rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
HarryBizzle

Tearaway - "sell your Wii U, buy a Vita" says Mortis

I just finished this and it was an absolute delight from start to finish. When the PS4 version comes out everyone need to buy it even though the magic touchscreen and camera WONDERTAINMENT EXTRAVAGANZA will be lacking.

Wound up blubber like an idiot at the end of it too when her wee legs and arms went flying off and she turned out to be carrying this book of our adventures.

:( I WILL MAKE YOU IN MY WORLD ATOI. YOU WILL RISE AGAIN. REPLETE WITH ALL YOUR SILLY ACCESSORIES I ADDED.
  • Upvote 5

I'll be picking it up in a couple of weeks - as soon as I get back from my summer holiday. It'll be just the pick me up I need. Looking forward to some forum impressions.

I think there's a demo on PSN as well for anyone that's undecided :)

Loved Tearaway on Vita, such a delight. Seems a bit pricey for a double-dip, though apparently it is substantially and well rebuilt for PS4. Will certainly give the demo a try when I get home.

Although I love the Vita version I hadn't been planning on getting this. But having watched a few video reviews and seeing how gorgeous it looks on PS4 I just can't resist. Works out at about £25 if you get it off the U.S. Store which is a steal.

It's been rebuilt and expanded. It was a magical experience on vita and I do fancy it on ps4.

If you're desperate, you might still be able to nab one from Game in Spain:

https://www.game.es/videojuegos/plataformas/playstation-4/tearaway-unfolded-edición-especial/116806#

I'm hovering over the buy button, no idea if they ship internationally. I've just tried to reserve one from the aforementioned Gamemania for store pickup, but I've been informed that they're all sold out, but ye never know. If somebody never picks up their pre-order I guess I'll be in some sort of queue to get a copy.

This is wonderful, I'd forgotten how much I loved this game. You do miss having your face in the sun but at least it saves me from having to stare at my double chin for eight hours. The other control changes I think are an improvement in Unfolded, as much of the Vita ones relied on the back touch which can be very unresponsive. Pressing the ds4 touchpad to drum/jump feels really nice. The companion app also works fine for photos and drawing.

Best of all though is how beautiful everything looks. Utterly gorgeous. The world is way more fleshed out and populated than the Vita version.

• Upvote 1

Preordered Unfolded last week from GAME as I had some points to use bringing it down to under £24. Was meant to turn up for release day and it didn't. Stupidly ordered to work so can't even check today :/

I really enjoyed playing through this but it wasn't a game I ever felt the urge to play through again

After playing it for a couple of hours I didn't feel the urge to play through it again. Forced myself to finish it, which is ironic because it feels like that's what the devs did too...

• Upvote 1

It's absolutely beautiful but just like all MM games, it's quite boring. I feel awful saying that but all the photos, customisation and handcrafted gorgeousness of it all does not mask that.

• Upvote 1

One of the things I found confusing in the demo was it tells you that you can decorate anything white. But the only thing I can manage to do is take a photo. I don't see options to add decorations, colours and so on.

The other bit I found borderline unusable was using the touch pad to draw. Perhaps using the companion app opens things up and makes it easier.