Persona 5 | Persona 5 Royal | See OP for free DLC and guide to unlock P5R's new semester

Slowly making my way though this, but decided I'm really only here for the new story bits so popped the difficulty down to Friendly.

Some of the new stuff is showing up now, and I'm a fan of Kasumi's story arc. Had a little panic that I failed to get a certain confidants rank up to a specific number, which would mean losing the true ending, turns out he's just locked away till 2/11 according to the first post. That would be a massive kick in the balls. :lol:

Update on my Royal playthrough.

Looped around to how the game started finally.

Really liked when Kasumi shows up to save the day when the police are after you. Hoping it won't be long before she comes a proper party member.

Also, I've been watching the anime. Animation wise I think it's weaker than the Persona 4 adaptation, the colours feel a lot more saturated which I'm not feeling. That said, I thimk it's probably a better experience for people who haven't played the game more than 4 was. They do a better job of explaining what's happening rather than leaving to the audience to put things together (unless you played the game).

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see anything. With this in the PS5 collection this could be my first go at a Persona game. Maybe.

Edit: let's test spoiler tags:

Spoiler

Testing

Edit2: @Gambit you probably clicked quote instead of spoiler.

I'll try again then...

Third Semester spoilers:

Spoiler

Major heel turn from Maruki! I really liked the alternate reality aspect, reminded me of a show like Buffy where they would have those types of filler episodes. Naturally I refused his offer and once more I head into the final palace.

I finished it this weekend.

Ending spoilers:

Spoiler

That ending really got me. I felt for Dr Maruki at the end, dude just wanted to make everyone happy, as twisted as it was. I enjoyed the final dungeon too for the most part, the only problem was the horrible colour puzzle at the end. I feel like I just lucked my way through it. Good luck those with colour blindness!

I now have a Persona sized hole needing to be filled. (oo-er)

Yay!

Spoiler

He’s a pretty interesting “villain”, and from his perspective he’s not the bad guy, so you have this unique conflict of ideals. And yes, the colour room sometimes felt like hitting buttons and hoping for the best!

And, as ever, shoutouts to two of the best tunes in “I Believe” (day of the calling card infiltration) and “Throw Away Your Mask” (final battle); the latter having much more impact when you have context from the game...

As for that hole... well, there’s always P4G on Steam :D 

3 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Yay!

Reveal hidden contents

He’s a pretty interesting “villain”, and from his perspective he’s not the bad guy, so you have this unique conflict of ideals. And yes, the colour room sometimes felt like hitting buttons and hoping for the best!

And, as ever, shoutouts to two of the best tunes in “I Believe” (day of the calling card infiltration) and “Throw Away Your Mask” (final battle); the latter having much more impact when you have context from the game...

As for that hole... well, there’s always P4G on Steam :D 

I'm watching the Persona 5 anime at the minute. Don't play PC games so have my fingers crossed for a Switch port of Golden.

Another bit about the final dungeon and boss:

Spoiler

Fuck me if that went on for ages. He's dead! No he isn't! Then he turns into a giant fuck off Pacific Rim mech. Morgana is a helicopter! Oh shit. :lol:

And that's the anime finished. Or at least what Channel 4 have. Turns out there's a further four episodes. Two which actually finish the story, and a further two additional "fun" ones that are just on the OVA. I fucking hate anime distribution practices.

So on All 4 the final episode ends with:

spoiler for game

Spoiler

Akechi shooting Ren in the head.

I imagine that's a shocker for those that don't know about how the story continues.