Ultimate Team

Timmo

On 19/09/2022 at 10:24, tenrou said:

Has anyone tried ea play pro?  I'm still not convinced with 23 but as I play on pc you can buy a play pro code for like 12 quid so I can try it out for a month and I think you get 1600 fifa points for the first month.   Almost like a rental for the game for a month.  

Just wondered if anyone had tried the 1 month pre paid codes and if they had any issues.

I've done the same, will see if I fancy it after a month....PC gets it a day early too on the 26th, not 27th, I've just been told.  

On 22/09/2022 at 15:40, Theholyhogg said:

Just had to watch a video regarding the new chemistry stuff as I was very confused.... I don't get why they had to change that,it wasn't broken before.

Gonna be great for building teams potentially, nightmare for the sbcs

If you go on Futbin and spend 5 minutes creating a team, it all makes sense really quickly.  I think it's for the best (team wise!).  They've nerfed Hunter/Shadow a little though, from what I can tell.  

if you're on pc you can change your timezone to seoul and it sets the unlock time to 4pm today (dunno if the game will play or not) if anyone is wanting a blast today if they have game pass or ea play/pro.  I bought a pro key for 12 quid on gamivo and it worked for registration so i get a 12 quid month trial so we can see if it's a good or a bad. game. 

3 hours ago, tenrou said:

if you're on pc you can change your timezone to seoul and it sets the unlock time to 4pm today (dunno if the game will play or not) if anyone is wanting a blast today if they have game pass or ea play/pro.  I bought a pro key for 12 quid on gamivo and it worked for registration so i get a 12 quid month trial so we can see if it's a good or a bad. game. 

Nah, doesn't work.  Or didn't for me anyway.  The 'Available in' timer disappeared and 'Play' was greyed out.  Set it back to UK and says it's available in 6 hours 14.

Apparently its a 'visual issue'  the UK timer won't make a difference either as that timer doesn't count.  If you go to the collection apparently and hover over it all version regardless of country show unlock at 4pm UK time tomorrow and that's the counter that matters.  Bit of an ea fuck up if you ask me.  

The next issue is that the new anti cheat software mandates that secure boot is enabled on your device.  My laptop supports it but its disabled and nothing i seem to do enables it.  I'm totally stumped as no bios setting I make at all stays, as soon as I exit the bios it reverts to disabled.  Bit of a mare......

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Sure is pal. 

Players feel like fridges!!

In comparison to the mutant, superhero, fantasy players you’ve been using for the last few months or in comparison to this time last year? I would welcome everything being a lot slower and more considered, but even if it is, it will only be a matter of time before the complaints grow and patches land to bring ping pong run run shoot back.

I hate it too. 

But I suspect a lot of that is becuase just a week ago I was playing with a stacked 198 team and now my best player is 81 Rashford. 

In Fifa 22 I was comfortable in D2. 

I haven't won one game yet in Rivals. Must

have played 25 games. 

Passing is woeful. Through balls are pointless. 

Not touched it today. Will wait for all the better players to hopefully move up the divisions so I can compete. 

See all these complaints sound Iike the kind of thing that makes for a better game of actual football. But it’s the same every year even going back 10 years or longer. Feels awful at first, things get tweaked, becomes an exercise in only using certain approaches and settles into the same cycle.

Im still going to get into it but going to avoid UT a lot this year and instead focus on Rivals and whatever this AFC Richmond stuff has in store.

Rich WHAT? Richmond! Rich WHAT? RICHMOND!!!

I dug in a bit last night. Clawed my way up to the heights of D9 and started to get a feel for the game. Its slow. But that's not a bad thing. Unfortunately pacey players seems to be to meta again with most players destroying me with Adama Traore. 

I usually hate FIFA and try the trials for an hour then never play them any further. 

I really like this new one though. Passing feels so much better. 

No interest in this ultimate team predatory bullshit though. 

Think I might actually buy my first FIFA game. (Well since the Mega Drive days anyway)

Or I will keep playing PES 5. 

I'm on the fence if I like this or not.  It certainly feels different than 22 for the most part.  It's more about passing and speed isn't as critical.  It's still useful as a really quick player can get away from a  really slow player but a big guy with strength can do some nice holdup play.  

At the moment I don't hate it so I suppose that's a good thing.