but the Playstation logo flashes up at the start of the video, so it something for the PS market as well. Who bloody knows. Atlus know how to tease. 

Well bollocks, I dunno. You wouldn’t announce your Switch port with a PlayStation logo and no Switch logo, and if they said no to enhanced editions it might be a side-story or something? Persona 5 Gaiden? :P 

Yeah, it does seem a bit weird but games like Crash Racing were announced with a PS logo and were multi platform. It might just be wishful thinking by Switch owners tbh, though I would be surprised if anyone who really wanted to play P5 had not got a PS4 to do it, as a main Persona game has never appeared on a non Sony console, even the enhanced versions. People were talking about Joker being in Smash, but they could have put him in to generate some buzz for Q2 which concentrates on the P5 scooby gang. 

I'm not precious about it just being on a Sony console though, the more people who get to play the game the better place the world will be, but I'll like whatever it is to be on PS4 as well. Can't justify buying a Switch with a PS4, Vita and 2DS XL currently in action, but I don't want to miss any Persona goodness

Background screens were saying "New Projects" before they switched to 2019.3. But yeah, nothing there to give even the slightest clue. Has someone translated the voiceover yet?

Rather than teasing one new thing, it could just be building up to a blowout of new side-project announcements - if you head back to page one you'll remember that they dedicated a livestream to P4AU, PQ, P4D and P5, so this may be teasing a similar event. Also - something not brought up in this thread - Atlus recently registered a bunch of P5-sounding domains:

Persona5R.JP
P5S.JP
Persona5S.JP
Persona5M.JP
P5M.JP
P5B.JP
Persona5B.JP

All speculation of course, but worth keeping in mind. Personally I could go for a new ArcSys fighter, or maybe more Persona DLC in BB Cross Tag Battle. :D 

Yep, the www.p5r.jp site went live last night as well. The more Persona projects the better as far as I'm concerned. The only ones I've not played are the Arena ones, don't have a PS3 anymore, my boys have it. And I suck at fighting games.

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

Persona5B.JP

When Yoko Taro thought Persona was too sensible, so sent Joker and the gang 5,000 years into the future for the Nier: Automata cross-over.

I now want this.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JPR said:

When Yoko Taro thought Persona was too sensible, so sent Joker and the gang 5,000 years into the future for the Nier: Automata cross-over.

I now want this.

I'd play that.

Futaba: "We've located the Palace of the machine lifeforms!"

Machines: "WE WILL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS"

Joker: nopenopenope

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Avuncular said:

How similar is this to the Persona game on Vita?

Structurally pretty much the same. You still have the calendar and days divided into sections, with school parts, story parts, and open parts where you can choose activities, increase social links or go into dungeons. The main dungeons aren't random mazes like in P4 though, but more elaborate locations with simple puzzle sections. And completely new story, setting and characters of course.

• Upvote 1

On 31/12/2018 at 21:45, Avuncular said:

Does it have the card things like the Vita one? Can't remember what they're called.

Yes, but this time to fit the theming they are masks.

• Upvote 1